Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hire them back

What the next president should do is offer to hire back everyone who has
resigned under Stumpie, complete with seniority and whatever else they
had because of prior longevity.

This includes the prosecutor on the Roger Stone case who resigned**, all
those from the Dept. of Agriculture, and maybe every US department and
agency, and all who couldn't stomach stumpie.

99% were talented people and all got new jobs, but they might still want
their old jobs back, because they believe in public service, because the
commute is easier, or any other reason.

**Only one resigned. The other 3 resigned from the case.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 1:20:47 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
What the next president should do is offer to hire back everyone who has
resigned under Stumpie, complete with seniority and whatever else they
had because of prior longevity.

As much as I despise Trump, that's an incredibly stupid idea.

This includes the prosecutor on the Roger Stone case who resigned**,

You've fallen for the lib media spin. They didn't resign from their jobs,
the withdrew from being the prosecutors on the case. Which is what the
media should have reported, if they were honest.

all
those from the Dept. of Agriculture, and maybe every US department and
agency, and all who couldn't stomach stumpie.

99% were talented people and all got new jobs, but they might still want
their old jobs back, because they believe in public service, because the
commute is easier, or any other reason.

**Only one resigned. The other 3 resigned from the case.

None actually resigned, they just quit the case. Only the dishonest
would refer to that as "resigning".

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 12 Feb 2020 11:02:30 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 1:20:47 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
What the next president should do is offer to hire back everyone who has
resigned under Stumpie, complete with seniority and whatever else they
had because of prior longevity.

As much as I despise Trump, that's an incredibly stupid idea.

Why, because you say so? We lost enormous amounts of talent in the 3
years, and they're not going to come back if they've lost their
seniority. And most won't even think to re-apply for their jobs unless
they get an invitation.

This includes the prosecutor on the Roger Stone case who resigned**,

You've fallen for the lib media spin. They didn't resign from their jobs,
the withdrew from being the prosecutors on the case. Which is what the
media should have reported, if they were honest.

I guess you don't read well what I wrote, and you don't listen well,
because nothing I heard said they all resigned.

all
those from the Dept. of Agriculture, and maybe every US department and
agency, and all who couldn't stomach stumpie.

99% were talented people and all got new jobs, but they might still want
their old jobs back, because they believe in public service, because the
commute is easier, or any other reason.

**Only one resigned. The other 3 resigned from the case.

None actually resigned, they just quit the case. Only the dishonest
would refer to that as "resigning".

I don't think 'quit' is the proper term. Maybe it's not resign either
but I was clear nonetheless, I said just one line up, "Only one
resigned. The other 3 resigned from the case."

Only a jackass would refer to that as dishonest, like you did.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You are incredibly dense. Who were the prosecutors who resigned? What
was their former job?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 1:20:47 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
What the next president should do is offer to hire back everyone who has
resigned under Stumpie, complete with seniority and whatever else they
had because of prior longevity.

As much as I despise Trump, that's an incredibly stupid idea.

Why, because you say so?

Because it is. A president is entitled to his own choices for positions.
And that's where all the fired people, AGAIk have been. There might be
an exception, but almost all are subject to presidential selection.
For an incoming president to pick staffers just because the previous
president fired him, is beyond stupid. You're going to pick a Democrat
who agrees with the crazy libs, for a position, just because the previous
president fired them? Or a lib president is going to pick John Bolton,
just because Trump fired him? WTF?

We lost enormous amounts of talent in the 3
years, and they're not going to come back if they've lost their
seniority. And most won't even think to re-apply for their jobs unless
they get an invitation.

This includes the prosecutor on the Roger Stone case who resigned**,

You've fallen for the lib media spin. They didn't resign from their jobs,
the withdrew from being the prosecutors on the case. Which is what the
media should have reported, if they were honest.

I guess you don't read well what I wrote, and you don't listen well,
because nothing I heard said they all resigned.

