Posted to alt.home.repair

Default He wanted the bars open

On 6/28/2020 3:17 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles formulated on Sunday :
On 6/27/2020 9:07 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 20:55:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Makes you wonder why things were closed huh?

https://imgur.com/gallery/uRSMg3W
You know how they say*** :
* " You can't cure* stupid .* "
... apparently,* you can't quarantine it either !** :-)
** John T.

You can't hide from a virus.

Well, it isn't looking for you anyway.

Masks don't prevent anyone from catching it.

Perhaps not, but they cut down on the environmental contamination.

Perhaps not? I saw a woman with a mask made from flat buttons connected
at the corners of the button holes. Seriously? LOL So many designer
masks out now, and none of them will stop a virus getting into or out of
that individual.

I was offered a hospital grade mask once when I went into a grocery
store, and politely declined. I'd rather BREATH than to limit my supply
of oxygen and cause myself different breathing problems.

It's down right silly for healthy people to wear masks.

*Hand sanitizer and hand washing is a good way to keep away from
illnesses of all strains.

That won't stop it either.

I just like to wash off the crud I've been touching. I've always kept a
small container of it with me.

I haven't see anyone actually wear a mask properly.* It's more like a
piece of jewelry that gets adjusted like a pair of glasses.

Yes, and it's a damned shame such a prosperous country as ours couldn't
do better. Too damned many stupid people convincing other stupid people
to do incredibly stupid things.

Damned shame?? This is a free country and people are entitled to live
how they please. Just because someone doesn't comply to a silly edict,
doesn't make them stupid.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2020 9:07 PM, wrote:
[...]

You are right. But in this case, it makes them DANGEROUS to anyone near
them. And many places it makes them violators of the LAW.

Masks HELP slow this virus. It is very well documented. Your denials are
idiotic. If people were dropping like flies around you, you might think
differently. You live in an isolated area it seems. Lucky you in this case.

Things will change when a superspreader event happens near you.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/s...s-spreads.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2020 9:07 PM, wrote:
[...]

Why do you hold with great regard adherence to laws when it comes to the
dangers of spreading COVID-19, yet you hold complete disregard to
lawless behavior in CHAZ/CHOP Seattle as if the latter is "no big deal"
to *you*?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I can do something about the spread of covid.

Crime happens. If wearing a mask helps that, I guess I will wear one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles has brought this to us :
On 6/27/2020 9:07 PM, wrote:
[...]

Within limits.

Just because someone doesn't comply to a silly edict,
doesn't make them stupid.

Stupid *and* sociopathic,like you are.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Your response does not answer my question, but thanks anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2020 9:07 PM, wrote:
[...]

That's just your opinion
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I interpret it as he does not mind inner city people crime as it has no
effect on him.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2020 9:07 PM, wrote:
[...]

No ... it's called FREEDOM - something this country is SUPPOSED to be
all about, and it's antithetical to your sociopath comment.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2020 9:07 PM, wrote:
[...]

My opinion is just as valid as yours.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

It happens that Muggles formulated :
On 6/27/2020 9:07 PM, wrote:
[...]

No it isn't, and we are about nobody being above the law.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2020 9:07 PM, wrote:
[...]

Bull****!

If I torched a police car I'd be arrested, jailed and be forced to pay restitution.

The antifa-crats get away with it though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2020 9:07 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 20:55:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Makes you wonder why things were closed huh?

https://imgur.com/gallery/uRSMg3W
You know how they sayÂ*Â*Â* :
Â*Â* " You can't cureÂ* stupid .Â* "
... apparently,Â* you can't quarantine it either !Â*Â* :-)
Â*Â*Â* John T.

You can't hide from a virus.

Well, it isn't looking for you anyway.

Masks don't prevent anyone from catching it.

Perhaps not, but they cut down on the environmental contamination.

