velovelo13

Default refrigerant

I think I typed R299 instead of R290. R290 is propane.
American Mechanical

"velovelo13" wrote in message
om...
I think I typed R299 instead of R290. R290 is propane.

That makes more sense. Errr, no on second thought it doesn't. Are you
aware that propane is flammable and under pressure is rather dangerous?

All kidding aside, the hydrocarbon refrigerant schemes are more than I care
to investigate let alone risk my neck for.

- Robert

SQLit

"velovelo13" wrote in message
om...
I think I typed R299 instead of R290. R290 is propane.

I have seen some freezers that used propane, like minus 75 C. I doubt that
an conversion would work very well.

TURTLE

"velovelo13" wrote in message
om...
I think I typed R299 instead of R290. R290 is propane.

This is Turtle.

I really don't see any worth while reason I would want to use anything other
than R-22 or R-407-C as a replacement for the R-22.

If you could give a application your speaking about and the reason for the need
of the Propane replacement. we can give you another replacement to use that
would be more easily installed or bought. I will say this before I went to
Proipane i would go with R-134-A from Auto Zone.

What application do you have in mine here ?

TURTLE

---

r.bartlett

it's amazing that people are scared of gas

why I have an 1 1/2 pipe coming into my house with an endless supply of the
stuff -so much so that I often set light to it !!

jeezzzeeuuss.......

care refrigerants are fine and dandy for those who

1 are trained in it's use (like moi ;-)
2 those not stuck in the 20th century and believe that this industry should
be 'just like it was when papa was a pup'
3 not afraid of change

http://www.care-refrigerants.co.uk/h...tid=4&idofuser
=

410a IS the way forward ,22 is dying and 407 a cul-de-sac

time to get back to school and update your training regime (esp when coca
cola macdonalds et al get co2 in their coolers)

cheers

richard

Old air conditioner refrigerant? Jim Haynes Home Ownership 3 July 22nd 04 04:06 PM
Need input on choosing central air, and old vs. new refrigerant Central Air Shopper Home Repair 2 July 19th 04 08:39 PM
Recovery and charging of refrigerant (R134A)? Z UK diy 3 April 30th 04 09:32 AM