Google broken?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...18a_story.html

Prosecutors quit amid escalating Justice Dept. fight over Roger Stones prison
term

https://www.today.com/video/roger-st...ce-78608453610

Roger Stone prosecutors resign in DOJ fight over prison sentence

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...stone-n1134961

All four Roger Stone prosecutors resign from case after DOJ backpedals on sentencing recommendation

all
those from the Dept. of Agriculture, and maybe every US department and
agency, and all who couldn't stomach stumpie.

99% were talented people and all got new jobs, but they might still want
their old jobs back, because they believe in public service, because the
commute is easier, or any other reason.

**Only one resigned. The other 3 resigned from the case.

None actually resigned, they just quit the case. Only the dishonest
would refer to that as "resigning".

I don't think 'quit' is the proper term. Maybe it's not resign either
but I was clear nonetheless, I said just one line up, "Only one
resigned. The other 3 resigned from the case."

Only a jackass would refer to that as dishonest, like you did.

That isn't what I said. I said you fell for the lib media spin, which
you obviously have. You claim you don't know that the media is calling
the four prosecutors withdrawing from the case "resigning" and you obviously
are too lazy to use Google. So, you're drinking at the lib trough, as
usual. And what I said was dishonest was the media using the term
resigning, trying to make it look like they resigned period, as opposed
to withdrawing from the case. You can bet if it was a Democrat, the
media would be very careful to have headlines that say, four prosecutors
remove themselves from the case or similar. That's one reason Trump got
elected and he might again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 1:20:47 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
What the next president should do is offer to hire back everyone who has
resigned under Stumpie, complete with seniority and whatever else they
had because of prior longevity.

As much as I despise Trump, that's an incredibly stupid idea.

Why, because you say so?

No Micky, simply because you're not as smart as you think you are.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 1:20:47 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
What the next president should do is offer to hire back everyone who
has
resigned under Stumpie, complete with seniority and whatever else they
had because of prior longevity.

As much as I despise Trump, that's an incredibly stupid idea.

Why, because you say so?

No Micky, simply because you're not as smart as you think you are.

Probably also dumber than we think he is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Well it appears you hit THAT nail on the head - - -
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/12/2020 11:20 AM, micky wrote:
What the next president should do is offer to hire back everyone who has
resigned under Stumpie, complete with seniority and whatever else they
had because of prior longevity.

I doubt Trump will forgive and forget when he gets re-elected.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 1:20:47 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
What the next president should do is offer to hire back everyone
who has
resigned under Stumpie, complete with seniority and whatever else they
had because of prior longevity.

As much as I despise Trump, that's an incredibly stupid idea.

Why, because you say so?

No Micky, simply because you're not as smart as you think you are.

Probably also dumber than we think he is.

That would be impossible unless he's a bot programmed by an 8th grader.

Posted to alt.home.repair

rbowman used his or her keyboard to write :
On 02/12/2020 11:20 AM, micky wrote:
What the next president should do is offer to hire back everyone who has
resigned under Stumpie, complete with seniority and whatever else they
had because of prior longevity.

I doubt Trump will forgive and forget when he gets re-elected.

He could well go down in history as the only US president to be
impeached twice unsuccessfully. This is how democracy fails.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 7:49:42 AM UTC-5, FromTheRafters wrote:
rbowman used his or her keyboard to write :
On 02/12/2020 11:20 AM, micky wrote:
What the next president should do is offer to hire back everyone who has
resigned under Stumpie, complete with seniority and whatever else they
had because of prior longevity.

I doubt Trump will forgive and forget when he gets re-elected.

He could well go down in history as the only US president to be
impeached twice unsuccessfully. This is how democracy fails.

If he gets re-elected, I'd say there is a good chance of that. Just look
at what he's already doing. This Roger Stone thing is a classic.
Everyone knows he's going to pardon all of his criminal buddies.
If he loses the election, it will be before he leaves office.
If he wins, knowing Trump, I would expect within months of his win,
maybe in his inaugural speech. So, why pull this further, stupid,
divisive stunt? Just let justice play out. Who knows what sentence
the judge will hand out? The DOJ says 7 to 9, Stone's lawyers
will say probation. Maybe she gives him 2 years. BFD. Trump is
going to pardon him anyway. But no, once again, Trump had to corrupt
the office of president, destroy the integrity of the system of justice,
for nothing. He not only attacked the sentence recommendation,
he basically claimed that Stone really did nothing wrong, when he
lied many times to Congress and investigators, intimidated witnesses,
disobeyed the judges gag order and even posted a photo of the judge
with cross hairs. That's Trump's kind of guy.

