Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Why are stairlifts so slow?

On Fri, 12 Jun 2020 04:38:36 +0100, Xeno wrote:

On 12/6/20 1:27 pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/11/2020 9:42 PM, Xeno wrote:
On 12/6/20 7:11 am, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0l2fkwzjwdg98l@glass...
On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 03:58:37 +0100, Xeno
wrote:

On 9/6/20 2:55 am, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 22 May 2020 22:26:09 +0100, Sam E
wrote:

On 5/21/20 12:45 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

[snip]

Or maybe they realise that anyone with an incontence
problem would have something to **** in which isnt upstairs.

I consider it a bad idea to have a multi-level house without even
a half
bathroom on each level.

But if you bought the house when you were 20....

I am living in my 4th purchased item of real estate. A house purchased
in my 20s would not suit my current needs. I sell and buy as my needs
change through life.

I guess you're one of those who somehow managed to pay off the
mortgage of the 1st three.

You don't have to have paid off the mortgage to be able to change
houses, stupid.

True. We just put all our efforts into paying our mortgage(s) off asap.

Wow, I have to thank Mr. Rod for the laugh calling you stupid for paying
off your mortgage.

Rod is always a laugh and, a lot of the time, an embarrassment.

On my third house and, of course, no mortgage. My secont house started
at 15% and re-fi a couple of times. Can't say I've done everything
right over the years but I knew retirement would be much better with no
debt.

My thoughts precisely. Between owning a mortgage free house and a
superannuation pension, we live quite well.

The thought of renting into retirement was a real deterrent, as was a
mortgage into retirement. A couple we know, the husband into his early
70s, is still working because they have a $300k mortgage. Not an
enviable position at all and not one I would want to be in.

What bank leant him money at that age?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Crazy. i bet if he was a bit smarter he'd downsize and lower or even
eliminate that expense.

Maybe he prefers working to living in a tiny house?

I worked past retirement age because I wanted to but everything was
paid. I cut to four days, then three days, finally out. My job was
easy and as much a social event as it was work.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0l30tiltwdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

Easier said than done.

Yes.

Expenditure always exceeds income.

Mine never did, even early on.

Unless you have a magic wand or are really good at breaking into safes,
you'll always be in debt.

I havent been for more than 30 years and with the
last of it, the interest on the land purchase was much
lower than I was getting from the bank, let alone what
I was making on the stock market.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0l30wbwxwdg98l@glass...
On Fri, 12 Jun 2020 10:28:17 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Xeno" wrote in message
On 12/6/20 1:33 pm, Rod Speed wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I didn't, I called the PHucker stupid for being so pig ignorant,
stupid.

You, Rod, are the pig ignorant one.

We'll see...

*You* introduced the topic of selling houses before paying off mortgages

Everyone can see that the phucker did that, ****wit.

hence it is your *skew factor*, not mine.

Never said it was yours, ****wit.

The PHucker is the psychopath currently
posting as Commander Kinsey, ****wit.

That's his real name, Peter Hucker, ****wit.

reams of your even more pig ignorant **** flushed where it belongs

I think he's got dementia

Nope, just stupidly assumed that when I referred
to the PHucker that I was talking about him.

and is confused if there's more than two people in a conversation.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0l30xlfdwdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

All of ours do and they mostly will lend you money on
your fully paid off house with them getting a percentage
of the value of the house when you die too.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0l30x5mxwdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

It isnt a tiny house, just not big enough for a full family of kids etc.

I worked past retirement age because I wanted to but everything was
paid. I cut to four days, then three days, finally out. My job was
easy and as much a social event as it was work.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default The Two Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again!

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 04:11:10 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rodent Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rodent: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rodent: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rodent Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rodent Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 04:13:11 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between the two resident idiots:

Birdbrain: "But imagine how cool it was to own slaves."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, right. Feed them, clothe them, and fix them when
they're broken.
After all, you paid good money for them. Then you've got to keep an eye
on them all the time."

Birdbrain: "Better than having to give them wages on top of that."

Senile Rodent: "Specially when they make more slaves for you
and produce their own food and clothes."

MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 04:09:01 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and Senile Rodent:

Senile Rodent: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Funny how there are more people in debt than rich snobs like you.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 00:46:19 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0lylycf1wdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 23:33:22 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0lwxoddqwdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 22:08:45 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

The other two things that annoy me are "next wednesday" and 6/8/2020.
Both can apparently be ambiguous, but I always use the logical one.

