jtpr

Default Dealing with sand paint in a bathroom

We have a small full bathroom that is presently painted with a sand finish
paint that is peeling in places. Would anybody have any recommendations on
how to finish the walls with a minimum of effort?

--
--Jim
©¿©¬

Doug Kanter

If you don't want the sand texture, it seems to me you have two choices. You
could continue scraping off the paint completely. If there's sheetrock
underneath, you won't be able to use brute force without gouging the
surface, although that can be patched with putty. Or, you could skim coat
the whole thing with drywall mud, but getting it nice & even will probably
land you in a psych ward. I'd go with the first option if it were mine.

"jtpr" wrote in message
. ..
We have a small full bathroom that is presently painted with a sand finish
paint that is peeling in places. Would anybody have any recommendations

on
how to finish the walls with a minimum of effort?

--
--Jim
©¿©¬

Bathroom fans improperly vented jeff Home Repair 11 June 4th 04 05:30 PM
Bathroom Mirror. Terry Home Repair 2 May 2nd 04 10:42 PM
Bathroom Paint - Required? Charles Middleton UK diy 7 March 12th 04 01:08 AM
Wood Floor in Bathroom Rob Gray Home Repair 5 February 23rd 04 04:28 AM
Toilet Blocks Bathroom Door From Fully Opening Question Mark Home Repair 9 February 22nd 04 02:40 AM