Ryan Ashline

Default HVAC ?

Well I bought a home a couple years ago and noticed when I first used
the HVAC system that the vents did not blow very much air. I left
overseas for a year now I am back it's getting very hot so I turn the
unit on and still noticed very little air blowing from unit. I
replaced the filters every couple of months when the unit is used, and
they never had very much dirt on them. I went out side yesterday and
notice the compressor outside wasn't blowing hot air like I remember
the units used to. I thought since the unit was running all day,
without really cooling the house as usual, that maybe the coil was
froze up. I yanked and pulled on a panel to get to the coils. I was
able to look under the A coil thing and it looks completely covered
with dog hair and muck (I don't own a dog the previous owner did) So I
found what I believe to be the airflow restriction. Now from what I
can tell two lines would have to be cut (probly cleared of freon
first then the coil removed and power washed clean. Then repipped the
recharge the system. Today I turned the system back on and it did blow
hot air like my neighbor does and like I thought it should. Now that
would be one thing to do. The other would be replacing the
26-year-old system. It is a gaffers & Sattler. A have done a little
research and the XL19i trane seems to be the best unit right now. Can
anyone give me a ballpark price to replace the unit with this XL19i
trane? I have started to remodel my kitchen so I am not sure if I
want to spend the money to replace and slow the remodel of the kitchen
or clean the coil and continue full speed on the kitchen.

Thanks for anyone who may have a comment or suggestion

Ryan
m Ransley

First clean the coil , you dont remove it unless you are Daves Hack
Heating co. Get it checked out and do your shopping. A pro is your best
bet for a service call.

HVAC Dilemma Hell Toupee Home Repair 5 July 2nd 04 02:11 PM
Residential HVAC contractor recommendation in Houston, TX? TURTLE Home Repair 6 July 24th 03 09:23 PM