I almost always use "next Wednesday" fro the next day (after today)

Then you're just plain wrong.

Nope.

Days are gathered together in weeks.

Irrelevant to which is the next wednesday.

See the next line

There is no next line.

It begins "and" and ends "ent."

and stop being impatient.

Go and **** yourself, again.

You're just jealous you don't have the stamina to do it again.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0l33zby5wdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

Irrelevant to your stupid claim that expenditure always exceeds income.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 07:54:09 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
TYPICAL retarded "conversation" between sociopath Rodent and sociopath
Birdbrain from August 26th 2018:

Birdbrain: "I have one head but 5 fingers."

Senile Rodent: "Obvious lie. You hairy legged cross dressers are so inbred
that you all have two heads."

Birdbrain: "You're the one that likes hairy legs remember?"

Senile Rodent: "The problem isnt the hairy legs, it's the gross inbreeding
that
produces two headed unemployables like you."

Birdbrain: "So why did you mention hairy legs?"

Senile Rodent: "Because that's what those who arent actually stupid enough
to shave their legs have."

Birdbrain: "You only have hairy legs if both of the following are true:
1) You're quite far back on the evolutionary scale.
2) You haven't learned what a razor is for."

Senile Rodent: "Only a terminal ****wit or a woman shaves their legs."

Birdbrain: "There is literally zero point in having hair all over your
body."

Senile Rodent: "There is even less point in wasting your time changing what
you are born with."

MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Easier said than done.* Expenditure always exceeds income.* Unless you
have a magic wand or are really good at breaking into safes, you'll
always be in debt.

Only if you spend way too much and/or have a poorly paid job.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I think he's got dementia and is confused if there's more than two
people in a conversation.

I'm sure of it.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

He's had the loan for many years, with a redraw facility, and he keeps
redrawing on it. That's why you need to be careful with those types of loan.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

The couple in question have quite a large house - 4 bedrooms. Standard
block and the house takes up most of it.

I worked past retirement age because I wanted to but everything was
paid.* I cut to four days, then three days, finally out.* My job was
easy and as much a social event as it was work.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Exactly. Anyone consistently going into greater debt has no clue how to
live within their means. I know a couple of people with rather modest
incomes but not only get by, but have a cushion in the bank.

I've also known people with very good incomes with troubles. I know a
guy some years back making about 100K had a nice new house, boat, and a
new BMW and the car finance called him most every month about the late
payment.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Yes, quite easy to do - live up to your income - and beyond. Back when I
was in the mining industry, and single, I was on huge incomes and spent
the lot. Necessary to live it up a little when you're working in remote
locations as I was. It was only when I worked OS that I began to save
some money and, a little later when I decided to get married, I was back
to square one in a new career at 28 on *start out pay rates*. Every week
my pay was pre-allocated. After 10 years into my new career, I was
moving up the pay scales and actually getting ahead, paid the house off
early, bought new cars again and still managed to save money. Still
doing that even though I am long retired, our two cars were both
purchased new 4 years ago. My wife goes OS to visit family every 2nd year.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile Australian ASSHOLE Alert!

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 08:54:54 +1000, Beno, another brainless, troll-feeding,
senile Australian idiot, blathered:

I'm sure of it.

I'm sure by now that you won't ever be able to resist the Scottish ******'s
cock, whenever he shows up to bait you, senile Beno! LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 08:56:11 +1000, Beno, another brainless, troll-feeding,
senile Australian idiot, blathered:

He's had the loan for many years, with a redraw facility, and he keeps
redrawing on it. That's why you need to be careful with those types of loan.

What has this **** got to do with ahr or uk.d-i-y, you blithering senile
idiot?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Jun 2020 08:54:31 +1000, Beno, another brainless, troll-feeding,
senile Australian idiot, blathered:

Easier said than done.* Expenditure always exceeds income.* Unless you
have a magic wand or are really good at breaking into safes, you'll
always be in debt.

Only if you spend way too much and/or have a poorly paid job.

Really no bait set out by the Scottish ****** that is idiotic enough that
YOU will NOT take it, you senile idiot! tsk
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Exactly. Anyone consistently going into greater debt has no clue how to
live within their means. I know a couple of people with rather modest
incomes but not only get by, but have a cushion in the bank.