Perhaps not?Â* I saw a woman with a mask made from flat buttons connected
at the corners of the button holes. Seriously? LOL So many designer
masks out now, and none of them will stop a virus getting into or out of
that individual.

I was offered a hospital grade mask once when I went into a grocery
store, and politely declined.Â* I'd rather BREATH than to limit my supply
of oxygen and cause myself different breathing problems.

It's down right silly for healthy people to wear masks.

Â*Â*Hand sanitizer and hand washing is a good way to keep away from
illnesses of all strains.

That won't stop it either.

I just like to wash off the crud I've been touching.Â* I've always kept a
small container of it with me.

I haven't see anyone actually wear a mask properly.Â* It's more like a
piece of jewelry that gets adjusted like a pair of glasses.

Yes, and it's a damned shame such a prosperous country as ours couldn't
do better. Too damned many stupid people convincing other stupid people
to do incredibly stupid things.

Damned shame??Â* This is a free country and people are entitled to live
how they please.Â* Just because someone doesn't comply to a silly edict,
doesn't make them stupid.

You are right. But in this case, it makes them DANGEROUS to anyone near
them. And many places it makes them violators of the LAW.

Why do you hold with great regard adherence to laws when it comes to the
dangers of spreading COVID-19, yet you hold complete disregard to
lawless behavior in CHAZ/CHOP Seattle as if the latter is "no big deal"
to *you*?

I can't speak for Bob F, but here's my take on it:

CHAZ/CHOP Seattle hasn't killed more than 120,000 people.

You seem to think that property is more important than people.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

?o? has brought this to us :
wrote:

[...]

In practice, yes, but I was talking about the intent of the founding
fathers.

If I torched a police car I'd be arrested, jailed and be forced to pay
restitution.

The antifa-crats get away with it though.

They are not antifa-crats, they are anarchists and the Democrats are
allowing it to happen just like China is (or was) allowing it to happen
in HK. Time to bring the hammer down, there and here. You have a right
to peacful protest but not the right to lay seige to a city - or even
to a neighborhood.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2020 9:07 PM, wrote:
[...]

Not really, we are a country of LAWS.
Law in the state of Louisiana is based on French and Spanish civil law
Federal courts and 49 states use the legal system based on English
common law (see below), which has diverged somewhat since the
mid-nineteenth century in that they look to each other's cases for
guidance on issues of first impression and rarely, if ever, look at
contemporary cases on the same issue in the UK or the Commonwealth.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 12:42:22 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

This is a free country and people are entitled to live
how they please.

No, not really. Quite a lot of behaviors are restricted and you
tolerate it because either they are things you wouldn't do
anyway (like going nude in public) or that might affect
you adversely (like murder).

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2020 9:07 PM, wrote:
[...]

Your perception is incorrect.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2020 8:49 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/1/2020 12:03 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 6/30/2020 3:10 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles has brought this to us :
Damned shame??* This is a free country and people are entitled to live
how they please.

Within limits.

Just because someone doesn't comply to a silly edict,
doesn't make them stupid.

Stupid *and* sociopathic,like you are.

No ... it's called FREEDOM - something this country is SUPPOSED to be
all about, and it's antithetical to your sociopath comment.

Not really, we are a country of LAWS.

What laws require anyone to wear a mask?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2020 10:58 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/1/2020 8:49 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/1/2020 12:03 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 6/30/2020 3:10 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles has brought this to us :
Damned shame??* This is a free country and people are entitled to live
how they please.

Within limits.

Just because someone doesn't comply to a silly edict,
doesn't make them stupid.

Stupid *and* sociopathic,like you are.

No ... it's called FREEDOM - something this country is SUPPOSED to be
all about, and it's antithetical to your sociopath comment.

Not really, we are a country of LAWS.

What laws require anyone to wear a mask?

Some counties here require it in stores or gatherings. Subect to a fine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2020 7:14 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 12:42:22 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

This is a free country and people are entitled to live
how they please.

