Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Will this tool break up a blig blob of cement/concrete?

Got any neighborhood kids?

Post a message, FB or whatever they use. $20 says you can't break this chunk in less than 30 minutes. All pieces must fit in a one gallon bucket. $2 extra per minute under 30.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Clare, what are box stalls?

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 4 Feb 2020 08:25:55 -0800 (PST), TimR
wrote:

Got any neighborhood kids?

Post a message, FB or whatever they use. $20 says you can't break this chunk in less than 30 minutes. All pieces must fit in a one gallon bucket. $2 extra per minute under 30.

N'hood kids are a good idea.

And the incentive idea is good.

OTOH, alas, I won't be able to make the bystanders wear goggles and I'll
be liable when a piece of cement flies into someone's eye.

And I can't let them use the power drill.

But I've got other chores kids could do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Got any neighborhood kids?

Post a message, FB or whatever they use. $20 says you can't break this chunk in less than 30 minutes. All pieces must fit in a one gallon bucket. $2 extra per minute under 30.

N'hood kids are a good idea.

And the incentive idea is good.

OTOH, alas, I won't be able to make the bystanders wear goggles and I'll
be liable when a piece of cement flies into someone's eye.

And I can't let them use the power drill.

But I've got other chores kids could do.

Dig hole next to it.

Tip concrete into the hole.

Problem solved.

Oh wait, now we have a pile of dirt. Okay, dig another hole. Throw dirt into it.

Problem solved.

Oh wait..................
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Got any neighborhood kids?

Post a message, FB or whatever they use. $20 says you can't break this chunk in less than 30 minutes. All pieces must fit in a one gallon bucket. $2 extra per minute under 30.

N'hood kids are a good idea.

And the incentive idea is good.

OTOH, alas, I won't be able to make the bystanders wear goggles and I'll
be liable when a piece of cement flies into someone's eye.

And I can't let them use the power drill.

But I've got other chores kids could do.

Dig hole next to it.

Tip concrete into the hole.

Problem solved.

Oh wait, now we have a pile of dirt. Okay, dig another hole. Throw dirt into it.

Problem solved.

Oh wait..................

Or just rake the dirt out and let nature take it away.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 19:39:25 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Wasn't there a movie where they solved this problem by filling their
pockets with dirt, then slowly letting it fall down inside their pant legs
as they walked around the prison compound. Stalag 17?

The 'Great Escape'.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

In article ,
says...

Wasn't there a movie where they solved this problem by filling their
pockets with dirt, then slowly letting it fall down inside their pant legs
as they walked around the prison compound. Stalag 17?

The 'Great Escape'.

Thanks!

I think in Stalag 17, they stored a lot in the rafters of their
building.

IIRC that movie led to Hogan's Heroes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

In article ,
says...

Wasn't there a movie where they solved this problem by filling their
pockets with dirt, then slowly letting it fall down inside their pant legs
as they walked around the prison compound. Stalag 17?

The 'Great Escape'.

Thanks!

I think in Stalag 17, they stored a lot in the rafters of their
building.

IIRC that movie led to Hogan's Heroes.

I've queued up both The Great Escape and Stalag 17 for my next movie night.
As I recall, both are excellent.

Hogan's Heroes is also one of my favorites, although I'm currently in
burnout mode. MEtv has been airing two episodes every weeknight for as many
years as I can remember, so I've pretty much got the dialog down pat by
now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 12:02:00 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:

Hogan's Heroes is also one of my favorites, although I'm currently in
burnout mode. MEtv has been airing two episodes every weeknight for as many
years as I can remember, so I've pretty much got the dialog down pat by
now.

Weirdly, when we lived in Germany, Hogan's Heroes played daily on one of the local German channels. Dubbed of course.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 12:20:25 -0800 (PST), TimR wrote:

On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 12:02:00 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:

Hogan's Heroes is also one of my favorites, although I'm currently in
burnout mode. MEtv has been airing two episodes every weeknight for as many
years as I can remember, so I've pretty much got the dialog down pat by
now.

Weirdly, when we lived in Germany, Hogan's Heroes played daily on one of the local German channels. Dubbed of course.

When I lived over there, the only TV we watched was a tiny bit of AFN/AFRTS
to get American shows, commercial free, and on Sunday evenings RTL
Luxembourg had a game show where the women frequently ended up topless. We
had no idea how the game worked but the results were good.

Two of my sisters have been living in Germany for 40+ years now. If I think
of it, the next time I talk to either of them I'll have to ask if they've
seen Hogan's Heroes.