DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Scafflin (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/643897-scafflin.html)

Terry Coombs[_2_] January 26th 20 06:41 PM

Scafflin

Â*Cain't afford to buy none , shurinhell ain't studyin' on hangin' 600
sq ft of wood plank ceiling offa ladders so ... 2x4's , 2x8's and 1x4's
will soon become the frames . braces , and walk boards for this project
.. The ends are 6' tall and 3' wide with the top crosspiece at 4'6" ,
which will be just right for my height and the ceiling height . I may
wish I'd made them 4' wide by the time i get to the top , if they feel
unstable I'll screw a longer piece of 2x4 across the legs to widen the
base . So much for layin' around all winter gettin' fat !

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

[email protected] January 26th 20 10:01 PM

Scafflin

On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 12:41:37 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

Â*Cain't afford to buy none , shurinhell ain't studyin' on hangin' 600
sq ft of wood plank ceiling offa ladders so ... 2x4's , 2x8's and 1x4's
will soon become the frames . braces , and walk boards for this project
. The ends are 6' tall and 3' wide with the top crosspiece at 4'6" ,
which will be just right for my height and the ceiling height . I may
wish I'd made them 4' wide by the time i get to the top , if they feel
unstable I'll screw a longer piece of 2x4 across the legs to widen the
base . So much for layin' around all winter gettin' fat !

You can rent that stuff

Terry Coombs[_2_] January 26th 20 10:23 PM

Scafflin

wrote:

Â*Cain't afford to buy none , shurinhell ain't studyin' on hangin' 600
sq ft of wood plank ceiling offa ladders so ... 2x4's , 2x8's and 1x4's
will soon become the frames . braces , and walk boards for this project
. The ends are 6' tall and 3' wide with the top crosspiece at 4'6" ,
which will be just right for my height and the ceiling height . I may
wish I'd made them 4' wide by the time i get to the top , if they feel
unstable I'll screw a longer piece of 2x4 across the legs to widen the
base . So much for layin' around all winter gettin' fat !

You can rent that stuff

Â*Not here ... this is a town of just over 4,000 permanent residents a
hundred miles from everywhere . Much cheaper to build what I need than
rentÂ* - and I'll still have it when the job is done . This house ain't
finished yet , I'll need them again .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old