No, not really. Quite a lot of behaviors are restricted and you
tolerate it because either they are things you wouldn't do
anyway (like going nude in public) or that might affect
you adversely (like murder).

Or not wearing a mask in a public health emergency.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/01/2020 09:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/1/2020 10:58 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/1/2020 8:49 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/1/2020 12:03 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 6/30/2020 3:10 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles has brought this to us :
Damned shame?? This is a free country and people are entitled to
live
how they please.

Within limits.

Just because someone doesn't comply to a silly edict,
doesn't make them stupid.

Stupid *and* sociopathic,like you are.

No ... it's called FREEDOM - something this country is SUPPOSED to be
all about, and it's antithetical to your sociopath comment.

Not really, we are a country of LAWS.

What laws require anyone to wear a mask?

Some counties here require it in stores or gatherings. Subect to a fine.

By what authority? I'm being serious. Can a county mandate that gays
wear pink triangles on their clothing? Wouldn't want to contribute to
the AIDS epidemic, would we? Can a county say all women must wear a
burqa? It seems to me that laws are being invented or selectively
ignored with such frequency that we might as well **** can the 'rule of
law' stuff invented by old white men.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 07/01/2020 09:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/1/2020 10:58 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/1/2020 8:49 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/1/2020 12:03 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 6/30/2020 3:10 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles has brought this to us :
Damned shame?? This is a free country and people are entitled to
live
how they please.

Within limits.

Just because someone doesn't comply to a silly edict,
doesn't make them stupid.

Stupid *and* sociopathic,like you are.

No ... it's called FREEDOM - something this country is SUPPOSED to be
all about, and it's antithetical to your sociopath comment.

Not really, we are a country of LAWS.

What laws require anyone to wear a mask?

Some counties here require it in stores or gatherings. Subect to a fine.

By what authority?

Their Parliament in most cases.

I'm being serious. Can a county mandate that gays wear pink triangles on
their clothing?

Depends on their constitution.

Wouldn't want to contribute to
the AIDS epidemic, would we? Can a county say all women must wear a burqa?

Ataturk actually banned the wearing of them and the fez in Turkey.

Some have banned the wearing of the burka in public and schools etc.

It seems to me that laws are being invented or selectively ignored with
such frequency that we might as well **** can the 'rule of law' stuff
invented by old white men.

More fool you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 16:04:04 +1000, Joshua Snow, better known as cantankerous

"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/2/2020 12:31 AM, rbowman wrote:
[...]

Most are either town council or mayor executive order or emergency order.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...public-places/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/02/2020 12:04 AM, Joshua Snow wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
[...]

Considering everyone in the thread is from the US I doubt like hell
parliaments come into play. Counties is close to countries so your
confusion is understandable. Sort of.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/02/2020 07:36 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Yeah. Our unelected heath department is meeting to decide whether they
should make masks mandatory in the county. Our elected lib mayor is all
in favor, of course. We'll see how that goes. Up until now they've
decided not to risk half the county telling them to shove their masks up
their ass.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/2/2020 6:36 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

They have to, because the Repub Govs and Repub pres are incapable of
leading in a crisis.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman has brought this to us :
[...]

Without enforcement, there is no law. Too bad we cannot rely upon
people doing the right things for the right reasons.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/02/2020 02:02 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
[...]

It always comes back to who is holding the gun regardless of whether the
law has any relationship to right things or right reasons. The more
positive law a society has the further it is from any concept of the right.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2020 10:27 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/1/2020 10:58 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/1/2020 8:49 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/1/2020 12:03 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 6/30/2020 3:10 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles has brought this to us :
Damned shame??* This is a free country and people are entitled to
live
how they please.

Within limits.

Just because someone doesn't comply to a silly edict,
doesn't make them stupid.

Stupid *and* sociopathic,like you are.

No ... it's called FREEDOM - something this country is SUPPOSED to be
all about, and it's antithetical to your sociopath comment.

