Posted to alt.home.repair

Default new thermometer

I broke the oral thermometer I'd had for 52 years and I bought a new
"electronic" one. The mercury and alcohol ones seemed much thicker
than they used to be.

From the warnings:

Do not use thermometer in car. Designed use is for oral, rectal, and
armpit readings only.

Next line is a new topic. So apparently I can't put it in the tailpipe
of my car to measure exhaust temperature. Darn.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 04 Jul 2020 18:05:46 -0400, micky posted for all of us
to digest...

I broke the oral thermometer I'd had for 52 years and I bought a new
"electronic" one. The mercury and alcohol ones seemed much thicker
than they used to be.

From the warnings:

Do not use thermometer in car. Designed use is for oral, rectal, and
armpit readings only.

Next line is a new topic. So apparently I can't put it in the tailpipe
of my car to measure exhaust temperature. Darn.

Use it rectally first, then oral. Clean with armpit. What's the
difference between oral and rectal? The taste. There is
actually a difference between between temps as to where it's
used. IIRC +1 rectal and -1 for armpit.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/6/2020 4:13 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jul 2020 18:05:46 -0400, micky posted for all of us
to digest...

I broke the oral thermometer I'd had for 52 years and I bought a new
"electronic" one. The mercury and alcohol ones seemed much thicker
than they used to be.

From the warnings:

Do not use thermometer in car. Designed use is for oral, rectal, and
armpit readings only.

Next line is a new topic. So apparently I can't put it in the tailpipe
of my car to measure exhaust temperature. Darn.

Use it rectally first, then oral. Clean with armpit. What's the
difference between oral and rectal? The taste. There is
actually a difference between between temps as to where it's
used. IIRC +1 rectal and -1 for armpit.

Good suggestion. I hope he follows them.

new thermometer for 2 stage furnace patliz1 Home Repair 4 February 17th 05 02:01 AM
Is £25 cheap for a IR thermometer? Kalico UK diy 11 January 26th 04 06:41 AM
IR Thermometer David Hearn UK diy 3 December 16th 03 01:06 PM
Alternative to a radiator balancing thermometer mutley UK diy 1 November 18th 03 01:58 AM
where can I get a good-quality air thermometer? Hatch Beck UK diy 3 August 8th 03 12:55 AM