Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help me identify my kitchen faucet - photo link included

The problem is the hose that runs up through the tall faucet is
leaking. I don't know who manufactured the faucet. So unless all the
faucets of this type use the same hose, I need to identify it so I can
get the correct hose. Please help!

https://i.postimg.cc/T2Nj3B5T/IMG-2058.jpg

-dan z-

--
Protect your civil rights!
Let the politicians know how you feel.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/21/2020 6:14 PM, slate_leeper wrote:
The problem is the hose that runs up through the tall faucet is
leaking. I don't know who manufactured the faucet. So unless all the
faucets of this type use the same hose, I need to identify it so I can
get the correct hose. Please help!

https://i.postimg.cc/T2Nj3B5T/IMG-2058.jpg

-dan z-

It will be easy if you get an answer here. If not, take the photo to
your local plumbing supply house and ask. If it was installed by a
local plumber chances are he bought it local.

You can probably browse web sites looking for it too, u it may be the
firs one you see or on the 5783 one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 18:14:18 -0400, slate_leeper
wrote:

The problem is the hose that runs up through the tall faucet is
leaking. I don't know who manufactured the faucet. So unless all the
faucets of this type use the same hose, I need to identify it so I can
get the correct hose. Please help!

https://i.postimg.cc/T2Nj3B5T/IMG-2058.jpg

-dan z-

The logo is usually on the back of the faucet near the base on the
back toward the wall. It looks a lot like the Lowes in house brand.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The problem is the hose that runs up through the tall faucet is
leaking. I don't know who manufactured the faucet. So unless all the
faucets of this type use the same hose, I need to identify it so I can
get the correct hose. Please help!

https://i.postimg.cc/T2Nj3B5T/IMG-2058.jpg

-dan z-

Try Moen Harlan ? google image search.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/kitchen...-faucet-473386

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The problem is the hose that runs up through the tall faucet is
leaking. I don't know who manufactured the faucet. So unless all the
faucets of this type use the same hose, I need to identify it so I can
get the correct hose. Please help!

https://i.postimg.cc/T2Nj3B5T/IMG-2058.jpg

-dan z-

Try Moen Harlan ? google image search.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/kitchen...-faucet-473386

John T.

Harlon not Harlan ..
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The problem is the hose that runs up through the tall faucet is
leaking. I don't know who manufactured the faucet. So unless all the
faucets of this type use the same hose, I need to identify it so I can
get the correct hose. Please help!

https://i.postimg.cc/T2Nj3B5T/IMG-2058.jpg

-dan z-

Try Moen Harlan ? google image search.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/kitchen...-faucet-473386

John T.

If it is really Moen and not the Lowes knock off Moen will usually
send you a hose for free. Email them that picture and see if they
believe it is theirs. .
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The problem is the hose that runs up through the tall faucet is
leaking. I don't know who manufactured the faucet. So unless all the
faucets of this type use the same hose, I need to identify it so I can
get the correct hose. Please help!

https://i.postimg.cc/T2Nj3B5T/IMG-2058.jpg

-dan z-

Try Moen Harlan ? google image search.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/kitchen...-faucet-473386

John T.

If it is really Moen and not the Lowes knock off Moen will usually
send you a hose for free. Email them that picture and see if they
believe it is theirs. .

At my last house, I installed a Moen kitchen faucet and matching soap
dispenser. Nearly three years later, way after the warranty period, the
soap dispenser broke. I called Moen to order a new soap dispenser and the
guy insisted on sending it out at no charge, no need to see any purchase
receipt or anything at all. Great folks to work with.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Same situation with both American Standard and Pfister. Buying off
brand stuff doesn't make any sense unless you are flipping houses.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Before posting I checked the Moen website, and found no match. All of
their similar kitchen faucets have the handle pointing up. They pull
down to turn on the water. This one has the handle sticking out
horizontally, and you raise it to turn on the water.

I also checked Sears (the people I bought the house from were big on
Sears) and Lowe's. I even did a reverse-image search on my picture.

Thanks for the tip on Moen, however. I will send the pic as suggested.
Perhaps it is an older model.

