Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Why are stairlifts so slow?

On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 22:40:06 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0lwvnbf1wdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 21:47:14 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0lwrwtpywdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 20:15:19 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0lwbk2dvwdg98l@glass...
On Thu, 21 May 2020 18:45:28 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"slate_leeper" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 May 2020 07:43:22 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

Actually this question has come up before. The reason I was given
many
years
ago now, was inertia. IE if it went up fast, it would jolt at the
start
and
end of the run. And if you made it slow down and speed up, then it
would
probably still take a long time as the distance travelled in the
main
is a
short one, and people are heavy loads to move.
I guess one could make a three point seat belt system but by the
time
you
have done it up and undone it, you might as well have been going
slower
anyway!
On the other hand, a commode mounted on a Chairlift might be a good
product
to make. grin.
Brian

I imagine economics comes into play also. I small motor geared down
is
cheaper than a larger, more powerful motor.

And are almost certainly designed by those who don't have
an incontinence problem and who don't realise the problem
that slow stair lifts can be for those who are incontinent.

Or maybe they realise that anyone with an incontence
problem would have something to **** in which isnt upstairs.

It's not just toilets. Imagine you're an infirm person upstairs. The
doorbell rings. You take quite a few minutes to get there, by which
time
they've left. Now you've missed your parcel and are expected to go
collect it from the post office.

Anyone with even half a clue in that situation would have a
smart doorbell which allows you to talk to the person who
has pressed the doorbell or knocked on the door using
your phone. And that works when you are in the garden
etc too and when you arent even home and need to tell\
them where to leave it so it doesn't get stolen etc.

There are plenty old folk who don't even have a mobile phone,

No reason why they cant get one when they need to do something
like that when they are no longer as mobile as they used to be.

Not everyone loves technology like you.

But those with a clue who find that the stairlift is too slow
when they are upstairs and someone rings the doorbell
may well find it useful when someone suggests it.

They shouldn't have to if the stairlift worked correctly. Old folk do not like messing around with technology.

When they get old they can't be bothered with all that ****.

That's bull****. When my dad's second wife ended up with
severe emphysema, he got one of the first big multi box
mobile phones in the car so she could call him if she had
a problem when he was out and about in the car.

Then after she had died, and he had moved into a big
retirement village, he got a small modern mobile phone
so he could call someone if he had a fall when out walking.

And that village had a full licensed on site restaurant which
had specials for the residents that they delivered in golf carts.
When I showed up after he had stormed out of the hospital
after a fall, there was a massive stack of the orders he had
done most weeks for those specials. He filled out the order
on his mac, printed it out and faxed it to the restaurant.
That was when he was in his 80s

There are exceptions. But I know plenty of old folk who use nothing more complicated than a TV and a landline phone.

let alone a smartphone, or know how to do fancy **** like that.

Trivial to learn how to with the best designs. It
rings like a phone call with a different ring tone.

And then you have to have it with you.

Just a lot close than downstairs, stupid.

Please reword in correct order.

My next door neighbour doesn't even have an internet connection!

Don't need one for that.

Not my point. I was stating that they don't want modern technology.

Plenty of them do. My back neighbour who I used to provide
free internet for has just added her own broadband and she
is in her 70s, So have all the older garage salers.

They can't even tune their TV FFS.

Sure, buy that's a different issue to having a mobile or internet,

Same problem, not understanding technology.

The best of them like the arlos even work out if its a
delivery monkey or just a jovey and ignores the joveys.

Then you don't have the fun of telling them to **** off.

You are free to do that without having to fart around with the stairlift.

More fun face to face while wielding a crowbar.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 09/06/2020 14:45, Commander Kinsey wrote:

newsp.0lwyd1ydwdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

This is the sort of old guy I'm thinking of:
https://youtu.be/Td0skzGlBU4?t=11

Plenty manage it fine now with the new smart speakers.

And siri has been full time now for a long tine, no need to press the
home
button.

Oh my god, my neighbour has a landline phone with three handsets which
connect by radio.* The problem with technology is the ****wits that
design it.* These things have FOUR volume controls.* He came round
asking if I could sort one of them that was way too quiet to hear the
other person speaking.* I found an amplify button on the side, a volume
control on the front which controls ringer volume or speech volume
depending if your on a call, those two repeated again in a menu, and
another hidden one I found by mistake (after going to the trouble of
taking it apart to check for loose solder connections to the speaker) -
apparently pressing the green "pick up" button again makes it louder.
Why have 4 controls to do the same ****ing thing?!

because it is DIGITAL and they could .....

https://www.avg.com

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 17:09:05 +0100, Dim GM4DHJ ... the brain dead,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered again:

Why have 4 controls to do the same ****ing thing?!

because it is DIGITAL and they could .....