That's me. I learned long ago to live within my means. No debt
here. I get teased for being cheap occasionally. It's not
being cheap, it's survival and knowing what you can afford.
No worries here and no envy of people that have more toys
than I do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You, Rod, are the pig ignorant one. *You* introduced the topic of
selling houses before paying off mortgages hence it is your *skew
factor*, not mine. I am aware of that ability but it was *not relevant*
to my response or the poster to whom I was replying. I was merely
responding to an assumption, correct though it surely was, by another
poster. *You* came barging in acting like a dick, as you often do.

On my third house and, of course, no mortgage.* My secont house
started at 15% and re-fi a couple of times.* Can't say I've done
everything right over the years but I knew retirement would be much
better with no debt.

A LOT of prople switch houses numerous times without ever paying off a
mortgage - moving up, moving sideways, or moving down. It was an
advantage for the folks selling our house when we bought - it had a
transferable mortgage at 6 1/4% when the going rate was 20-22%. We
still had a mortgage on the house we moved out of too, but the equity
in house#1 allowed us to pretty much pay cash to the existing
mortgage. We payed off that mortgage before buying a gallon of paint
to do any redecorating.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I don't see the point. You pick a house you like, then upgrade if and when you can afford it. That would only be once you've paid off your mortgage entirely, otherwise you're just getting deeper into debt.

- moving up, moving sideways, or moving down.

DOWN!? Intolerable to move to a smaller space.

It was an
advantage for the folks selling our house when we bought - it had a
transferable mortgage at 6 1/4% when the going rate was 20-22%.

Wow! When was it that high? I thought mortgages had always been 3-6%.

We still had a mortgage on the house we moved out of too, but the equity
in house#1 allowed us to pretty much pay cash to the existing
mortgage. We payed off that mortgage before buying a gallon of paint
to do any redecorating.

So you bought a house worth less than your old one?!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I've managed to get away with spending a little too much once in a
while, while never earning a LOT and I've managed to "retire" debt
free. Never broke into any safes either. I learned after spending way
too much on a new vehicle ONCE when I was about 23 and have not owned
a new vehicle since. Spent a thousand too much on the odd used car
since, but have saved 10s of thousands by repairing them myself and
keeping them on the road for years, or even decades.

Time to go out and start my 50 year old power mower to mow the grass
on my mortgage free 1/3 acre lot anf then do a bit more work on my 24
year old pickup truck getting ready to have the new box repainted to
match so I can hopefully get another 8 or 10 years out of it.

Then relax with my first wife - one of the best "deals" I ever made -
- -
Posted to alt.home.repair

newsp.0l5u6eyfwdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

Yep, you actually are that stupid.

You pick a house you like, then upgrade if and when you can afford it.

Plenty cant afford the house they would like initially
and it's a lot simpler to sell the original house and
buy another better one when you can afford to do
that than to upgrade.

And upgrade doesn't work when you change
where you are working significantly. Not
everyone is completely unemployable like you.

That would only be once you've paid off your mortgage entirely,

Doesn't need to be. It can make sense to redraw
on the mortgage to pay for the upgrade.

otherwise you're just getting deeper into debt.

Nope, back to the same level of debt as initially
with the house of much higher value.

- moving up, moving sideways, or moving down.

DOWN!? Intolerable to move to a smaller space.

Not when you have a big house that works well for
the big family and the kids move out and you don't
need the big house anymore and its much more
convenient to have a smaller house looking after wise.

My dad downsized to a retirement village, still in a
very decent sized flat with two bedrooms and a very
decent living room and balcony, ground floor, very
well designed so you never saw or heard the neighbours
if you didn't want to, with full licensed restaurant on site
which delivered meals to your apartment using golf buggys.
Full medical facilitys on site and a full care home on site too.

Quite a few of my mates have done that with the local one too.

Others downsize to somewhere where there arent
a lot of jobs but better living conditions and weather
etc once they no longer need to work etc too.

It was an advantage for the folks selling our house when we bought - it
had a transferable mortgage at 6 1/4% when the going rate was 20-22%.

Wow! When was it that high?

Ours was even higher in the late 80s

I thought mortgages had always been 3-6%.

Yes, you are that pig ignorant.

We still had a mortgage on the house we moved out of too, but the equity
in house#1 allowed us to pretty much pay cash to the existing mortgage.
We payed off that mortgage before buying a gallon of paint to do any
redecorating.

