Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Storm Door making loud buzzing sounds

My front storm door or maybe its my exterior door is making a very loud
buzzing sound when the wind blows against it, its so loud that it wakes me
up at night... what could be the cause and some solutions?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...s-1212183-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 12:44:02 +0000, EanK
m wrote:

My front storm door or maybe it’s my exterior door is making a very loud
buzzing sound when the wind blows against it, it’s so loud that it wakes me
up at night... what could be the cause and some solutions?

vuvuzela ?
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/20/2020 8:44 AM, EanK wrote:
My front storm door or maybe its my exterior door is making a very loud
buzzing sound when the wind blows against it, its so loud that it wakes me
up at night... what could be the cause and some solutions?

Check that the catch is holding the door properly closed, check
weatherstripping.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/20/2020 8:52 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/20/2020 8:44 AM, EanK wrote:
My front storm door or maybe its my exterior door is making a very loud
buzzing sound when the wind blows against it, its so loud that it
wakes me
up at night... what could be the cause and some solutions?

Check that the catch is holding the door properly closed, check
weatherstripping.

+1

Almost certainly is w-stripping acting as a reed...

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

My front storm door or maybe it’s my exterior door is making a very loud
buzzing sound when the wind blows against it, it’s so loud that it wakes me
up at night... what could be the cause and some solutions?

The door doesn't fit quite tight. Likely bad weatherstripping Put a
strip of faom weatherstrip between the door and the jam to damp it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

My front storm door or maybe its my exterior door is making a very loud
buzzing sound when the wind blows against it, its so loud that it wakes me
up at night... what could be the cause and some solutions?

The door doesn't fit quite tight. Likely bad weatherstripping Put a
strip of faom weatherstrip between the door and the jam to damp it.

Likely the weatherstripping on both doors. Air is likely being blown in
or out through both doors.