Nope, troll-feeding senile asshole: because he's a ****ing stupid troll and
can bait you with any bull**** that crosses his subnormal "mind"! tsk
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Commander Kinsey wrote

Oh my god, my neighbour has a landline phone with
three handsets which connect by radio. The problem
with technology is the ****wits that design it. These
things have FOUR volume controls. He came round
asking if I could sort one of them that was way too
quiet to hear the other person speaking. I found an
amplify button on the side, a volume control on the
front which controls ringer volume or speech volume
depending if your on a call, those two repeated again
in a menu, and another hidden one I found by mistake
(after going to the trouble of taking it apart to check for
loose solder connections to the speaker) - apparently
pressing the green "pick up" button again makes it louder.
Why have 4 controls to do the same ****ing thing?!

Because in many situations you want go control the
ringer volume and the speech volume separately
and it makes sense to be able to change the volume
with a button while talking and also be able to do
it by menu when you are configuring other stuff
by menu that doesn't have a separate button for
it because there is only room for so many buttons,
when setting up the phone initially.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0lybpxhrwdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

Its always going to be much more convenient to pick
up the phone and talk to the person who has knocked
on the door or see who it is and decide if its worth
talking to them than to use even the fastest stair lift.

And that works just as well when you are in the garden or
away shopping and no stairlift will help with either of those.

Old folk do not like messing around with technology.

That's bull****. ALL of the ones I know except one have
a mobile phone now and the one that doesn't's wife
has both a mobile phone and a computer as well.

[...]

And the exception is the ONE old person I know who DOESN'T
have a mobile phone. His wife does tho, and a computer.

But I know plenty of old folk who use nothing more complicated than a TV
and a landline phone.

Both are still technology, stupid. And so is the stairlift.

let alone a smartphone, or know how to do fancy **** like that.

Trivial to learn how to with the best designs. It
rings like a phone call with a different ring tone.

And then you have to have it with you.

Just a lot closer than downstairs, stupid.

Please reword in correct order.

That is the correct order.

My next door neighbour doesn't even have an internet connection!

Don't need one for that.

Not my point. I was stating that they don't want modern technology.

Plenty of them do. My back neighbour who I used to provide
free internet for has just added her own broadband and she
is in her 70s, So have all the older garage salers.

And she has had a mobile phone for many
years, and a decent smartphone too and
its not the first one she has had either.

And a satellite TV service too.

They can't even tune their TV FFS.

Sure, buy that's a different issue to having a mobile or internet,

Same problem, not understanding technology.

That's different, they don't need to do that often
enough to remember how to do it and its easier
to ask me or you to do it for them.

The best of them like the arlos even work out if its a
delivery monkey or just a jovey and ignores the joveys.

Then you don't have the fun of telling them to **** off.

You are free to do that without having to fart around with the stairlift.

More fun face to face while wielding a crowbar.

Hardly any of them are psychopaths like you.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:28 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 03:28:58 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

03:28??? ROTFLOL Is it that time of the night again, you abnormal
86-year-old trolling senile asshole?

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default The Two Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again!

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 03:48:59 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rodent Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rodent: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rodent: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rodent Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rodent Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 23:33:22 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0lwxoddqwdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 22:08:45 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

The other two things that annoy me are "next wednesday" and 6/8/2020.
Both can apparently be ambiguous, but I always use the logical one.

I almost always use "next Wednesday" fro the next day (after today)

Then you're just plain wrong.

Nope.

Yip.

Days are gathered together in weeks.

Irrelevant which is the next wednesday.

See the next line and stop being impatient. Why are you so utterly moronic that you ask what I answered in the next line.

Try again, the rest of your drivel "flushed where it belongs".
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 00:04:04 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 08/06/2020 22:11, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 6/8/20 11:32 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

[snip]

I never did understand why people would build a house with all the
bedrooms upstairs. Fine maybe for the younger, but not the older.

Because the bedrooms are the least accessed room. Makes sense to put
kitchen, lounge, bathroom downstairs to reduce the number of times you
go up and down the stairs.

You need bathrooms on both levels.

There's something to be said for outdoor privies.

Not in winter there isnt.