So you bought a house worth less than your old one?!

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Again with assuming "always" means 100% of the time. Your OCD is showing again, pull up your fly.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0l58c2yewdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

That's not an assumption, it's a fact, ****wit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

On my third house and, of course, no mortgage.Â* My secont house
started at 15% and re-fi a couple of times.Â* Can't say I've done
everything right over the years but I knew retirement would be much
better with no debt.

A LOT of prople switch houses numerous times without ever paying off a
mortgage - moving up, moving sideways, or moving down. It was an
advantage for the folks selling our house when we bought - it had a
transferable mortgage at 6 1/4% when the going rate was 20-22%. We
still had a mortgage on the house we moved out of too, but the equity
in house#1 allowed us to pretty much pay cash to the existing
mortgage. We payed off that mortgage before buying a gallon of paint
to do any redecorating.

Don't think any mortgages here are transferable. Not that I ever needed
to do that.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Needs and circumstances change at will and rarely when you have paid off
the mortgage.

- moving up, moving sideways, or moving down.

DOWN!?* Intolerable to move to a smaller space.

Retirees and empty nesters do it all the time. I went slightly
differently, smaller block of land, larger house.

It was an
advantage for the folks selling our house when we bought - it had a
transferable mortgage at 6 1/4% when the going rate was 20-22%.

Wow!* When was it that high?* I thought mortgages had always been 3-6%.

We still had a mortgage on the house we moved out of too, but the equity
in house#1 allowed us to pretty much pay cash to the existing
mortgage. We payed off that mortgage before buying a gallon of paint
to do any redecorating.

So you bought a house worth less than your old one?!

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That last isnt true of downsizing, its very common
to have paid off the mortgage in that situation.

- moving up, moving sideways, or moving down.

DOWN!? Intolerable to move to a smaller space.

Retirees and empty nesters do it all the time. I went slightly
differently, smaller block of land, larger house.

It was an advantage for the folks selling our house when we bought - it
had a transferable mortgage at 6 1/4% when the going rate was 20-22%.

Wow! When was it that high? I thought mortgages had always been 3-6%.

We still had a mortgage on the house we moved out of too, but the equity
in house#1 allowed us to pretty much pay cash to the existing
mortgage. We payed off that mortgage before buying a gallon of paint
to do any redecorating.

So you bought a house worth less than your old one?!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

If you care to take a look, I was responding to a point regarding
*upgrading* a house. Most couples, when they start having kids, find the
house/apartment they started out with is no longer suited to the task of
a growing family. Rarely will these couples have paid off their mortgage.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Only the ones too stupid to allow for the future family.

Rarely will these couples have paid off their mortgage.

- moving up, moving sideways, or moving down.

DOWN!? Intolerable to move to a smaller space.

Retirees and empty nesters do it all the time. I went slightly
differently, smaller block of land, larger house.

It was an advantage for the folks selling our house when we bought -
it had a transferable mortgage at 6 1/4% when the going rate was
20-22%.

Wow! When was it that high? I thought mortgages had always been 3-6%.

We still had a mortgage on the house we moved out of too, but the
equity
in house#1 allowed us to pretty much pay cash to the existing
mortgage. We payed off that mortgage before buying a gallon of paint
to do any redecorating.

So you bought a house worth less than your old one?!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 12:09:30 +1000, Beno, another brainless, troll-feeding,
senile Australian idiot, blathered:

Needs and circumstances change at will

No ****, you idiotic troll-feeding senile bull**** artist!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TWO Brain Dead Australian Bull**** Artists Together! LOL

On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 13:29:27 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard about senile Rodent:
"Rod Speed, a bare faced pig and ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Jun 2020 16:34:22 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Here some are, some are not. If you feel you MAY want to sell before
the mortgage maturity, having a transferrable or an open mortgage can
be an advantage

What mostly makes a small engine "wheeze" fast & slow, fast & slow, fast & slow? ultred ragnusen Home Repair 32 February 26th 18 07:29 PM
Fourteen stairlifts replace lift at Paisley tower block Part Timer UK diy 31 September 4th 11 12:42 PM
Slow, slow, slow charlieb Woodturning 5 October 14th 09 04:43 PM
Residential Stairlifts TroutFisher Home Repair 9 July 8th 07 05:34 PM
Residential Stairlifts TroutFisherMan Home Ownership 0 July 7th 07 03:53 PM