Posted to alt.home.repair

Default We don't need no stinkin' pandemic unit.

https://apnews.com/ce014d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

Trump says, "We don't need no stinkin' pandemic unit. How often is
there a pandemic, anyhow?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/19/2020 07:32 PM, micky wrote:

https://apnews.com/ce014d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

Trump says, "We don't need no stinkin' pandemic unit. How often is
there a pandemic, anyhow?"

"For many years, the national intelligence director’s worldwide threat
assessment has warned that a flu pandemic or other large-scale outbreak
of a contagious disease could lead to massive rates of death and
disability that would severely affect the world economy. Public health
experts have been blowing whistles too."

Why are they standing around flatfooted if they saw it coming for many
years? What was the NSC bureaucracy that has been expanding its empire
for many years doing exactly?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 9:46:29 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 03/19/2020 07:32 PM, micky wrote:

https://apnews.com/ce014d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

Trump says, "We don't need no stinkin' pandemic unit. How often is
there a pandemic, anyhow?"

"For many years, the national intelligence directors worldwide threat
assessment has warned that a flu pandemic or other large-scale outbreak
of a contagious disease could lead to massive rates of death and
disability that would severely affect the world economy. Public health
experts have been blowing whistles too."

Why are they standing around flatfooted if they saw it coming for many
years? What was the NSC bureaucracy that has been expanding its empire
for many years doing exactly?

Trump/Bolton eliminated the pandemic office, which was put into place
after what we learned from the Ebola scare. Apparently Trump and his
minions believed that a pandemic was not worth worrying about.

If you want to talk about flatfooted, how about what Trump did yesterday?
He invoked the Defense Production Act, which gives the feds the authority
to turn Ford into building bombers or in this case, to take control of
the supply chain for masks, hazard suits, respirators, etc. The feds
would order material, eliminate any roadblocks, convert other companies
where possible to add to supply, allocate it among the states. Great
idea, should have been doing it two weeks or more ago. But that's
not the bad part. The bad news is that hours later Trump tweeted that
he only invoked the authority so that it could be used later in a worst
case scenario, but hopefully we won't need to. So, forget about the
materials for Trump's war.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/19/2020 6:32 PM, micky wrote:

https://apnews.com/ce014d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

Trump says, "We don't need no stinkin' pandemic unit. How often is
there a pandemic, anyhow?"

And King County WA is building multiple emergency hospital facilities.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...irus-outbreak/

OT - Gotta Love Texas == Canadians Don't Need No Stinkin' Guns Red Green Home Repair 0 June 10th 11 01:56 AM
H1N1 Pandemic Ned Simmons Metalworking 0 June 15th 09 07:59 PM
Google Pandemic * A Statggering Broker Signals Disgust with touchdown * Google Clearwater Experiment Home Repair 0 March 18th 07 10:53 PM
BIRD FLU PANDEMIC FEARS MOUNT - CONTINGENCY PLANS ESSENTIAL!' [email protected] UK diy 10 October 7th 05 12:25 PM
Scraper?? I don't need to BUY no stinkin' scraper Bay Area Dave Woodworking 59 November 22nd 03 02:31 AM