DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Klenk's for Plastic Tub and Surround Insert? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/64859-klenks-plastic-tub-surround-insert.html)

Tim August 12th 04 03:51 PM

Klenk's for Plastic Tub and Surround Insert?

I just bought a condo and the bathroom has this cheapo plastic tub and
surrround insert. Its a light greay color and I would like to refinish
it to a normal white color. I've read that the Klenk's Tub & Surround
Refinishing Kit can work on plastics. Can anyone give me feedback on
if this would work on this type of plastic surface?

Jim Yanik August 12th 04 06:45 PM

Klenk's for Plastic Tub and Surround Insert?

(Tim) wrote in
om:

I just bought a condo and the bathroom has this cheapo plastic tub and
surrround insert. Its a light greay color and I would like to refinish
it to a normal white color. I've read that the Klenk's Tub & Surround
Refinishing Kit can work on plastics. Can anyone give me feedback on
if this would work on this type of plastic surface?

IIRC,they make two different types,one for porcelain finishes,and one for
fiberglass.The FG type uses a water-based solvent.
These paints do not last all that long,and need careful cleaning.
Klenk's has a website where you can download the kit instructions.
http://www.klenks.com/klenkspages/tubtile.html

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net