Den

Default US name for a UK product

Group:

Is there anyone that knows of a US available equivalent to the UK available
Jeyes Bin Powder (i.e. a powder that neutralizes trash can smells).

Cheers

Roger

Is there anyone that knows of a US available equivalent to the UK

available
Jeyes Bin Powder (i.e. a powder that neutralizes trash can smells).

Kaolin granules or plain clay-based cat litter works pretty well. I don't
know of an equivalent, though.
At our house we just freeze and bag stuff that will spoil, like
chicken/fish/beef bones and scrap, then toss them the day of garbage pickup.
This does the job, with no smells, without all the unnecessary chemical load
being added to landfills. It also keeps raccoons and other animals away from
rotting garbage.

Red Neckerson

"Den" wrote in message
Group:

Is there anyone that knows of a US available equivalent to the UK

available
Jeyes Bin Powder (i.e. a powder that neutralizes trash can smells).

Yes. It's called Clorox and a scrub brush.....

Joseph Meehan

Den wrote:
Group:

Is there anyone that knows of a US available equivalent to the UK

available
Jeyes Bin Powder (i.e. a powder that neutralizes trash can smells).

Cheers

I have seen the products, but I don't recall bin powder. However I will
guess it is a baking soda product.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Harvey Van Sickle

On 17 Aug 2004, Den wrote

Group:

Is there anyone that knows of a US available equivalent to the UK
available Jeyes Bin Powder (i.e. a powder that neutralizes trash
can smells).

As Joseph Meehan suggests, you can just use baking soda rather than a
special-packaged product. Predictably, it's one of the tips on the Arm
& Hammer site:

http://www.armhammer.com/myhome/room...&location=Wast
ebasket

--
Cheers,
Harvey

John McGaw

"Den" wrote in message
Group:

Is there anyone that knows of a US available equivalent to the UK

available
Jeyes Bin Powder (i.e. a powder that neutralizes trash can smells).

Cheers

For anyone looking to provide an answer, the product in question is a
disinfectant, not just an odor masker, and the full name is Jeyes Freshbin.
Oddly enough the maker says that it is suitable for use in kennels and
stables as well as in the rubbish bin but warns that it must not be used in
catteries or where cats might come into contact with it. I don't understand
that bit at all.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Bill Schnakenberg

John McGaw wrote:

"Den" wrote in message
. ..

Group:

Is there anyone that knows of a US available equivalent to the UK

available

Jeyes Bin Powder (i.e. a powder that neutralizes trash can smells).

Cheers

For anyone looking to provide an answer, the product in question is a
disinfectant, not just an odor masker, and the full name is Jeyes Freshbin.
Oddly enough the maker says that it is suitable for use in kennels and
stables as well as in the rubbish bin but warns that it must not be used in
catteries or where cats might come into contact with it. I don't understand
that bit at all.

Probably for the same reason that most flea powder is made differently,
depending upon whether it is made for a cat or a dog. Cats clean
themselves by licking, thereby possibly ingesting greater amounts of
toxic substances than a dog or horse, neither of which care about
cleanliness.

John McGaw

"Bill Schnakenberg" wrote in message
John McGaw wrote:

"Den" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Ah so des! Yes, that makes sense now. Guess you can tell that I've never had
a cat...
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]