So, Trump thinks this will make him look good to his minions.
And already Congress is starting an investigation into this,
calling Barr to answer questions. And so, on it goes. And then
Trump claims that he's not the cause of most of the terrible,
divisive turmoil.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/13/2020 6:49 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
rbowman used his or her keyboard to write :
On 02/12/2020 11:20 AM, micky wrote:
What the next president should do is offer to hire back everyone who has
resigned under Stumpie, complete with seniority and whatever else they
had because of prior longevity.

I doubt Trump will forgive and forget when he gets re-elected.

He could well go down in history as the only US president to be
impeached twice unsuccessfully. This is how democracy fails.

The US is a Constitutional Republic with democratic principles included.
Democracy alone will always fail.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

========================
would refer to that as "resigning".

I don't think 'quit' is the proper term. Maybe it's not resign either
but I was clear nonetheless, I said just one line up, "Only one
resigned. The other 3 resigned from the case."

Only a jackass would refer to that as dishonest, like you did.

Well it appears you hit THAT nail on the head - - -

LOL

And the news repeated today that one had resigned from the department,
quit his job, just like I said. Generally, the more complicated story,
or the one with more details, like one quitting and 3 withdrawing from
the case, is more likely to be true -- not always but more likely -- at
least when dealing with news. It usually means a reporter talked to more
people and/or for examplle here, didn't assume because he found that 3
withdrew from the case, that all 4 did. That's why news stories are
often amended in the next edition.

Trader should not be so sure of himself
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wrong again, numb nuts. You wrote YESTERDAY that one of the prosecutors
on the Stone Case had resigned from their job, three others just resigned
from the case. Wrong! There were four prosecutors and all withdrew from
the case, none of them resigned from their job. Only TODAY, not yesterday,
the woman who heads the DC federal prosecutors office, who Trump had
nominated for a spot at Treasury, quit. Got that, she just quit today,
not yesterday, when you were making the claim. Are you clairvoyant?
From NBC news:

Feb. 13, 2020, 4:30 PM UTC
By Peter Alexander and Dareh Gregorian

The former U.S. attorney whose office oversaw the Roger Stone prosecution resigned from the Trump administration Wednesday, two days after President Donald Trump abruptly withdrew her nomination for a top job at the Treasury Department."

Got it now? You didn't hear it again today, you heard it today for
the first time. You're kind of like Trump, get something wrong,
then double down and start bitching about how someone else is the one with
the fake news instead of checking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:15:55 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

Wrong again, numb nuts. You wrote YESTERDAY that one of the prosecutors
on the Stone Case had resigned from their job, three others just resigned
from the case. Wrong! There were four prosecutors and all withdrew from
the case, none of them resigned from their job.

I certainly don't want to get in the middle of anything, but multiple news
outlets have been reporting since yesterday that one of the 4 prosecutors
resigned from his job.

quote from
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/02/12/prosecutors_quit_roger_stone_case_in_dispute_over_ sentence_142375.html:

Aaron Zelinsky, a Mueller team member, quit the case and his job in
Washington, with plans to return to his position as a federal prosecutor in
Baltimore.

Another early Mueller team member, Adam Jed, also withdrew from the case.
His status at the Justice Department was unclear.

Another federal prosecutor in Washington, Michael Marando, withdrew from
the case, and a fourth trial team member, Jonathan Kravis, resigned his
position as an assistant U.S. attorney.

/unquote

Similar story in the NY Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/11/us/politics/roger-stone-federal-prosecutors.html

quote:

Mr. Kravis, 42, said in a court filing on Tuesday afternoon that he had
resigned from his post at the Justice Department and therefore no longer
represents the government in this matter.

