Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Protective gear for medical workers begins to run low again

On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 1:34:09 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 00:06:39 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 13:22:16 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 10:38:18 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

trader_4 formulated the question :
On Friday, July 10, 2020 at 7:10:24 PM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:
Bob F explained :
On 7/10/2020 12:28 PM,
wrote:

I have managed to live a long and fruitful life without ever attending
a political rally, demonstration or convention.
OTOH it is not much different than going to a movie, a sports event or
a make out bar. It is just more politically charged.

We still haven't seen anyone talking about the bloom of cases from the
BLM riots.
Maybe there is something about being outside or maybe tear gas and the
smoke from burning buildings does kill the corona.

Maybe wearing masks and being outside both make a big difference. I have
read that there were not many indications of mass spreading from the
protests. One person said that they had larger spread for a single bar
than protests at the same time.

The less we breathe each other's exhalations, the better. Outside is
better, in a room well ventilated with fresh air is not too bad.
Recirculated air is worse and worse still is a closed crowded room.

Our second wave is expected to hit as people go indoors more and
breathe in each other's exhalations more as northern Winter approaches.
The problem is we are still on the first wave.

In NY state apparently shopping malls can only open if they have a
special air filtering system installed. That struck me as bizarre.
These malls have huge air spaces, even stores like Macy's the ceilings
are very high, lots of open space compared to the number of people
in them. So why there and not businesses, regular stores, supermarkets,
apartment buildings, etc? Most of those have more people in less
air space.

It would be interesting to read about how they came to that decision.
I'm sure gfretwell sees $$$ as a major factor - he might not be wrong
if he does think that.

Anyone who refuses to follow the money will remain lost in the weeds
of confusion about why things are the way they are.

I think you're spot on. No one knows more about being lost in the weeds of
confusion.

If you are not following the money you live in fantasy land. They may
end up collecting close to $2billion in this election and that is not
coming from little people. Big money is buying our government and
folks like you are still in denial.

We can add that to the list of Trump's broken promises.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 01:14:11 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 23:28:17 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 20:00:21 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 14:05:21 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 09:17:27 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 11:06:03 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 12:50:58 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 2:56:18 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote in message

I see little difference between winter and summer.

More fool you in the cooler parts of the USA in summer.

Which cooler parts are those? I live in Michigan and the temperature
has been over 32 C for the better part of two weeks.

We've had the air-conditioning running constantly for more than a
month.

Cindy Hamilton

That is what my kids are complaining about and they grew up in Ft
Myers.

Maybe time for the Republicans to accept the science on global warming too?
Nah, better to lie and deny.

It was hot in DC in the summer when I was growing up. 100 was not
unusual.

What does that have to do with global climate change?

I didn't bring up climate change, I only pointed out they have air
conditioning all over the north and people like it inside.

I didn't say you brought up climate change, but you responded to a comment
about climate change by talking about how hot it was in DC. So I asked what
that has to do with climate change. Care to take a guess?

Excuse me for trying to stay on topic when you folks are advancing an
unrelated agenda.
We were talking about whether hiding in the AC was only a red state
problem. I would suggest we are more likely to be able to tolerate
hot weather. Those northern guys wilt when it gets much over 80.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 04:07:42 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, July 13, 2020 at 12:31:44 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 21:00:40 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/12/2020 10:35 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 00:09:03 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 13:41:03 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 17:31:51 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 13:37:24 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, July 10, 2020 at 3:23:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 10:38:13 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Trump has made almost everything about Trump, not me.

Now who is the gullible one? I have no problem ignoring him. You seem
to hang on his every word.

Maybe that's the problem, you choose to ignore it. How did that work out
for the German people in the 30s? Or even here in America, when many like
you ignored what he was saying and doing and elected him president anyway
and we have had nothing but a **** show? I prefer to be an informed voter,
it works much better that way.

Like you, I prefer to be an informed voter, but maybe there's something to
be said for the Muggles/Fretwell approach. Life is easier when you can just
sit on the porch swing or the golf cart, fat, dumb, and happy.

A truly informed voter couldn't vote for either of those bozos. I know
you will hold your nose and vote for bi bi biden but I wouldn't brag
about it.

I won't be holding my nose. Biden is qualified for the job. Trump is not.

Biden is slipping into dementia.

Pure nonsense. Anyone that wants can find his recent statements online,
and clearly see that he is way more thoughtful and reasonable that just
about any repub.

So he has good writers working for him. The problem is when he
actually speaks for himself off script. Then the weird **** comes out.
This isn't about Trump unless you are really on a race to the bottom.

Say what? This election isn't about Trump?

As usual your TDS made you miss the point.
Why should the democrats run someone who says **** dumber than Trump
comes up with? I agree when Biden reads off the prompter he sounds
like a tired old politician but as soon as he gets off script he
becomes a senile old grandpa who might say anything.
He came up with this gem the other day.
€œGood afternoon, everyone. As Lilly already indicated, Im Joe
Bidens husband, Joe Biden.€

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Hillary collected and spent far more than Trump. (~150%)
The democrats have become the party of big bribes, mostly from tort
lawyers, lobbyists and the financial sector.

