Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Questions about water pumped central heating design

On Tue, 04 Feb 2020 01:37:30 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0ffun8hwwdg98l@glass...
On Tue, 04 Feb 2020 00:26:38 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0ffp9te2wdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 03 Feb 2020 23:12:50 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"devnull" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Feb 2020 18:43:11 -0000, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,

says...

Car radiators are always rust free

They arent stainless steel.

(well they are on all the cars I've had recently, I think my
Rover
made in
1988 rusted through, but Rover were ****). But then they don't
make
the
****ing exhausts rust free!

At one time General motors had a problem with the radiator rusting
through and leaking into the cooler for the transmission..

GM sux. My friend's mother bought a brand new one. 6 months later,
the
hood rusted (bad painting at the factory). 6 months after that, the
engine seized (bad tolerances in the pistons at manufacture).

Friends don't let friends drive junk. Why did you let them buy a GM?

No one takes any notice of what he says, for a reason.

At the time I had a Rover, so I doubt he would have listened to me.

And he wouldn't regardless of what car you had at the time, for a reason.

Believe me, he's pretty thick. He'd listen.

You said in another post, to ed from memory,
that he is GM obsessed and wouldn't listen to
any suggestion of anything else.

If I'd had a Ferrari he would have listened.

I should have listened to my dad's advice and got the diesel Ford
Sierra. But the Rover had very low mileage. Same stupid mistake I made
buying this Renault.

Yep, in both cases the previous owner
had realised it was a steaming turd with
wheels and had dumped it very quickly.

It's the big risk with very low mileage almost
new cars, there is much more likely to be
something really bad about the design that
sees some chose to wear the big loss on
the price because its so bad.

Corse there are also a few whose personal
circumstances change dramatically like they
are offered a job out of the country etc and
a few that really wanted a Mustang and got
given a Rover instead, but that's rare.

Good reason to buy cheap, then it doesn't matter so much if it breaks. I actually made a profit on a Peugeot once, I used it for 2 years then sold it for 50% more than I bought it for.

Actually the car I had after the Rover was a petrol Ford Sierra and I
don't think I replaced anything but tyres, brake pads, and wiper blades on
it for the 5 years I owned it.

Was it a turbo ? They had some problems with those.

Nope, just a 1.6 petrol with a carburettor. Good at everything except snow, as it was rear wheel drive and slid about like crazy.

Only sold it to get a faster Mondeo.

? Still, it's now almost entirely new parts

But still a steaming turd with wheels.

It does not steam, the temperature is fine. (Unusual for a Renault)

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

newsp.0fjh76rgwdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

But you didn't so he wouldn't have.

I should have listened to my dad's advice and got the diesel Ford
Sierra. But the Rover had very low mileage. Same stupid mistake I
made
buying this Renault.

Yep, in both cases the previous owner
had realised it was a steaming turd with
wheels and had dumped it very quickly.

It's the big risk with very low mileage almost
new cars, there is much more likely to be
something really bad about the design that
sees some chose to wear the big loss on
the price because its so bad.

Corse there are also a few whose personal
circumstances change dramatically like they
are offered a job out of the country etc and
a few that really wanted a Mustang and got
given a Rover instead, but that's rare.

Good reason to buy cheap,

Nope, because its much more likely to be a
steaming turd with wheels that is such a steaming
turd with wheels that they know only fools like you
would be stupid enough to buy it.

then it doesn't matter so much if it breaks.

It isnt just breaks, its also a steaming turd with wheels.

I actually made a profit on a Peugeot once, I used it for 2 years then
sold it for 50% more than I bought it for.

Sure, but you waste your time driving a steaming turd with wheels.

Not all of us are such desperate povs that
they need every dollar/pound they can get.

Actually the car I had after the Rover was a petrol Ford Sierra and I
don't think I replaced anything but tyres, brake pads, and wiper blades
on
it for the 5 years I owned it.