There is no winter in Australia.

And chamber pots in the bedrooms.

Makes more sense to **** in a bucket.

Ugh!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 02:44:25 +0100, Xeno wrote:

On 9/6/20 12:24 am, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 15:19:12 +0100, Xeno wrote:

On 8/6/20 11:55 pm, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2020 19:05:23 +0100, Thomas wrote:

It is all about the gearing to be able to get your fat heavy ass up
there.
Shift you car to 4th from a stop and see how far you go.

A motor is not like an engine, it has more power when slower, and
wouldn't have a problem getting it going.

Electric motors have 100% torque at stall.

I am pleased to see that you at least know the difference between a
motor and an engine. There is hope for you yet.

I also know that a lot are designed so badly that if they stall for more
than a couple of seconds, they burn out. This includes an £80 strimmer

Motors are designed to *rotate*. Stalling them for any length of time is
never a good idea.

Then they should have a cutout fitted or they aren't fit for purpose. My bench saw for example, if it jams on the workpiece, has a clutch which slips.

I bought (so not cheap ****). I just sent it back and got it replaced,
happy in the knowledge that either the shop or the manufacturer was out
of pocket.

Sounds like your example was *abuse*.

No, it got jammed. Likely with a strimmer funnily enough.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 06:48:22 +0100, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 11:44:25 +1000, Xeno
wrote:

On 9/6/20 12:24 am, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 15:19:12 +0100, Xeno wrote:

On 8/6/20 11:55 pm, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2020 19:05:23 +0100, Thomas wrote:

It is all about the gearing to be able to get your fat heavy ass up
there.
Shift you car to 4th from a stop and see how far you go.

A motor is not like an engine, it has more power when slower, and
wouldn't have a problem getting it going.

Electric motors have 100% torque at stall.

Not induction motors. or even shunt or mermanent magnet motors.
Series wound DC or universal brush motors do -Max torque at minimum
RPM, minimum torque at max RPM - all due to a phenomenon called
"counter EMF". MOST chairlifts today use a permanent magnet DC motor
which still has reasonable starting torque - but overloading a
permanent magnet motor can actually demagnetize the permanent magnet
to a fegree. Not as seriopus a problrm with newer rare earth magnets
as it was with alnico.

I am pleased to see that you at least know the difference between a
motor and an engine. There is hope for you yet.

I also know that a lot are designed so badly that if they stall for more
than a couple of seconds, they burn out. This includes an £80 strimmer

Motors are designed to *rotate*. Stalling them for any length of time is
never a good idea.

I bought (so not cheap ****). I just sent it back and got it replaced,
happy in the knowledge that either the shop or the manufacturer was out
of pocket.

Sounds like your example was *abuse*.

ANY use of ANYTHING by Com Kinzie is abuse

WHAT is YOUR problem WITH capitals? And don't try blaming yahoo groups like you usually do.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

...... make it impossible to use.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 18:28:58 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

Oh my god, my neighbour has a landline phone with
three handsets which connect by radio. The problem
with technology is the ****wits that design it. These
things have FOUR volume controls. He came round
asking if I could sort one of them that was way too
quiet to hear the other person speaking. I found an
amplify button on the side, a volume control on the
front which controls ringer volume or speech volume
depending if your on a call, those two repeated again
in a menu, and another hidden one I found by mistake
(after going to the trouble of taking it apart to check for
loose solder connections to the speaker) - apparently
pressing the green "pick up" button again makes it louder.
Why have 4 controls to do the same ****ing thing?!

Because in many situations you want go control the
ringer volume and the speech volume separately

Fair enough, but why the other two? I said four. There's "amplify", "ringer volume", "speech volume", and an unlabelled one on the "pick up" button.

and it makes sense to be able to change the volume
with a button while talking and also be able to do
it by menu when you are configuring other stuff
by menu that doesn't have a separate button for
it because there is only room for so many buttons,
when setting up the phone initially.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0lwxrmlhwdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 22:11:11 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 6/8/20 11:32 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

[snip]

I never did understand why people would build a house with all the
bedrooms upstairs. Fine maybe for the younger, but not the older.

Because the bedrooms are the least accessed room. Makes sense to put
kitchen, lounge, bathroom downstairs to reduce the number of times you
go up and down the stairs.

You need bathrooms on both levels.

Only when you're old.

Nope, its much more convenient when you arent old too.

Not for me. Running up and down stairs is no different to going along a hall.

The only multistory house I lived in for long had full bathrooms
on both levels and bedrooms on both levels too, the master bedroom
on the top level. Full kitchens and main rooms on both levels too.

More than one kitchen. WTF? Didn't that cause more problems, like keeping double the amount of food fresh?

Corse it wasn't a pokey little terrace house like so many of you lot have.

I agree those should never be built. Every house should be detached. If there's no room for more houses, then stop having kids! Condoms aren't that expensive FFS.

I was born in a house with the bathroom only upstairs. Never found it a
problem walking or running up the stairs to use it.

But much more convenient to have one on each level.

The only problem was sharing one bathroom between 4!

And the same with dunnys.

That's what I was referring to, but without using the lower class criminal Aussie language.

If someone was having a shower, you could be tightening your muscles for a
while.

And with a bath even longer.

********. You can have either for as long as you want.

Especially annoying when you need to go in the middle of the night,
usually woken up by someone having a shower, then having to stay awake
until they've finished.

Never had that in any house with just one bathroom.

Why not? Heavy sleeper? Cast iron bladder?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0lylycf1wdg98l@glass...
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0lwxoddqwdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 22:08:45 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

The other two things that annoy me are "next wednesday" and 6/8/2020.
Both can apparently be ambiguous, but I always use the logical one.

I almost always use "next Wednesday" fro the next day (after today)

Then you're just plain wrong.

Nope.

Days are gathered together in weeks.

Irrelevant to which is the next wednesday.

See the next line

There is no next line.

and stop being impatient.

Go and **** yourself, again.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0lyly0ptwdg98l@glass...
wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 08/06/2020 22:11, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 6/8/20 11:32 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

[snip]

I never did understand why people would build a house with all the
bedrooms upstairs. Fine maybe for the younger, but not the older.

Because the bedrooms are the least accessed room. Makes sense to put
kitchen, lounge, bathroom downstairs to reduce the number of times you
go up and down the stairs.

You need bathrooms on both levels.

There's something to be said for outdoor privies.

Not in winter there isnt.

There is no winter in Australia.

Wrong, as always, In fact we have much
better and bigger ski fields than you lot do.

And chamber pots in the bedrooms.

Makes more sense to **** in a bucket.

Ugh!

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it, ugly.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0lyl3nuiwdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

..... make it impossible to use.

Only for terminal ****wits like you.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0lyl5r11wdg98l@glass...
On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 18:28:58 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

[...]

Read the ****ing manual, stupid. Bet the first one
is for the volume when playing music, podcasts
and video. The next two are obvious.

and it makes sense to be able to change the volume
with a button while talking and also be able to do
it by menu when you are configuring other stuff
by menu that doesn't have a separate button for
it because there is only room for so many buttons,
when setting up the phone initially.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0lyu7ixawdg98l@glass...
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0lwxrmlhwdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 22:11:11 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 6/8/20 11:32 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

[snip]

I never did understand why people would build a house with all the
bedrooms upstairs. Fine maybe for the younger, but not the older.

Because the bedrooms are the least accessed room. Makes sense to put
kitchen, lounge, bathroom downstairs to reduce the number of times you
go up and down the stairs.

You need bathrooms on both levels.

Only when you're old.

Nope, its much more convenient when you arent old too.

Not for me.

Yep, you actually are that terminal a ****wit.

Running up and down stairs is no different to going along a hall.

Both are less convenient than picking up the phone.

The only multistory house I lived in for long had full bathrooms
on both levels and bedrooms on both levels too, the master bedroom
on the top level. Full kitchens and main rooms on both levels too.

More than one kitchen. WTF?

We arent all desperate povs like you lot.

Didn't that cause more problems,

Nope. One was used for most meals except breakfast.

like keeping double the amount of food fresh?

Nope, we got real radical and had these things called fridges.

Corse it wasn't a pokey little terrace house like so many of you lot
have.

I agree those should never be built. Every house should be detached. If
there's no room for more houses, then stop having kids!

Too late for that now in that soggy little frigid island.

Condoms aren't that expensive FFS.

But make ****ing much worse.

I was born in a house with the bathroom only upstairs. Never found it a
problem walking or running up the stairs to use it.

But much more convenient to have one on each level.

The only problem was sharing one bathroom between 4!

And the same with dunnys.

That's what I was referring to

Pity about most being in a bath or shower much longer.

If someone was having a shower, you could be tightening your muscles for
a while.

And with a bath even longer.

********.

Fact.

You can have either for as long as you want.

But you have no control over the individual using it, stupid.

Especially annoying when you need to go in the middle of the night,
usually woken up by someone having a shower, then having to stay awake
until they've finished.

Never had that in any house with just one bathroom.

Why not? Heavy sleeper?

Nope.

Cast iron bladder?

Nope. Even now I don't need to get up in the night to ****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 7:32:52 PM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why are stairlifts so slow? A whole minute to get upstairs is not acceptable for an old person desperate for the toilet.

Stairlifts are not race cars.

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/9/2020 10:08 PM, Andy wrote:
On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 7:32:52 PM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why are stairlifts so slow? A whole minute to get upstairs is not acceptable for an old person desperate for the toilet.

Stairlifts are not race cars.

Andy

Some older people have brittle bones. The G-force from a fast lift
could fracture them. It would be like the space launch last week.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 08/06/2020 22:11, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 6/8/20 11:32 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

[snip]

I never did understand why people would build a house with all the
bedrooms upstairs.* Fine maybe for the younger, but not the older.

Because the bedrooms are the least accessed room.* Makes sense to put
kitchen, lounge, bathroom downstairs to reduce the number of times you
go up and down the stairs.

You need bathrooms on both levels.

There's something to be said for outdoor privies.

Not in winter there isnt.

There is no winter in Australia.

Hmmm, so you've never been to Australia then?

And chamber pots in the bedrooms.

Makes more sense to **** in a bucket.

Ugh!

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 09:49:03 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between the two resident idiots:

Birdbrain: "But imagine how cool it was to own slaves."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, right. Feed them, clothe them, and fix them when
they're broken.
After all, you paid good money for them. Then you've got to keep an eye
on them all the time."

Birdbrain: "Better than having to give them wages on top of that."

Senile Rodent: "Specially when they make more slaves for you
and produce their own food and clothes."

MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile Australian ASSHOLE Alert!

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 12:54:08 +1000, Beno, another brainless, troll-feeding,
senile Australian idiot, blathered:

Hmmm, so you've never been to Australia then?

WHO gives a ****? Oh, yeah, a troll-feeding senile asshole like you, of
course!

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 10:25:17 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rodent:

Senile Rodent: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 11:02:01 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Typical retarded "conversation" between the Scottish ****** and the senile
Ozzietard:

Birdbrain: "Horse **** doesn't stink."

Senile Rodent: "It does if you roll in it."

Birdbrain: "I've never worked out why, I assumed it was maybe meateaters
that made stinky ****, but then why does vegetarian human **** stink? Is it
just the fact that we're capable of digesting meat?"

Senile Rodent: "Nope, some cow **** stinks too."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 19:08:11 -0700 (PDT), Andy, another brain dead
troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered:

Stairlifts are not race cars.

Andy

No ****, troll-feeding asshole!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 6:48:03 AM UTC-5, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
The evidence is clear, metabolically healthy people are largely
unaffected by the Wuhan virus.

Still sucking up that FoxNews bull****? Grow a brain already.

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...vid-19-strokes

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...vere-covid-19/

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...ovid-19-chart/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 7:32:52 PM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why are stairlifts so slow? A whole minute to get upstairs is not
acceptable for an old person desperate for the toilet.

Well, turn it into a toilet seat. Problem solved.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HP7AQE

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 05:06:07 -0700 (PDT), Davej, another brain damaged,
troll-feeding senile asshole!

Well, turn it into a toilet seat. Problem solved.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HP7AQE

Yep, senile idiot, that's the way to make a clinically insane sociopathic
troll and attention whore thrive! tsk
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/10/2020 7:53 AM, Davej wrote:
On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 6:48:03 AM UTC-5, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
The evidence is clear, metabolically healthy people are largely
unaffected by the Wuhan virus.

Still sucking up that FoxNews bull****? Grow a brain already.

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...vid-19-strokes

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...vere-covid-19/

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...ovid-19-chart/

Life must be very scary for MSM masktards.

--
Get off my lawn!

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 03:30:35 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/9/2020 10:08 PM, Andy wrote:
On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 7:32:52 PM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why are stairlifts so slow? A whole minute to get upstairs is not acceptable for an old person desperate for the toilet.

Stairlifts are not race cars.

Andy

Some older people have brittle bones. The G-force from a fast lift
could fracture them. It would be like the space launch last week.

