Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default G 1/2"/BSPP 1/2" to NPT 1/2"

I was thinking of installing this handheld bidet
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CMX71JQ in the side of a vanity.

The specs say that the inlets are G 1/2", the Asian/European version of
FIP, aka BSPP (non-tapered)

I have two supply lines from the sink valves (3/8" NPT (female) to 1/2"
NPT (female)).

So apparently I need a G 1/2" male to NPT 1/2" male adapter as well as
the seals that are necessary.
https://www.adaptall.com/products/British/bspp-port/8007/8007-08-08.php
https://www.adaptall.com/products/British/bspp-port/SS9500/SS9500-08V.php

Am I missing something here? I can't understand how so many people have
installed this in the U.S. without running into the need for the BSPP to
NPT adapters.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 18:12:28 -0700, sms
wrote:

I was thinking of installing this handheld bidet
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CMX71JQ in the side of a vanity.

The specs say that the inlets are G 1/2", the Asian/European version of
FIP, aka BSPP (non-tapered)

I have two supply lines from the sink valves (3/8" NPT (female) to 1/2"
NPT (female)).

So apparently I need a G 1/2" male to NPT 1/2" male adapter as well as
the seals that are necessary.
https://www.adaptall.com/products/British/bspp-port/8007/8007-08-08.php
https://www.adaptall.com/products/British/bspp-port/SS9500/SS9500-08V.php

Am I missing something here? I can't understand how so many people have
installed this in the U.S. without running into the need for the BSPP to
NPT adapters.

Did you not notice in your amazon link they list the adapters as
well????
What makes you think they are being installed without them, or they
are hard to get???
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I am still looking for some adapters for some nice Russian surplus
gauges I got at Sportsman's Guide some years ago. They are almost 3/4"
NPT but it is a straight metric thread. I assume you use a washer like
a CO2 Bevco bottle. They are big suckers tho, about 150mm and an
assortment of K/P ranges.
Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

wrote:

I was thinking of installing this handheld bidet
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CMX71JQ in the side of a vanity.

The specs say that the inlets are G 1/2", the Asian/European version of
FIP, aka BSPP (non-tapered)

I have two supply lines from the sink valves (3/8" NPT (female) to 1/2"
NPT (female)).

So apparently I need a G 1/2" male to NPT 1/2" male adapter as well as
the seals that are necessary.
https://www.adaptall.com/products/British/bspp-port/8007/8007-08-08.php
https://www.adaptall.com/products/British/bspp-port/SS9500/SS9500-08V.php

Am I missing something here? I can't understand how so many people have
installed this in the U.S. without running into the need for the BSPP to
NPT adapters.

Did you not notice in your amazon link they list the adapters as
well????

That's MNPT to MNPT, not MNPT to G 1/2. The threads are different and G
1/2 is not tapered. People may be buying those, but it's not the right
item. I see in the comments for the item people complaining about leakage.

What makes you think they are being installed without them, or they
are hard to get???

Because the actual thing you need is BSPP 1/2" male to NPT male.