Was it a turbo ? They had some problems with those.

Nope, just a 1.6 petrol with a carburettor. Good at everything except
snow, as it was rear wheel drive and slid about like crazy.

Yeah, my dad had a Zephyr for years and then
an Opel. Quite viable cars but nothing special.
Forget which one had the gearbox problem
but it wasn't anything major, just a nuisance
on a decent sized trip that took an hour or
two to fix.

Only sold it to get a faster Mondeo.

? Still, it's now almost entirely new parts

But still a steaming turd with wheels.

It does not steam, the temperature is fine. (Unusual for a Renault)

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 6 Feb 2020 12:17:26 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two clinically insane sociopathic assholes' latest troll****

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rodent Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rodent: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rodent: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rodent Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rodent Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Was the word "if" too complicated for you?

[...]

The less you pay, the less it annoys you when it breaks.

then it doesn't matter so much if it breaks.

It isnt just breaks, its also a steaming turd with wheels.

Same thing.

I actually made a profit on a Peugeot once, I used it for 2 years then
sold it for 50% more than I bought it for.

Sure, but you waste your time driving a steaming turd with wheels.

Not all of us are such desperate povs that
they need every dollar/pound they can get.

Just how long did you keep your Golf?

Actually the car I had after the Rover was a petrol Ford Sierra and I
don't think I replaced anything but tyres, brake pads, and wiper blades
on
it for the 5 years I owned it.

Was it a turbo ? They had some problems with those.

Nope, just a 1.6 petrol with a carburettor. Good at everything except
snow, as it was rear wheel drive and slid about like crazy.

Yeah, my dad had a Zephyr for years and then
an Opel. Quite viable cars but nothing special.
Forget which one had the gearbox problem
but it wasn't anything major, just a nuisance
on a decent sized trip that took an hour or
two to fix.

Only car I've ever had a gearbox problem on was a Renault Espace. It actually fell off as I pulled out of a junction. Funnily enough, there was a garage on that junction. I walked over to the mechanic and told him. We pushed it into his garage and he bolted it back on.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

newsp.0fkv07t5wdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

The if was never going to happen.

[...]

Still enough to annoy anyone who isnt stupid.

then it doesn't matter so much if it breaks.

It isnt just breaks, its also a steaming turd with wheels.

Same thing.

Still enough to annoy anyone who isnt stupid.

I actually made a profit on a Peugeot once, I used it for 2 years then
sold it for 50% more than I bought it for.

Sure, but you waste your time driving a steaming turd with wheels.

Not all of us are such desperate povs that
they need every dollar/pound they can get.

Just how long did you keep your Golf?

45 years, but that had nothing to do with being a desperate pov.

It kept working fine with few repairs needed, just a
new alternator diode pack and an indicator solenoid.

Actually the car I had after the Rover was a petrol Ford Sierra and I
don't think I replaced anything but tyres, brake pads, and wiper
blades
on
it for the 5 years I owned it.

Was it a turbo ? They had some problems with those.

Nope, just a 1.6 petrol with a carburettor. Good at everything except
snow, as it was rear wheel drive and slid about like crazy.

Yeah, my dad had a Zephyr for years and then
an Opel. Quite viable cars but nothing special.
Forget which one had the gearbox problem
but it wasn't anything major, just a nuisance
on a decent sized trip that took an hour or
two to fix.

Only car I've ever had a gearbox problem on was a Renault Espace.

I forget what the problem was, likely just an external
linkage problem with a fix as quick as that.

It actually fell off as I pulled out of a junction. Funnily enough, there
was a garage on that junction. I walked over to the mechanic and told
him. We pushed it into his garage and he bolted it back on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 05:45 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER THREE HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 05:45:34 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile troll****

05:45??? LOL So I was right: this will be yet another LONG, LONELY,
SLEEPLESS NIGHT for you, you senile asshole troll!

cretin from Oz: