DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   TRUEHEAT Glass Doors (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/643616-re-trueheat-glass-doors.html)

Doug Ables January 16th 20 03:14 AM

TRUEHEAT Glass Doors

replying to badaczewski, Doug Ables wrote:
If you are still interested we may be able to help you. We are chimney sweeps
and have a supplier who makes glass doors to fit most older units. You might
want to reconsider though as the lifetime of these builder grade fireplaces is
20-25 years and the company went out of business in the 80's probably. If not
used much it may be ok but what is dangerous is the areas that you can't see
as the chimney is hidden in the wall

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ors-72875-.htm

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] January 16th 20 04:29 AM

TRUEHEAT Glass Doors

On 1/15/2020 10:14 PM, Doug Ables wrote:
replying to badaczewski, Doug Ables wrote:
If you are still interested we may be able to help you. We are chimney
sweeps
and have a supplier who makes glass doors to fit most older units. You
might
want to reconsider though as the lifetime of these builder grade
fireplaces is
20-25 years and the company went out of business in the 80's probably.
If not
used much it may be ok but what is dangerous is the areas that you can't
see
as the chimney is hidden in the wall

Too late. His house burned down 15 years ago when the fireplace let out
some sparks. Complete loss, it was bulldozed and made into a park and
now a lot of gerbils have built nests there.