DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Covid-19 is more of a blood vessel disease than a respiratory disease (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/651509-covid-19-more-blood-vessel-disease-than-respiratory-disease.html)

Bod[_3_] July 7th 20 05:45 AM

Covid-19 is more of a blood vessel disease than a respiratory disease

While the virus enters the body through the lungs, it seems to do its
damage by attaching to the insides of blood vessels, infecting organs,
like the kidneys and the brain, with lots of fine blood vessels.

€œWhen they do autopsies, they find thousands of tiny little blood clots
all over the body,€

danny burstein July 7th 20 05:50 AM

In Bod writes:

While the virus enters the body through the lungs, it seems to do its
damage by attaching to the insides of blood vessels, infecting organs,
like the kidneys and the brain, with lots of fine blood vessels.

"When they do autopsies, they find thousands of tiny little blood clots
all over the body,"

Not sure why the **** you posted this to alt.home.repair, but
as long as you did...

It seems to me that Michael Crichton described something pretty
damn similar to this in his book "The Andromeda Strain".

(The movie didn't make it as clear. Oh, and we don't talk
about the 2008 tv movie remake in mixed company).