He worked in the U.S. Attorneys Office for the District of Columbia. Also,
he had been a trial attorney in the public integrity section of the Justice
Departments criminal division, according to his law school biography at
George Washington University, where he was listed as a professorial
lecturer.

/unquote

That last guy, Jonathan Kravis, seems to be the one who quit his job after
resigning from the case.

Then today we get word that Jesse Lui resigned, as you mentioned above.

It's **** show upon **** show in DC right now. The last 3 years were bad,
but it's a **** blizzard since the acquittal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

President Trump vowed to drain the Swamp...and he's doing exactly that.
MAGA Trump 2020
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Yes, but it is sad that so many good people got sucked into the
whirlpool. Some honest people with ethics got flushed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The truth is always welcomed. I Googled several time for prosecutors
resigning and the only hits I got were the media referring to the four
withdrawing from the case, not quitting their jobs. It's surprising
that so many media sources went with misleading headlines and didn't
make it clear that three withdrew from the case and one withdrew and
quit. And then Liu quit on Wed. All this could have been avoided
if Micky just supplied a link or at least a name. But he was right
and I apologize. Thanks for clearing it up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

All honest people with ethics, from what I see. Those are the ones that
Trump dislikes. The kind of people he praises are guys like Manafort,
a $60 mil tax cheat and money launderer. He says he admires him, because
he refused to cooperate with the govt investigators. And Roger Stone,
a longtime dirty trickster, convicted of multiple counts of lying to
Congress and making threats to intimidate other witnesses. He even
disobeyed the gag order the judge put in place and posted an image of
the judge with cross hairs online. Those are examples of the kind of
people Trump stands up for.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

When Micky claimed a prosecutor had resigned, I Googled several ways for
"prosecutor resigning" and all I saw were references to the four prosecutors
resigning from the case. Which was poor wording on the part of much of
the media, the headlines should have been withdrew from the case. But I
agree now that three withdrew, one withdrew by resigning their position.
And Liu, in charge of the office, resigned a day or two later. This
could have been avoided if Micky had provided a link or a name. But he
was right and I apologize.

And now Barr delivered that scorching, unprecedented rebuke to Trump.
That's the end of him being Trump's guy and Trump must be boiling over
about now with rage. Where will it spill over? Will he fire Barr
or nuke KJU? The latter isn't just a joke, with a president like this
with obvious serious moral and mental problems, it's not a good thing.
Sadly the trumpets don't realize it. Hopefully the Democrats will
wind up with a reasonable candidate to solve the problem and give Trump
what he so richly deserves. But sadly, do you think that will be the
end of it? If Trump loses, I see him doing the usual, claiming voter
fraud, the media did it. And unlike all previous former presidents
who kept quiet or at the most made some very limited comments, I bet
the twitter **** storm will continue, unabated, dividing America,
disrupting our govt, as long as people will listen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Trump was asked about his biggest mistake and he said it was staff.
These people work for you and like in the military may make suggestions
but you have final word. He should not have retained all the left over
people he did and now he knows it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 05:56:25 -0500, tax-payer
wrote:

President Trump vowed to drain the Swamp...and he's doing exactly that.
MAGA Trump 2020

I give him credit for that. Look at all the criminals he's brought into his
tent before they get sent off to prison. He certainly has a knack for
getting the alligators to come crawling out of the swamp. Go Trump Go!
Let's get more of his folks out of the swamp and behind bars.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Trump seems to have an element of mob mentality, where loyalty to him is
Job 1. People who don't show the right amount of loyalty are bullied and
tossed under the bus. How does this guy have nearly 40% approval? Who are
those people?

Rhetorical questions, of course.