-dan z-

--
Protect your civil rights!
Let the politicians know how you feel.
Join or donate to the NRA today!
http://membership.nrahq.org/default....ignid=XR014887

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Two choices:

Take the hose to a local plumbing supply and see what they say.
Buy a new faucet, it;s probably a cheap Chinese knock off and not
particularly attractive. In my experience, when the name isn't shown,
it's usually cheap.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

If you say that the Moen Harlon is different than the photo
that you posted - so be it ....
they sure look identical to me !

https://www.moen.ca/products/Harlon/...aucet/87499SRS

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 9:54:20 AM UTC-4, wrote:

[...]

They certainly are at least very close. One immediate difference is the Moen
has "Moen" on it, visible at the bottom of the base. Which goes with what
I just said in another post. When there is no name visible, in my experience
it's typically low cost off brand China product.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/22/2020 10:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

If they copied the detail closely then the hose may be the same too.
Aside from the name they sure look the same.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 22 Apr 2020 11:53:36 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

They certainly are at least very close. One immediate difference is the Moen
has "Moen" on it, visible at the bottom of the base. Which goes with what
I just said in another post. When there is no name visible, in my experience
it's typically low cost off brand China product.

Mine says "Communist Red China" at the bottom.

If they copied the detail closely then the hose may be the same too.
Aside from the name they sure look the same.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help me identify my kitchen faucet - photo link included: Attn: Jim Joyce

wrote:

If it is really Moen and not the Lowes knock off Moen will usually
send you a hose for free. Email them that picture and see if they
believe it is theirs. .

Moen replied today. Identified and correct part number for the hose.
Thanks again.

Would you believe their similar faucets are now selling for $400-$700!

-dan z-

--
Protect your civil rights!
Let the politicians know how you feel.
Join or donate to the NRA today!
http://membership.nrahq.org/default....ignid=XR014887

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If it is really Moen and not the Lowes knock off Moen will usually
send you a hose for free. Email them that picture and see if they
believe it is theirs. .

Moen replied today. Identified and correct part number for the hose.
Thanks again.

Would you believe their similar faucets are now selling for $400-$700!

-dan z-

No surprise. Moen, Delta and Phister Phaucets are NOT INEXPENSIVE.
And not, at least genrrally, cheap either. The offbrand stuff is
usually more cheap than inexpensive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If it is really Moen and not the Lowes knock off Moen will usually
send you a hose for free. Email them that picture and see if they
believe it is theirs. .

Moen replied today. Identified and correct part number for the hose.
Thanks again.

Would you believe their similar faucets are now selling for $400-$700!

-dan z-

No surprise. Moen, Delta and Phister Phaucets are NOT INEXPENSIVE.
And not, at least genrrally, cheap either. The offbrand stuff is
usually more cheap than inexpensive.

Yes, you have to know the difference. Cheap is often very expensive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help me identify my kitchen faucet - photo link included - solved

wrote:

The problem is the hose that runs up through the tall faucet is
leaking. I don't know who manufactured the faucet. So unless all the
faucets of this type use the same hose, I need to identify it so I can
get the correct hose. Please help!

https://i.postimg.cc/T2Nj3B5T/IMG-2058.jpg

-dan z-

Thanks to someone's suggestion here (thanks again), I sent the picture
to Moen. This is their reply:

"The faucet that you have is the 7599SL Moen Medora faucet.* The hose
number that you will need is the 131381.

Many Moen parts can be purchased online through the following link:"

No free hose, but I got the needed info.

--
Protect your civil rights!
Let the politicians know how you feel.
Join or donate to the NRA today!
http://membership.nrahq.org/default....ignid=XR014887

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The problem is the hose that runs up through the tall faucet is
leaking. I don't know who manufactured the faucet. So unless all the
faucets of this type use the same hose, I need to identify it so I can
get the correct hose. Please help!

https://i.postimg.cc/T2Nj3B5T/IMG-2058.jpg

-dan z-

Thanks to someone's suggestion here (thanks again), I sent the picture
to Moen. This is their reply:

"The faucet that you have is the 7599SL Moen Medora faucet.* The hose
number that you will need is the 131381.

Many Moen parts can be purchased online through the following link:"

No free hose, but I got the needed info.

If you compare the handle on the Medora to
the handle on yours and the handle on the Harlon -
- yours looks like a Harlon to me.
.. not that it will make a difference in your repair needs.
John T.

https://www.guillens.com/buy/product...ext=MOE+S71708

https://www.moen.ca/products/Harlon/...aucet/87499SRS