Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hey Bod, way to go.

On 17/03/2020 20:29, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 9:44:35 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
On 17/03/2020 13:12, Bod wrote:
On 17/03/2020 12:52, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 8:20:25 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
On 17/03/2020 12:00, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 12:38:13 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
On 17/03/2020 02:12, wrote:
On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 17:45:45 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 6:40:52 PM UTC-4,
wrote:
No wonder you guys have been around so long.
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-12/british-government-wants-uk-to-acquire-coronavirus-herd-immunity-writes-robert-peston/

That harmonious sound you just heard was Jim J, Lundal and Trader's
heads exploding in 3 part harmony..

"Second, the kind of coercive measures employed by China in Wuhan
and Hubei have simply locked the virus behind the closed doors of
peoples homes.

And just as soon as the constraints on freedom of movement are
lifted there, the monstrous virus will rear its hideous face again.
Football matches are not yet being played behind closed doors."

This I don't understand.Â* If you keep it locked up for several
weeks,
the people in that household will have all been exposed to it,
infected
and recovered or died.Â* If you then let them out, there is no
virus to
spread.

The virus is still around unless you are building a wall and you are
sure you killed everyone inside who has the virus. Then you have to
kill any animals that might carry it. You can still be infected if
you
dodged it in the quarantine. Remember this thing circled the globe in
a couple months. Stopping it before a significant number of people
are
immune is just ****ing on the fire.
The Brits are saying they can handle this and bring it on. There are
the people who survived being bombed every night for 5 years.

The UK approach is essentially the US approach.Â* They talk about
flattening
the curve so that the healthcare system does not get overloaded.
I doubt
you can do that and have enough infections to get heard immunity
in one
year though.Â* Maybe they should go for the Fretwell, let her rip,
method?

Not at all. They are not hitting stop on their economy. Things are
staying open and they are carrying on ... at least so far.
They are thinking about the long term survival of the herd, not the
short term survival of the weak.
After all Darwin was British.

Anyway, there are only 12 cases in our county of ½ a million people
so far.

--
Bod

12 cases?Â* The world data I'm looking at show UK has 1543 cases and
55 dead.
That's yesterday, today's numbers have not bee reported yet.

I did say in our *county*. I checked this morning.

--
Bod

Most people consider the UK a country, that's how it's listed in the
world
data.Â* Where in the UK are you that "country" only has 12?

It was just an anecdote.
Berkshire, 4 miles from Windsor Castle; I just rechecked and the data
was for 3 days ago, so could be more now..

I might add, that the low amount is very surprising because we are also
about 4 miles from Heathrow airport, so consequently there are a lot of
pilots/stewardesses and airport workers living nearby.
I would have thought that this area would be a fertile area for more
infections.

--
Bod

The number for England is 1196, UK 1554 with 60 dead. That doesn't sound
low to me or to Trump either, he cut off entry.

I don't think that you're getting what I'm saying. I said my COUNTY.
12 people out of over ½ million IS a small amount in anyone's eyes.
I've never disputed the national figure as serious.
You seem to be misunderstanding me.
--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Yes, I acknowledged that in another post. I thought you said country,
not county. The number here for the county was 14 yesterday. Case that;s
closest was probably about 10 miles away.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I heard tonight our tri county area was about 14-15, most travel
related. It was old people coming home from overseas travel, not
tourists coming here. Maybe that is why they thought the beach was a
safe bet. If these kids weren't out in the open on the beach, they
would be jammed up in hotel rooms partying. The beach sounds safer to
me. They did have security and the deputies keeping the groups
separated but our beaches are never like that Coney Island thing
anyway with people on top of each other.

Breaking news
If it makes you feel better, they just announced they are closing the
beach. I am just not sure if they are going to kick the spring
breakers out of the hotels so that might be hard to enforce.
If the kids are cooped up in their rooms, climbing back and forth on
the balconies, I am not sure it is any better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 18 Mar 2020 05:11:23 +0000, Bod
wrote:

The number for England is 1196, UK 1554 with 60 dead. That doesn't sound
low to me or to Trump either, he cut off entry.

I don't think that you're getting what I'm saying. I said my COUNTY.
12 people out of over ½ million IS a small amount in anyone's eyes.
I've never disputed the national figure as serious.
You seem to be misunderstanding me.

Well, as of yesterday, there are 6 cases in Baltimore** County, out of
800,000 people.

**Named after one of you chaps.

60 cases in Maryland (named after another one of your chappettes.) out
of 6,000,000.

But the number is probably climbing fast.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The number for England is 1196, UK 1554 with 60 dead. That doesn't sound
low to me or to Trump either, he cut off entry.

I don't think that you're getting what I'm saying. I said my COUNTY.
12 people out of over ½ million IS a small amount in anyone's eyes.
I've never disputed the national figure as serious.
You seem to be misunderstanding me.

Well, as of yesterday, there are 6 cases in Baltimore** County, out of
800,000 people.

**Named after one of you chaps.

60 cases in Maryland (named after another one of your chappettes.) out
of 6,000,000.

But the number is probably climbing fast.

What they know is nowhere near what there is.

OT Hey Bod this one is for you Oren[_2_] Home Repair 55 January 9th 18 01:14 AM
OT : Hey, Bod! Tekkie® Home Repair 18 March 24th 16 08:25 PM
OT : Hey, Bod! Aardvark[_3_] Home Repair 1 March 15th 16 08:02 PM
OT : Hey, Bod! burfordTjustice Home Repair 0 March 15th 16 04:43 PM