He frequently refers to 'dirty copy, liars, leakers, and flippers', all the
things he dislikes the most. He's referring, of course, to the honest
people who stand up for the rule of law. We've had bad Presidents before,
but not like this.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Trump 'knows all the best people'. Strangely, they seem to be all heading
toward the slammer. It's his way of draining the swamp.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I think a large part of it is many of those people listen exclusively
to the sources like Fox News and right wing radio talk shows. They
refuse to use mainstream sources and won't look at the best evidence,
which is what Trump actually said and did. And Fox and the right wing
bunch have gotten to the point where they explain away, spin, excuse
just about every damn thing Trump does. If a Democrat had gone to
NK, came back and said that they trust KJU, that they are sure he's
denuclearizing, that the threat from their nukes is over, you and I
know exactly what Fox, Hannity, Rush, etc would all be saying. They
would be calling it stupid, treasonous. Trump does it and they say
it's a great thing. Plenty more examples like that. I hear that and
I say, OMG, what a sad sack of BS. The trumpets apparently believe it.

He frequently refers to 'dirty copy, liars, leakers, and flippers', all the
things he dislikes the most. He's referring, of course, to the honest
people who stand up for the rule of law. We've had bad Presidents before,
but not like this.

+1

I knew if he was elected that he would do damage to the office. Trump
has no respect for the office, none at all. The damage now is extensive.
The remaining question is whether it can be undone and how long it
will take.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/14/2020 2:12 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:

[...]

When he was campaigning he did say he likes the uneducated people.

I was glad Hillary lost but did not vote for Trump. When he won I hoped
he would do a decent job but that did not work out. The 40% though are
just infatuated with him and his junior high rhetoric.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

ROFL. As if Trump inherited all, or even most of his staff and they
are the root of the problem. We call that the poor widdle Trump defense.
The truth is that the vast majority of the people that were allegedly
"problems", were hired by Trump and he assured us they were the very best
people. And by and large, they were at least qualified. But soon they
ran afoul of the orange clown and then they were just no good bums.
And alleged to be someone else's fault, with the vague "swamp" or
"deep state" being a convenient place to point the finger. But it's
TRUMP that picked these people, not some swamp. This is another example
of how Trump has completely gutted the GOP of all it's values, morals
and brains.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...resign ations

Priebus
Kelly - P's replacement
Nielsen
Bannon
Gorka
Flynn
McMaster
Bolton
McFarland
Spicer
Dubke
The Mooch - who could forget him!
Cohn
Navarro
Omarossa
Tillerson - who could forget her!
Sessions
Mattis

Those are just a sampling, most of the names that people would recognize.
They were all appointed by Trump. All this in just 3 years. What a ****
show. Thank you for another Trump teaching moment.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 4:28:37 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Kind of where I'm at. I knew he was an ahole, expected a **** show,
it was obvious from what he was doing during the campaign. But I too
hoped he might improve and grow into the job. So, what was his first
major move? Why to deny that Russia had meddled in the election,
to accept Putin's lies and to side with him over America. He vilified
the US intel agencies. He should have been impeached for that,
being Putin's puppet. And following through on that, acting on Putin's
lies are what got him impeached. And now, retaliating against those
that told the truth while he was acting on Putin's Ukraine lies
is going on right now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Mainly he was talking about people left over from the past
administration and in spite of what you think some of these are the ones
headed toward the slammer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

His leftovers seem to be fine. It's his new hires that seem to be heading
to the klink in surprising numbers. (He knows the best people, but still
hires criminals. Go figure.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Let's compare lists of people who have been convicted.

First, the Trump associates:

Michael Cohen - convicted and sentenced
Paul Manafort - convicted and sentenced
George Papadopoulos - convicted and sentenced
Richard Pinedo - convicted and sentenced
Alex van der Zwaan - convicted and sentenced
Rick Gates - convicted and sentenced
Roger Stone - convicted, awaiting sentencing
Mike Flynn - convicted, awaiting sentencing
13 Russian citizens - indicted, not yet convicted
12 Russian military intel officers - indicted, not yet convicted
Konstantin Kilimnik, Ukraine - indicted, not yet convicted

That's all I can think of offhand, just the higher profile criminals, and I
could be misremembering some of those details, so please make corrections
where needed.

Let's compare that list to your list of holdovers who have been convicted
of something. Who knows, I could be conveniently forgetting a whole bunch
of bad actors.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 20:44:19 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 14 Feb 2020 13:25:32 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

Like Kellyanne Conway's husband says, it's a **** show within a dumpster
fire, or vice versa. I can't remember now and don't want to look it up.

