DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kenmore dryer 2002 Push to start will start motor but will not stay on. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/65683-kenmore-dryer-2002-push-start-will-start-motor-but-will-not-stay.html)

Doug August 18th 04 07:48 PM

Kenmore dryer 2002 Push to start will start motor but will not stay on.

I press the "push to start" button. If I keep my finger pressed on
the "push to start" button the motor will run. If I let go, the motor
will stop.
I have checked the PTS, the door switch, the belt switch. The thermal
resistor is ok. I am thinking it is the electronic control. Are
there any further tests to verify this.

Thanks

jeff August 18th 04 10:56 PM

(Doug) wrote in message om...
I press the "push to start" button. If I keep my finger pressed on
the "push to start" button the motor will run. If I let go, the motor
will stop.
I have checked the PTS, the door switch, the belt switch. The thermal
resistor is ok. I am thinking it is the electronic control. Are
there any further tests to verify this.

Thanks

Hi,

Model#? Kenmore is made by several different companies and each
company even has a few different styles.
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

I am thinking it is the electronic control.

If your dryer is an "Even Heat" style dryer, this may help....
http://www.applianceaid.com/evenheat.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

[email protected] August 18th 04 11:32 PM

If it has an Evenheat Control (usually says that on the control panel,
or in the parts list), then it is probably that.