DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Crawlspace: layer of sand under vapor barrier? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/644053-re-crawlspace-layer-sand-under-vapor-barrier.html)

TweakyNerd January 29th 20 04:14 PM

Crawlspace: layer of sand under vapor barrier?

replying to HerHusband, TweakyNerd wrote:
Anthony, after I had crawl space repair and saw that water was pooling under
the brand new vapor barrier, I shocked that putting down a layer of pea gravel
BEFORE adding the pea gravel was never suggested! I starting researching to
find others who did put pea gravel under gravel and was glad to find your
comment. Question: how long ago did you add the pea gravel and how well has
it held up??

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-463661-.htm

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] January 29th 20 04:22 PM

On 1/29/2020 11:14 AM, TweakyNerd wrote:
replying to HerHusband, TweakyNerd wrote:
Anthony, after I had crawl space repair and saw that water was pooling
under
the brand new vapor barrier, I shocked that putting down a layer of pea
gravel
BEFORE adding the pea gravel was never suggested!Â* I starting
researching to
find others who did put pea gravel under gravel and was glad to find your
comment.Â* Question:Â* how long ago did you add the pea gravel and how
well has
it held up??

Replying to a 17 year old post may not get you an answer. Maybe you'll
get lucky and the OP will check back in on the 20th anniversary of the
first message.

mrbuilder August 11th 20 12:44 PM

Crawlspace: layer of sand under vapor barrier?

replying to Ed Pawlowski, mrbuilder wrote:
Its coming up. Just a few more years and we can find out. Looking forward to
the anniversary!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-463661-.htm