It's interesting that he feels obliged to speak up. With so many people
complaining about Stumpie, one fewer wouldn't matter much, and it seems
he's endangering his marriage. Either she agrees with him (really hard
to believe, given what she says at work) or their marriage isn't worth
much (possible) or she's incredibly tolerant (which would by definition
be unbelievable).

I don't subscribe to the idea that a married couple needs to speak with one
voice on political matters. I commend the Conway couple for having the
courage of their convictions and for speaking up for what they believe.
Interestingly, Kellyanne used to say some pretty harsh things about Trump
before she went to work for him, but that's her option.

Another example of a high profile couple with visibly different political
views is that of James Carville and Mary Matalin. Those two used to shout
and argue like cats and dogs on TV, then presumably they'd go home together
in the same car. He's a Democrat while she's a Republican.

Chester James Carville Jr. is an American political commentator, media
personality, and lawyer who is a prominent figure in the Democratic Party.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Carville

"Mary Joe Matalin is an American political consultant well known for her
work with the Republican Party. She has served under President Ronald
Reagan, was campaign director for George H. W. Bush, was an assistant to
President George W. Bush, and counselor to Vice President Dick Cheney until
2003."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Matalin

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Disagreeing is one thing, but IDK how a marriage can survive a spouse
frequently blasting the guy the other spouse works for.

Another example of a high profile couple with visibly different political
views is that of James Carville and Mary Matalin. Those two used to shout
and argue like cats and dogs on TV, then presumably they'd go home together
in the same car. He's a Democrat while she's a Republican.

It's a bit different there. They are both political consultants, it's
the job of each of them to represent their clients.
George Conway is just a lawyer, it's not his job to work for the other
side. And AFAIK, neither of them worked for a president in office.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Like Kellyanne Conway's husband says, it's a **** show within a dumpster
fire, or vice versa. I can't remember now and don't want to look it up.

It's interesting that he feels obliged to speak up. With so many people
complaining about Stumpie, one fewer wouldn't matter much, and it seems
he's endangering his marriage. Either she agrees with him (really hard
to believe, given what she says at work) or their marriage isn't worth
much (possible) or she's incredibly tolerant (which would by definition
be unbelievable).

I don't subscribe to the idea that a married couple needs to speak with one
voice on political matters.

Neither do I but this is such an extreme example.

I commend the Conway couple for having the
courage of their convictions and for speaking up for what they believe.
Interestingly, Kellyanne used to say some pretty harsh things about Trump
before she went to work for him, but that's her option.

That would be my option 1, she agrees with her husband. Maybe she
thinks he's doing penance for her sins.

Another example of a high profile couple with visibly different political
views is that of James Carville and Mary Matalin. Those two used to shout
and argue like cats and dogs on TV, then presumably they'd go home together
in the same car. He's a Democrat while she's a Republican.

Chester James Carville Jr. is an American political commentator, media
personality, and lawyer who is a prominent figure in the Democratic Party.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Carville

"Mary Joe Matalin is an American political consultant well known for her
work with the Republican Party. She has served under President Ronald
Reagan, was campaign director for George H. W. Bush, was an assistant to
President George W. Bush, and counselor to Vice President Dick Cheney until
2003."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Matalin

But neither of their employers were being attacked and neither of their
jobs were in danger.

Plus after each of their TV arguments they could have make-up sex.

I also have a friend, a liberal who at age 55 married a conservative
about 10 years older than she. They get along well. .
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

She's really good at taking a question and pivoting to something else
entirely. A typical husband/wife argument must be tough for George to win.

Another example of a high profile couple with visibly different political
views is that of James Carville and Mary Matalin. Those two used to shout
and argue like cats and dogs on TV, then presumably they'd go home together
in the same car. He's a Democrat while she's a Republican.

It's a bit different there. They are both political consultants, it's
the job of each of them to represent their clients.
George Conway is just a lawyer, it's not his job to work for the other
side. And AFAIK, neither of them worked for a president in office.

True, but that was the best example I could think of at the time.