Hillary; Direct bribes $563,756,928 Outside money $206,122,160
Trump; Direct bribes $333,127,164 Outside money $165,141,594

Lawyers and lobbyists Hillary $117,318,552, Trump $37,873,136
Finance Hillary $43,827,411 Trump $1,956,191
Unions Hillary $29,026,280 Trump $17,754
Healthcare conglomerates Hillary $32,611,535 Trump $4,868,535

You know, they write this **** down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Nobody says **** dumber than trump!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

[...]

I take it you came to the realization that the weather in DC has nothing to
do with global climate change. Thank you.

One wonders, then, why you even brought it up, but let's let it go. That
way thar be dragons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You'd have to ask the Democrats that. I agree you'd think there would
have been other candidates that would have been better. You should
ask the Republicans the same thing, how did they wind up with Trump?
Both parties have been failing in their primary process.

I agree when Biden reads off the prompter he sounds
like a tired old politician but as soon as he gets off script he
becomes a senile old grandpa who might say anything.
He came up with this gem the other day.
€œGood afternoon, everyone. As Lilly already indicated, Im Joe
Bidens husband, Joe Biden.€

No question Biden fumbles up words and sentences frequently like that.
IDK that you can conclude it's senility though. He had a stroke some
years ago, brain surgery too. It's possible he has some residual
damage from that and it may have nothing to do with his thinking
and decision making problems. If someone stutters for example, it
doesn't mean they are not intelligent. And whatever Biden has or
doesn't have, there is no evidence that he won't listen, take advice,
make sound judgments based on what's before him and be capable of
discharging the duties of the office. With Trump we've had three
and a half years of seeing him in action and it's been one bad
decision, one lie, one insult, one divisive, stupid **** show after
another. We have a long list of people who were up close to Trump,
people he picked, people he said were the very best and they all
tell a similar story and have dire warnings about his
fitness and competence. Tillerson summed it up best. I don;t
see a long list of people involved with Biden who are saying that about
him. Right now Trump is trying to lie and deny his way out of
Covid, attacking his own govt, attacking the CDC, instead of having
a national plan. We can't endure another 4 years of that, making Biden
the correct choice. Also, unlike Trump, I have confidence that if
there comes a point where because of medical issues Biden can't
discharge the duties, I have confidence he would resign for the
good of the country, a concept totally foreign to Trump. Also if
you think that Biden example is bad, have you read what Trump said
to Telemundo about DACA? An executive order bill? That the SC just
gave him new powers to do that? It was worse than anything I ever
heard Biden say. I'm pretty sure Biden knows the difference between
a bill and an exec order. I'm pretty sure Biden knows when the SC
hands him a defeat, not new powers. And Trump does fine when on
the teleprompter too, as soon as he speaks freely, that's when the
big trouble starts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

They also have Trump on video, bragging that he doesn't want and doesn't
need anyone else's money. He was going to completely self-finance. I guess
that didn't work out. Not that his supporters hold him to anything, of
course.

You know, they get this **** on video.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

€œjust walk out on the balcony here€” walk out, put that double barrel
shot gun and fire two blasts outside the house.€

Sounds pretty dumb to me, like 20 years in prison dumb.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

[...]

Only to point out it gets hot up north too. In some cases hotter than
Florida. DC being the example I have the most experience with but
Cindy was talking about Michigan, a similar example.
All of that going to the point that just because it is summer does not
mean people spend more time outside. With them closing pools, golf
courses and beaches, there is not as much reason to go outside so the
problem might be worse.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 04:01:39 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 11:19:13 PM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Same here. I disagree with Biden and the Democrats on a lot of policy,
but it's not about policy anymore. It's about a really bad experiment
that's gone terribly wrong. The Trumpets insisted that no other GOP
candidate was any good, it had to be Trump. They assured us that he was
mentally fit, not only competent, but a great businessman who would bring
all the skills of a successful CEO to work for America.

Did you see that Trump floated the idea of selling Puerto Rico because it
was so damaged by that hurricane? I guess that's the flip side of trying to
buy Greenland.

No, I didn't. I presume that was back right after the hurricane?
Doesn't surprise me though. Did you see how there was little reaction
to all that totally screwy BS Trump told to Telemundo that we were talking
about? That's how low Trump has taken the office. He spews forth really
bizarre, crazy, stupid things and the media and country hardly notice
anymore. The WH does cleanup, simply ignoring what Trump actually said
and pretending nothing was amiss, claiming Trump didn't say anything different
or unusual at all. Everyone has become numb to it. If any other, normal,
sane president had done that, there would have been a huge uproar and
it would have gone on for days. With Trump, Americans and the world have come
to accept him as a crazy, incompetent buffoon that should be mostly ignored.
In fact that's what Fretwell told us the other day, that he just ignores him.
And Trump ignores Covid and most of his other duties.

