Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE Profile Dishwasher Slowly Drains During Wash Cycle

Our GE Profile dishwasher suddenly started to lose water through the drain
hose during the rinse and wash cycles. This caused the dishwasher water
level to become very low, the dishwasher to become louder than normal, and
obviously the dishes to remain dirty. After searching online, I found one
homeowner who said he had the same problem and that he fixed it by cleaning
the fine filter that sits just below the spray arm in the bottom of the
dishwasher. I decided to check mine and found it to be caked with all kinds
of gunk. I washed it off in the sink with a toothbrush, reinstalled it and
the problem was fixed. Took me 15 minutes and cost me nothing!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1212677-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2020 12:44 PM, Jonathan Hansen wrote:
Our GE Profile dishwasher suddenly started to lose water through the drain
hose* during the rinse and wash cycles.* This caused the dishwasher water
level to become very low, the dishwasher to become louder than normal, and
obviously the dishes to remain dirty.* After searching online, I found one
homeowner who said he had the same problem and that he fixed it by cleaning
the fine filter that sits just below the spray arm in the bottom of the
dishwasher.* I decided to check mine and found it to be caked with all
kinds
of gunk.* I washed it off in the sink with a toothbrush, reinstalled it and
the problem was fixed.* Took me 15 minutes and cost me nothing!

I check my fine filter after each load. Surprising how some times it
looks clean and sometimes it's filled with gunk after doing a load that
seems no dirtier than loads that left the filter clean. Takes only
about 15 seconds to check after unloading the bottom rack.