Bruce K.

Default Need help with getting rid of skunks.

I have noticed a pair of skunks around my house. Please
suggest a good repellent solution.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Nick Hull

In article ,
Bruce K. wrote:

I have noticed a pair of skunks around my house. Please
suggest a good repellent solution.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Knew a couple of fellows who would hunt skunks at night with a
flashlight and a baseball bat - beat them to death. Claimed to have
never been sprayed, they never smelled like it either. YMMV

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
JerryMouse

Bruce K. wrote:
I have noticed a pair of skunks around my house. Please
suggest a good repellent solution.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Why? Are they bothering you? They're just trying to make a living.

Probably honeymooners looking to put down roots in the community.

Meanwhile, they do a good job of clearing out pests: roaches, moles, clams,
whatever.

Les Nessman

"JerryMouse" wrote in message
Bruce K. wrote:
I have noticed a pair of skunks around my house. Please
suggest a good repellent solution.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Why? Are they bothering you? They're just trying to make a living.

Probably honeymooners looking to put down roots in the community.

Meanwhile, they do a good job of clearing out pests: roaches, moles,

clams,
whatever.

They also like to dig up lawns in search of grubs...spray pets or yourself
as you
walk out to your car at night.

Stinky li'l buggars. )

Randd01

They sell something called fox blood that keeps skunks away. Keep your trash
covered tighly and put Something down on your lawn to kill grubs as this is
most likely what they are after. You will see holes dup in the grass if you
have them. You can also peel back a section of lawn and see if there are any
grubs underneath the sod. I had the same problem with skunks. I had grubs in
the lawn. Once the grubs were gone so were skunks. And Dont worry skunks wont
spray unless they are cornered or threatened. They make cute pets!
Bill Schnakenberg

Bruce K. wrote:

I have noticed a pair of skunks around my house. Please
suggest a good repellent solution.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Move to the city. You'll probably meet another class of skunks, some
with guns.
Chris Lewis

According to Randd01 :
They sell something called fox blood that keeps skunks away. Keep your trash
covered tighly and put Something down on your lawn to kill grubs as this is
most likely what they are after. You will see holes dup in the grass if you
have them. You can also peel back a section of lawn and see if there are any
grubs underneath the sod. I had the same problem with skunks. I had grubs in
the lawn. Once the grubs were gone so were skunks.

We have a bit of a grub problem, and the skunks have it reasonably
under control. We prefer to avoid chemicals on our property.
Yes, the skunks dig holes, but in our case at least, not that
much, so we just kick the clods back into place and forget about it.

And Dont worry skunks wont
spray unless they are cornered or threatened.

Skunks are very reluctant to spray. They do a lot of threatening
first (raise tail, stomp feet, and make other noise) in an attempt
to avoid letting fly.

The only time I've ever heard of a person being sprayed was when
he ran over a skunk on his bicycle in the middle of the night...

But some dogs never learn...

They make cute pets!

True, but it's a bit difficult to domesticate an adult...
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est