Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is this mask effective?

On 6/30/2020 3:45 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

The 'self righteousness' idea is just a stupid idea to shame people into
doing something stupid like not wearing masks.

Erroneous conclusion.

It is NOT stupid to reject wearing masks.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

T explained :
T used his or her keyboard to write :
On 2020-06-29 01:41, wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 21:25:10 -0700, Bob F
wrote:

On 6/28/2020 7:26 PM, micky wrote:
The cashier at the supermarket wears a black mask with what
looks like
one of these on either side. Like the seashell from Shell
gas stations.
I had hoped it was decoration, but it looks like these
enough I think
it's just an "activated carbon filter".

https://www.amazon.com/Activated-Fil...tag=mozilla-20

Not only that, she talks low enough I've had to lean over
once to hear
what she says.Â* "The self-checkout scanners are not on. " I
knew that.
If they were on, that's where I'd be.

One comment:Â*Â* they are directional in that you can aim the
exhaust some
what. Mine are pointed down and back towards my shoulders.

But these valves are meant to make breathing out easier,
right? while
using the rest of the mask to filter the air that comes in,
right?Â* It
seems that vents like this defeat the so-called goal of
masks, to
protect the other people.

The valves make them useless for protecting others, so they
offer little
aid in reducing spreading.

Agree.
But if a bandana is consideredÂ* acceptableÂ* " to protect
others " ...
theseÂ* sports masksÂ* wouldn't be any worse.
Â*Â*Â* John T.

You would not cluster bomb others when you coughed.
So maybe slightly better.

I very much doubt that.

Only stands to reason.Â* What does not get through the mask
on it own, builds up on the mask.Â* Then when you cough or
sneeze, you blow what you would have blown out without the
mask plus everything that has built up on the mask gets
blown all over everyone else.Â* So the exhaust hole does
help the build up issue

Wrong again.

Translation: you don't have an argument to present.

Better no argument than idiocy like yours.

Translation: name calling means no argument to present.

LOL!

Translation: name calling and mocking means no
argument to present.

LOL!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 11:53:24 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 6/30/2020 3:45 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

The 'self righteousness' idea is just a stupid idea to shame people into
doing something stupid like not wearing masks.

Erroneous conclusion.

It is NOT stupid to reject wearing masks.

Fine. Which synonym for stupid would you prefer?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/30/2020 9:53 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 6/30/2020 3:45 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

The 'self righteousness' idea is just a stupid idea to shame people into
doing something stupid like not wearing masks.

Erroneous conclusion.

It is NOT stupid to reject wearing masks.

Yes, it is stupid to not wear masks. It is stupid to deny that.

Masks save lives.

https://www.maskssavelives.org/
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles used his or her keyboard to write :
On 6/30/2020 3:45 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

The 'self righteousness' idea is just a stupid idea to shame people into
doing something stupid like not wearing masks.

Erroneous conclusion.

It is NOT stupid to reject wearing masks.

Yes, it is, and people don't wear them just to feel 'self-righteous'
either. They do so because it is the right thing to do for society.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-06-29 15:18, Hawk wrote:

Yep,Â*switchÂ*itÂ*theÂ*otherÂ*way.

"if you have a mask with a valve, you are protecting yourself as well as
you would be if you wore a mask without a valve. Theres no difference
in personal protection according to anything published in the CDC or
elsewhere. But if you have a mask with a valve, youre not really
protecting those around you, which is at least half of the point of
wearingÂ*aÂ*cottonÂ*maskÂ*inÂ*theÂ*firstÂ*place.:

Hi Hawk,

Suspending the fact that these masks do not protect
against viruses for a moment, there is a brief period
of time when the value is open before it shuts that
air gets back in. I would not risk that in a lethal
NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) environment.

Have you found it a little hypercritical that these
Lefties only care about wearing an annoyance that is
for show only and DO NOT care about those who are
actually at risk? Cuomo is killing a lot of folks
in nursing homes (ya, masks really work) by forcing them
to take infected people. But the Lefties don't care.

If I were to speculate, and I know this is a mean
thing to say, but it occurs to me that the Lefties
finally got their beloved Death Panels.

Folks in the last stages of their lives (nursing
home occupants) are the most expensive on the system.
This way they get to kill a bunch of them off to
lower their cost and then blame the whole thing
on Trump. They blame everything else they do on Trump,
so what is one more thing.

ROFL. Another good one. I'm sure when Trump gets beaten two to one in
November, you'll be here telling us that was all because of a rigged election
too. I think the odds are rapidly increasing that Trump does not even make
it to November, instead dropping out to avoid the huge ass whooping that;s
coming. I much prefer the ass whooping method.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-06-29 15:18, Hawk wrote:

Yep, switch it the other way.