I'm talking about changing 0.5mph to 1mph.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

********. If the stairlift did its job and moved the person at the speed you would walk down the stairs, you wouldn't need workarounds.

And that works just as well when you are in the garden or
away shopping and no stairlift will help with either of those.

If I'm out shopping I don't want to answer the door.

Old folk do not like messing around with technology.

That's bull****. ALL of the ones I know except one have
a mobile phone now and the one that doesn't's wife
has both a mobile phone and a computer as well.

Then you clearly hang out with a different sort of people. I even know old folk with a mobile that don't know how to use the texting function. "Oh, I can only make calls, I don't understand that text stuff, that's for teenagers isn't it?"

[...]

A motor is hardly the same thing as a smartphone.

let alone a smartphone, or know how to do fancy **** like that.

Trivial to learn how to with the best designs. It
rings like a phone call with a different ring tone.

And then you have to have it with you.

Just a lot closer than downstairs, stupid.

Please reword in correct order.

That is the correct order.

Do you really think I can't find the original before you just edited it? You said "Just a lot close than downstairs, stupid."

They have a Sony TV, which means it ****s up a few times a year. Plenty other things that stop working in their house too. Cordless phones. Central heating thermostat. Doorbell. They really don't want another thing to go wrong.

The best of them like the arlos even work out if its a
delivery monkey or just a jovey and ignores the joveys.

Then you don't have the fun of telling them to **** off.

You are free to do that without having to fart around with the stairlift.

More fun face to face while wielding a crowbar.

Hardly any of them are psychopaths like you.

I did not give the religious ****wit permission to enter my land. Pointing to the large sign on the door which says "no salesmen, no charities, no junk mail, no religious nutters" and raising a large heavy object usually makes them go away.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

wrote:

[...]

unless there's a wimp on the other end

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 12:53:38 +0100, Davej wrote:

On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 6:48:03 AM UTC-5, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
The evidence is clear, metabolically healthy people are largely
unaffected by the Wuhan virus.

Still sucking up that FoxNews bull****? Grow a brain already.

I won't bother clicking your bull**** links. The stats clearly show most people dying of the virus are those with a pre-existing medical condition.

By the way, the stats also show the deaths from the virus are 100 times less than the population growth. So we're not exactly an endangered species. Carry on as you were. Or, follow government guidelines, **** up the world economy and see many many times more dying as a result of everyone being bankrupt. You can't just shut down 90% of the world like that.

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...vid-19-strokes

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...vere-covid-19/

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...ovid-19-chart/

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 14:49:15 +0100, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:

On 6/10/2020 7:53 AM, Davej wrote:
On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 6:48:03 AM UTC-5, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
The evidence is clear, metabolically healthy people are largely
unaffected by the Wuhan virus.

Still sucking up that FoxNews bull****? Grow a brain already.

https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...vid-19-strokes

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...vere-covid-19/

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...ovid-19-chart/

Life must be very scary for MSM masktards.

Some people worry way too much.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 13:06:07 +0100, Davej wrote:

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 7:32:52 PM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why are stairlifts so slow? A whole minute to get upstairs is not
acceptable for an old person desperate for the toilet.

Well, turn it into a toilet seat. Problem solved.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HP7AQE

Then acceleration really would be a problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 08/06/2020 22:11, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 6/8/20 11:32 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:

[snip]

I never did understand why people would build a house with all the
bedrooms upstairs. Fine maybe for the younger, but not the older.

Because the bedrooms are the least accessed room. Makes sense to put
kitchen, lounge, bathroom downstairs to reduce the number of times you
go up and down the stairs.

You need bathrooms on both levels.

There's something to be said for outdoor privies.

Not in winter there isnt.

There is no winter in Australia.

Hmmm, so you've never been to Australia then?

There's this thing called the internet, so I can know about things I haven't witnessed personally.

And chamber pots in the bedrooms.

Makes more sense to **** in a bucket.

Ugh!

What mostly makes a small engine "wheeze" fast & slow, fast & slow, fast & slow? ultred ragnusen Home Repair 32 February 26th 18 08:29 PM
Fourteen stairlifts replace lift at Paisley tower block Part Timer UK diy 31 September 4th 11 01:42 PM
Slow, slow, slow charlieb Woodturning 5 October 14th 09 05:43 PM
Residential Stairlifts TroutFisher Home Repair 9 July 8th 07 06:34 PM
Residential Stairlifts TroutFisherMan Home Ownership 0 July 7th 07 04:53 PM