DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   fuel tank replacement ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/65757-fuel-tank-replacement.html)

thurston ackerman August 19th 04 10:53 AM

fuel tank replacement ?

Our 500 gal, above ground in unimproved celler is
showing sings of it over 40 years age, so we our
planning replaceing it before it leaks and fouls
up our open dirt celler floor ( as happened in an
other home 60 years ago 8-(.

We have had a estimate of $700.00 to pump out existing
fuel, remove questionable tank and refill the tank
in metro Boston,MA

Does this sound realistic for this market?

Ciao, Ack.

---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ "It is better to be roughly right than precisly wrong"
* Origin: *Relaynet(tm) BBSNETS (#5647) BBS Networks @ www.bb (900:300/5647)
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *

Dr. Hardcrab August 19th 04 11:30 AM

"thurston ackerman" wrote

Our 500 gal, above ground in unimproved celler is
showing sings of it over 40 years age, so we our
planning replaceing it before it leaks and fouls
up our open dirt celler floor ( as happened in an
other home 60 years ago 8-(.

We have had a estimate of $700.00 to pump out existing
fuel, remove questionable tank and refill the tank
in metro Boston,MA

Go for it!

We charge $600 to swap out a 275 tank (and we are cheap!), so if you are
getting a 500 for that price, I'd do it.......

HA HA Budys Here August 19th 04 02:46 PM

From: "Dr. Hardcrab" com

"thurston ackerman" wrote

Our 500 gal, above ground in unimproved celler is
showing sings of it over 40 years age, so we our
planning replaceing it before it leaks and fouls
up our open dirt celler floor ( as happened in an
other home 60 years ago 8-(.

We have had a estimate of $700.00 to pump out existing
fuel, remove questionable tank and refill the tank
in metro Boston,MA

Go for it!

We charge $600 to swap out a 275 tank (and we are cheap!), so if you are
getting a 500 for that price, I'd do it.......

Would it not be easier to simply wait until the tank is at or near empty?

TURTLE August 20th 04 12:21 AM

From: "Dr. Hardcrab" com

"thurston ackerman" wrote

Our 500 gal, above ground in unimproved celler is
showing sings of it over 40 years age, so we our
planning replaceing it before it leaks and fouls
up our open dirt celler floor ( as happened in an
other home 60 years ago 8-(.

We have had a estimate of $700.00 to pump out existing
fuel, remove questionable tank and refill the tank
in metro Boston,MA

Go for it!

We charge $600 to swap out a 275 tank (and we are cheap!), so if you are
getting a 500 for that price, I'd do it.......

Would it not be easier to simply wait until the tank is at or near empty?

This is Turtle.

Right now your not using much oil and you can wait till it runs out in October
when it is freezing out doors and then let it run out and then call the service
people over to do it Right now because your cold and freezing. Then have the oil
fuel tanker come out to fill it right now because your freezing.

Another point Where is empty ? zero to 50 gal.. Zero --- no extra weight or 50
gal. --- extra 350 pounds to deal with.

I don't think pumping out a tank is not all that bad of a thing.

TURTLE

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).