DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Weller D550 professional soldering gun (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/648407-weller-d550-professional-soldering-gun.html)

Molly Brown[_2_] April 25th 20 07:24 PM

Weller D550 professional soldering gun

The 7250AN acorn tip nuts used by the Weller D550 professional soldering gun are badly designed and will not produce good contact and will prevent the tip from getting hot.

Ralph Mowery April 25th 20 08:13 PM

Weller D550 professional soldering gun

In article ,
says...

The 7250AN acorn tip nuts used by the Weller D550 professional soldering gun are badly designed and will not produce good contact and will prevent the tip from getting hot.

Is this a question/answer/statement ?

Weller messed up when they went from the connectors that the tip went
through the nuts/bolts and made a 90 deg turn and stuck out of the
holes.

Even those sometimes needed to be taken out/cleaned and retightened.

Clare Snyder April 25th 20 09:47 PM

Weller D550 professional soldering gun

On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 11:24:57 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown
wrote:

The 7250AN acorn tip nuts used by the Weller D550 professional soldering gun are badly designed and will not produce good contact and will prevent the tip from getting hot.

BS. They've been working fine for about 40 years.Or more. CXan't
remember when I got my first one -and they are a lot better than the
old WEN soldering guns that used a pair of scresws tomake the contact.