Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ?Q?Re=3a_OT=3a_Salon_Owner_Rips_Up_Citation_and_D efies_Order?=?B?IHRvIFJlbWFpbiBDbG9zZWQ6IOKAnEnigJltIG5vdCBwYX lpbmcgdGhpc+KAnQ==?=

On 4/28/2020 3:49 AM, devnull wrote:
On 4/28/20 1:38 AM, Bod wrote:
On 27/04/2020 21:02, Muggles wrote:
On 4/27/2020 2:59 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Muggles has brought this to us :
On 4/27/2020 1:29 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, April 27, 2020 at 1:41:44 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
Salon Owner Rips Up Citation and Defies Order to Remain Closed: Im
not
paying this

The Salon Á La Mode in North Dallas, Texas, opened up in defiance of
lockdown orders in the city. The defiant owner says that shell
ignore a
citation and a cease and desist order from the city to shut down.
This
one act of defiance created a big protest one day later where salon
owner Shelley Luther publicly ripped up the citation before a
crowd of
about 100 people (see video below).

Emergency orders that non-essential businesses remain closed
during
the Covid-19 crisis have devastated small business owners like salon
owner Shelley Luther. She stood up for her right to open and then
said
she wouldnt pay the fine she got from Dallas police officers.

It didnt take long for the police officers to arrive minutes after
Shelley Luthor opened the doors at the Salon A La Mode.

Luther said: Im not doing anything criminal, so they cannot arrest
me.

The officers left the first time without taking action. The salon
opened
and welcomed customers despite orders from
the county and state for non-essential businesses to remain closed.

There were a handful of people outside the salon supporting the
owners
decision, which she says was made despite the risk of a stiff fine.

Luther spoke out about her rights:

I want them to know we have rights, but if you cannot afford to
pay us
and feed our families and help us because the systems are so
backlogged,
then you have to let us work.

Other salon owners who remain closed and are losing money say
its not
fair if those who defy the order are not punished:

Stephanie Randle operates a salon in North Dallas and normally sees
seven clients a day. For more than a month, she says shes had no
income
while adhering to Covid-19 regulations that have kept
hairstylists like
her from working.

Now, this afternoon authorities paid another visit to Salon A La
Mode.
This time with the citation that comes with a fine of up to
$1,000. The
owner says she plans to fight it and continue operating.

Luther defiantly said: Im not paying this.

https://100percentfedup.com/salon-ow...t-paying-this/

--
Maggie

The stupidity, the disregard for the health and safety of others,
runs
deep in some.** We'll see how she fares in court.* I hope they
fine her
as much as possible and shut her down, put her in jail if necessary.

Stupidity??* She's been unemployed for a month and needs income to
support her family, now.* Screw the citation and more and more people
are going to be defying such stupid orders.

Ohhhh, Trump's not going to like his 100,000 death figure being
exceeded. This is the beginning of the failure of the fifty percent
compliance figure.

You're not in compliance with this? - you're not doing business here
anymore! She does not have the right to endanger the health of the
community.

That's just horsesh*t ....* We come and go from the grocery store freely
... hairdressers are essential businesses, too.

Then you don't understand what the word essential means.

You don't understand what "tea party" means...and it looks like another
one is "brewing".

Sponsored by the same billionaires that financed the last one, so they
could get their HUGE tax cut. They are not doing it for you. They care
NOTHING about working people.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Salon Owner Rips Up Citation and Defies Order to Remain Closed: Im not paying this

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 11:48:14 -0700, Bob F wrote:

Sponsored by the same billionaires that financed the last one, so they
could get their HUGE tax cut. They are not doing it for you. They care
NOTHING about working people.

+1
[]'s
--