"if you have a mask with a valve, you are protecting yourself as well
as
you would be if you wore a mask without a valve. Theres no difference
in personal protection according to anything published in the CDC or
elsewhere. But if you have a mask with a valve, youre not really
protecting those around you, which is at least half of the point of
wearing a cotton mask in the first place.:

[...]

No chance of that, you watch.

you'll be here telling us that was all because of a rigged
election too. I think the odds are rapidly increasing that
Trump does not even make it to November, instead dropping
out to avoid the huge ass whooping that;s coming.

More fool you. Taint gunna happen.

I much prefer the ass whooping method.

You have always been completely irrelevant.
What you might or might not prefer in spades.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 06:21:52 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

T explained :
wrote:

[...]

You bored? I am. I am watching test backups. Sparring
with you is actually kind of fun. Loved one of the
studies you send me. It did explain why so many in
NY's nursing homes died with masks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-06-30 01:45, FromTheRafters wrote:
Erroneous conclusion. The probability of picking up the virus particles
increasesÂ*asÂ*theÂ*amountÂ*ofÂ*contaminationÂ*inc reases.

You are presuming it is a linear curve. It is not.
It goes up and them flattens out

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-06-30 09:53, Muggles wrote:
On 6/30/2020 3:45 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

The 'self righteousness' idea is just a stupid idea to shame people into
doing something stupid like not wearing masks.

Erroneous conclusion.

It is NOT stupid to reject wearing masks.

I think he means well. He just is not in for challenging
his conclusions.

Masks are useless. And since wearing one (touching your face, etc.)
puts you are at more risk, you go out infect and
infect others when you are asymptomatic
Posted to alt.home.repair

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-06-30 13:14, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles used his or her keyboard to write :
On 6/30/2020 3:45 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

The 'self righteousness' idea is just a stupid idea to shame people into
doing something stupid like not wearing masks.

Erroneous conclusion.

It is NOT stupid to reject wearing masks.

Yes, it is, and people don't wear them just to feel 'self-righteous'
either. They do so because it is the right thing to do for society.

Even when it is not the right thing to do for society?
Masks are for show only.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-06-30 09:53, Muggles wrote:
On 6/30/2020 3:45 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

The 'self righteousness' idea is just a stupid idea to shame people into
doing something stupid like not wearing masks.

Erroneous conclusion.

It is NOT stupid to reject wearing masks.

I think he means well.Â* He just is not in for challenging
his conclusions.

Masks are useless.Â* And since wearing one (touching your face, etc.)
puts you are at more risk, you go out infect and
infect others when you are asymptomatic

www.sciencedaily.com ۼ releases ۼ 2020/06
12 Jun 2020 - A study has found that not wearing a face mask
dramatically increases a person's chances of being infected by the
COVID-19 virus.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-06-30 13:14, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles used his or her keyboard to write :
On 6/30/2020 3:45 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

The 'self righteousness' idea is just a stupid idea to shame people
into
doing something stupid like not wearing masks.

Erroneous conclusion.

It is NOT stupid to reject wearing masks.

Yes, it is, and people don't wear them just to feel 'self-righteous'
either. They do so because it is the right thing to do for society.

Even when it is not the right thing to do for society?
Masks are for show only.

You seem to live in another world to the rest of us.

--
Bod

Posted to alt.home.repair

T formulated on Friday :
On 2020-06-30 01:45, FromTheRafters wrote:
Erroneous conclusion. The probability of picking up the virus particles
increases*as*the*amount*of*contamination*increases .

You are presuming it is a linear curve. It is not.
It goes up and them flattens out

No, I am not. I am not assuming any curve whatsoever, not even linear.

The probability is directly related to the amount of contamination with
all else being equal. More contamination means more infections.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-06-30 13:14, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles used his or her keyboard to write :
On 6/30/2020 3:45 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

The 'self righteousness' idea is just a stupid idea to shame people
into
doing something stupid like not wearing masks.

Erroneous conclusion.

It is NOT stupid to reject wearing masks.

Yes, it is, and people don't wear them just to feel 'self-righteous'
either. They do so because it is the right thing to do for society.

Even when it is not the right thing to do for society?
Masks are for show only.

yeah ..
--
Maggie

Whats the most cost effective AND time effective way to sell onunwanted tools and DiY materials......? Stephen[_22_] UK diy 21 September 10th 19 09:32 AM
causes of TV shadow mask damage CW Electronics Repair 7 August 24th 04 12:47 AM
Does The 3M Woodworking Dusk Mask Irritate Your Throat? x071907 Home Repair 2 April 4th 04 06:35 PM
Half mask filters CandT UK diy 0 February 16th 04 11:25 AM
Where to find dust mask? SteveB Home Repair 13 January 30th 04 04:06 AM