With what Trump said to Telemundo, I think Pelosi and Schumer blew it too.
They should have come out the next morning, ignored the WH cleanup and
said that they welcome Trump's new position, welcome that he now wants
to give citizenship to DACA. Pelosi should have said that she can
guarantee that the House will pass a path to citizenship for DACA bill
and Schumer should have said the Democrats in the Senate will support it
too. That would put the focus back on Trump and his Telemundo BS and
give the rest of the Republicans grief on the issue too.

Schiff and Pelosi issued their all-too-common 'this is outrageous'
statements and then the whole thing just blew over to make room for what
comes next. There's no room to breathe, no time to grieve, in between the
**** shows.

Instead we got
a deranged, evil, orange clown and one **** show after another. He
won't listen to anyone, won't learn, won't learn from his mistakes.
He can't handle Covid, he's screwed that totally, how about the next
screw up is a nuclear war?

I don't see much cooperation lately with NK. I wonder how the KJU love
affair is going? Satellite photos have recently shown that they're still
working on something.

I think they are still working on everything. Nothing has stopped, just
some testing. The nuclear testing had advanced over many years, the last
test was big, so they have working warheads and testing is not as critical
now. ICBMs they are continuing to develop, they have just held off testing
and I would expect that a new test is coming before long, maybe before
the election.

Beyond that, the GOP needs to suffer an epic defeat, at all levels, to
totally repudiate what they have done. Otherwise, having paid no price
for their enabling Trump, they will just keep doing the same stupid things.
We tried everything else to bring them to reason, this is the only
option left. In decades of voting, prior to Trump, I only voted for a
few Democrats and only at the local level. One guy I knew. The others
the GOP county level politicians had gotten arrogant, were feeding at
the trough and had control. I voted for Democrats to get someone to keep
an eye on them, reign them in. This time I will be voting for all Democrats.
And I ended my GOP registration a year ago. I'm so glad I did, my
conscience is clear as I watch the final **** show.

To me, the only thing the current R party has in common with the party from
4 years ago is the name. Who would have thought that a major political
party could be turned upside down so quickly.

Sadly I agree. It's become nothing but the cult of the evil, orange clown.
And as I've said before, I think there is a good chance it's the end.
The GOP has been slowly losing voters versus the Democrats for decades
now. Part of it is demographic trends. Even where they have picked up
voters, among Evangelicals, they are losing. They've pretty much got
all the support from them that they can wring out and the percentage of
Americans who are Evangelicals has been steadily declining. Trump is
driving everyone else away in droves at an accelerating pace. And when
he's gone, what happens then? I don't see them returning to their
principles and values and coalescing around a
reasonable candidate, a Romney, a Kasich, a Larry Hogan, etc. I see
the nasty, divisive BS resuming within the party, with the Trumpets
insisting they want another Trump type. Maybe Don Jr would make them
happy. The wild cards are how far left and crazy the Democrats get
and coming crises for America, eg the rapidly escalating national debt,
how Covid plays out, etc.

Mick Mulvaney said last week that if this election becomes a referendum
on Trump, Trump has a big headwind to get re-elected. My first reaction
was that any re-election with an incumbent is usually a referendum on
them. Second, how can it not be a referendum on Trump? It's always
been Trump, Trump, Trump. Trump makes sure of that, so how can it change
now? I was watching Meet the Press yesterday. At the end, one of the
panelist mentioned Biden. Chuck Todd noted that was only the second time
his name has been mentioned during the hour.

Another big mistake I think is Trump dismissing Biden as some
senile, old man. Trump has set the bar for Biden extremely low. When
they have their first debate, Biden doesn't have to do a great job,
all he has to do is show that he's not senile and can answer questions.
And with all the ammo out there to use against Trump, to get Trump
riled up, to get him to go nuts, I'd say it's very possible, even likely
that the debate will turn out to be a big surprise for Trump and the Trumpets.
The usual circus of insults, lies, and BS may not work anymore,
especially with 200K+ Americans dead and the economy sucking wind.

Like watching a car accident, during the debates I want to see if Trump
walks around behind Joe and yells "Wrong!" when Joe is making a point. I
suspect not. He usually lets his more-stupid side come out when he's
dealing with a woman.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

From 2013. You went back 7 years to find something stupid. That's lazy on
your part. Biden has said dumb things more recently than that, but he can't
hold a candle to Trump. Pick a day, any day. How about Trump talking about
a DACA exec order bill, where he'll put DACA in, then he'll take it out.
WTF? How about Trump, just today, talking about Chuck Woolery, the aging
ex-host of The Love Connection? 'Dumb' has a permanent home with Trump.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

From 2013. You went back 7 years to find something stupid. That's lazy on
your part. Biden has said dumb things more recently than that, but he can't
hold a candle to Trump. Pick a day, any day. How about Trump talking about
a DACA exec order bill, where he'll put DACA in, then he'll take it out.
WTF? How about Trump, just today, talking about Chuck Woolery, the aging
ex-host of The Love Connection? 'Dumb' has a permanent home with Trump.

You are right, ancient history, when Biden was sharper than he is
today.
Hey, in a decade you would be up for parole if you followed his
advice.