Not really, we are a country of LAWS.

What laws require anyone to wear a mask?

Some counties here require it in stores or gatherings.* Subect to a fine.

I've heard that, but there are also exceptions to the rule, as in, if
you can't breath with a mask on...

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/2/2020 3:02 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Without enforcement, there is no law. Too bad we cannot rely upon people
doing the right things for the right reasons.

How do you decide what the right things for the right reasons are going
to be?
--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles laid this down on his screen :
On 7/2/2020 3:02 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Without enforcement, there is no law. Too bad we cannot rely upon people
doing the right things for the right reasons.

How do you decide what the right things for the right reasons are going
to be?

Learning from past experiences, applying lessons learned to the future.
It involves thinking, so maybe not for you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/4/2020 10:25 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles laid this down on his screen :
On 7/2/2020 3:02 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Without enforcement, there is no law. Too bad we cannot rely upon people
doing the right things for the right reasons.

How do you decide what the right things for the right reasons are going
to be?

Learning from past experiences, applying lessons learned to the future.
It involves thinking, so maybe not for you.

Past experiences prove masks don't work.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/4/2020 9:03 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/4/2020 10:25 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles laid this down on his screen :
On 7/2/2020 3:02 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Without enforcement, there is no law. Too bad we cannot rely upon people
doing the right things for the right reasons.

How do you decide what the right things for the right reasons are going
to be?

Learning from past experiences, applying lessons learned to the future.
It involves thinking, so maybe not for you.

Past experiences prove masks don't work.

Ignorantly wrong.

Why do you suppose they wear them in the operating room? Because they
prevent infections.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/4/2020 11:20 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 7/4/2020 9:03 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/4/2020 10:25 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles laid this down on his screen :
On 7/2/2020 3:02 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Without enforcement, there is no law. Too bad we cannot rely upon
people
doing the right things for the right reasons.

How do you decide what the right things for the right reasons are going
to be?

Learning from past experiences, applying lessons learned to the future.
It involves thinking, so maybe not for you.

Past experiences prove masks don't work.

Ignorantly wrong.

People STILL catch the virus while wearing masks.
Past experience ^.

Why do you suppose they wear them in the operating room? Because they
prevent infections.

They wear medical grade masks, and include other measures, and yet,
Dr.'s have still caught the virus.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/04/2020 09:25 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles laid this down on his screen :
On 7/2/2020 3:02 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Without enforcement, there is no law. Too bad we cannot rely upon people
doing the right things for the right reasons.

How do you decide what the right things for the right reasons are going
to be?

Learning from past experiences, applying lessons learned to the future.
It involves thinking, so maybe not for you.

That's the problem, isn't it? My past experiences include the Asian flu,
Hong Kong flu, swine flu, bird flu, SARS, MERS, and so forth. No
lockdowns, no masks, no business closures and life went on.

Purely personal and anecdotal but from my observations the 'at risk'
cohort is the ones NOT wearing masks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/4/2020 9:23 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/4/2020 11:20 AM, Bob F wrote:
[...]

The reason they started wearing them in surgery was to prevent patients
from getting infections. They WORK!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/4/2020 10:51 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/04/2020 09:25 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles laid this down on his screen :
On 7/2/2020 3:02 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Without enforcement, there is no law. Too bad we cannot rely upon
people
doing the right things for the right reasons.

How do you decide what the right things for the right reasons are going
to be?

Learning from past experiences, applying lessons learned to the future.
It involves thinking, so maybe not for you.

That's the problem, isn't it? My past experiences include the Asian flu,
Hong Kong flu, swine flu, bird flu, SARS, MERS, and so forth. No
lockdowns, no masks, no business closures and life went on.

Purely personal and anecdotal but from my observations the 'at risk'
cohort is the ones NOT wearing masks.

Most Asian countries were masks in large numbers during infections.
Maybe that had something to do with China and S Korea quickly
controlling the disease.