Rob

Default how do i get rid of BO?!?

I bought a treadmill on ebay. It's exactly what the seller said it was and
is in great shape except.......... the seller must have stored all his
sweaty dirty laundry on the thing. The tread stinks like BO. I've tried
lysol and fabreeze and it's done nothing. Any thoughts on how to get rid of
this, it's stinking up the house!!! Thanks.

Dr. Hardcrab

"Rob" wrote in message news:c02Uc.18439$iE3.363@trndny09...
I bought a treadmill on ebay. It's exactly what the seller said it was

and
is in great shape except.......... the seller must have stored all his
sweaty dirty laundry on the thing. The tread stinks like BO. I've tried
lysol and fabreeze and it's done nothing. Any thoughts on how to get rid

of
this, it's stinking up the house!!! Thanks.

Sounds like a Seinfeld episode....

;-]

m Ransley

Hook it to your boat tow rope and have good fun with it while it washes
itself.

Call the manufacturer

SQLit

"Rob" wrote in message news:c02Uc.18439$iE3.363@trndny09...
I bought a treadmill on ebay. It's exactly what the seller said it was

and
is in great shape except.......... the seller must have stored all his
sweaty dirty laundry on the thing. The tread stinks like BO. I've tried
lysol and fabreeze and it's done nothing. Any thoughts on how to get rid

of
this, it's stinking up the house!!! Thanks.

wipe it down with bleach

Michael Baugh

Not bleach. Bleach water. 10/1 water to bleach.
Plenty of contact time.
But if I were doing it, I would try mouthwash first
http://scarf.netfirms.com/Stain%20Removing%20Tips.htm

SQLit wrote in message

"Rob" wrote in message

I bought a treadmill on ebay. It's exactly what the seller said it was

and
is in great shape except.......... the seller must have stored all his
sweaty dirty laundry on the thing. The tread stinks like BO. I've

tried
lysol and fabreeze and it's done nothing. Any thoughts on how to get

rid
of
this, it's stinking up the house!!! Thanks.

wipe it down with bleach

I-zheet M'drurz

Rob wrote:

I bought a treadmill on ebay. It's exactly what the seller said
it was and is in great shape except.......... the seller must
have stored all his sweaty dirty laundry on the thing. The
tread stinks like BO. I've tried lysol and fabreeze and it's
done nothing. Any thoughts on how to get rid of this, it's
stinking up the house!!! Thanks.

Bleach water. 1/2 cup bleach in a gallon of cold water, mix
well, pour into spray bottle, spritz on tread, allow to saturate
and evaporate. Rotate tread, repeat on next untreated section.
Repeat 2 or 3 times as needed. KEEP PETS OUT OF THE ROOM, you
don't want them licking it (and crawling crumb crushers too,
of course.) Don't go too heavy on the bleach, or it will start
to react with the tread (assuming rubber?) and that wouldn't
be a good thing.

--
Saluting America's #1 (animated) "MILF" - Lois Griffin!
Tom Pendergast e-mail is for sissies, say it on line
Atom1

"Rob" wrote in message

I bought a treadmill on ebay. It's exactly what the seller said it

was
and
is in great shape except.......... the seller must have stored all

his
sweaty dirty laundry on the thing. The tread stinks like BO. I've

tried
lysol and fabreeze and it's done nothing. Any thoughts on how to get

rid
of
this, it's stinking up the house!!! Thanks.

In the spa I go to they use "Simple Green" in between clients, but an
ammonia dilution at night. They say the bleach dries out the coverings too
rapidly.

Michelle
Italy

LooknBlu

Click & Clack always reccommend a product called "Nature's Miracle" -
some enzymatic stuff.
Definitely put it in the garage, or better yet outside - some sunshine
might do some good, and you don't want anything else picking-up the
smell.
Fabreeze is a crock!

"Atom1" wrote in message

"Rob" wrote in message

[...]

Scott Packard

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:46:00 +0000, Rob wrote:

I bought a treadmill on ebay. It's exactly what the seller said it was and
is in great shape except.......... the seller must have stored all his
sweaty dirty laundry on the thing. The tread stinks like BO. I've tried
lysol and fabreeze and it's done nothing. Any thoughts on how to get rid of
this, it's stinking up the house!!! Thanks.

Actually Fabreeze works well and is a breakthrough in
chemically neutralizing odors. Since you said you used it
and it didn't work, it could be on the reverse side of the
belt or embedded and/or caused by decomposing rubber.
The best way may be to take the belt off, change it with
a new belt from the mfgr, and thoroughly clean all surfaces
that sweat would drip onto.
That said, you can try band-aid solutions.
Load http://www.ackits.com and click on Evaporator Core Treatment.
That foaming stuff should help neutralize organic odors.
You must rinse with water afterwards.

You could also try contacting a company specializing in cleanups
after fires. They may have some equipment that would work.
I understand that ozone is a powerful oxidizing agent that may
convert the smelly molecules into less odorous reaction products.

Here's a link about how to get rid of skunk-smell.
Maybe the formulae work for B.O. also:
http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/webpag...1/gen01615.htm

Regards, Scott

Melinda Meahan - remove TRASH to reply

Scott Packard wrote:

Actually Fabreeze works well and is a breakthrough in
chemically neutralizing odors. Since you said you used it

But janitorial supply houses have been selling odor counteractants for
decades.

--
Where no oxen are, the crib is clean,
But much benefit is derived from the labor of the ox.
Rob

wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:46:00 GMT, "Rob" wrote:

I bought a treadmill on ebay. It's exactly what the seller said it was

and
is in great shape except.......... the seller must have stored all his
sweaty dirty laundry on the thing. The tread stinks like BO. I've tried
lysol and fabreeze and it's done nothing. Any thoughts on how to get rid

of
this, it's stinking up the house!!! Thanks.

Take a shower !!!!
(Yes, I know it's only been 6 weeks since you last took one, but make
an exception and take one today, instead of waiting the entire year).

i was waiting for that obvious response. im surprised it took this long for
someone with enough originality to come up with it!

Paul Franklin

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:46:00 GMT, "Rob" wrote:

I bought a treadmill on ebay. It's exactly what the seller said it was and
is in great shape except.......... the seller must have stored all his
sweaty dirty laundry on the thing. The tread stinks like BO. I've tried
lysol and fabreeze and it's done nothing. Any thoughts on how to get rid of
this, it's stinking up the house!!! Thanks.

Once you've tried some of the other suggestions, if it still stinks...

Unplug and take off the motor and head covers and make sure there
isn't something dead in there, like a mouse.