Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OVEN WIRING

WE ARE REMODELING THE KITCHEN AND THE EXISTING WIRE IS NM-B 4/2 . IT IS 2 FT
TOO SHORT FOR THE NEW DOUBLE OVENS THE KW RATING IS 240V 8.9kW OR 208 6.7 kW
40 AMP BREAKER WHAT SIZE WIRE SHOULD i HAVE ?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...g-1206592-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/11/2020 12:44 PM, BURNER1 wrote:
WE ARE REMODELING THE KITCHEN AND THE EXISTING WIRE IS NM-B 4/2 . IT IS
2 FT
TOO SHORT FOR THE NEW DOUBLE OVENSÂ* THE KW RATING IS 240V 8.9kWÂ* OR 208
6.7 kW 40 AMP BREAKER WHAT SIZE WIRE SHOULD i HAVE ?

Your wife gimme good head.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/11/2020 2:44 PM, BURNER1 wrote:
WE ARE REMODELING THE KITCHEN AND THE EXISTING WIRE IS NM-B 4/2 . IT IS
2 FT
TOO SHORT FOR THE NEW DOUBLE OVENSÂ* THE KW RATING IS 240V 8.9kWÂ* OR 208
6.7 kW 40 AMP BREAKER WHAT SIZE WIRE SHOULD i HAVE ?

40A breaker is #8, 50A #6. If rewiring the circuit, I'd suggest going
the larger (#6) for the possible decision down the road to have a 50A
appliance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/11/20 3:07 PM, dpb wrote:
On 1/11/2020 2:44 PM, BURNER1 wrote:
WE ARE REMODELING THE KITCHEN AND THE EXISTING WIRE IS NM-B 4/2 . IT
IS 2 FT
TOO SHORT FOR THE NEW DOUBLE OVENSÂ* THhaTE KW RATING IS 240V 8.9kWÂ* OR
208 6.7 kW 40 AMP BREAKER WHAT SIZE WIRE SHOULD i HAVE ?

40A breaker is #8, 50A #6.Â* If rewiring the circuit, I'd suggest going
the larger (#6) for the possible decision down the road to have a 50A
appliance.

Is that only 3 conductor? No equipment ground?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/11/2020 12:44 PM, BURNER1 wrote:
WE ARE REMODELING THE KITCHEN AND THE EXISTING WIRE IS NM-B 4/2 . IT IS
2 FT
TOO SHORT FOR THE NEW DOUBLE OVENSÂ* THE KW RATING IS 240V 8.9kWÂ* OR 208
6.7 kW 40 AMP BREAKER WHAT SIZE WIRE SHOULD i HAVE ?

Sometimes I like to shock my balls with high voltage.
I know, it's weird.

Posted to alt.home.repair
% % is offline

On 2020-01-11 2:25 p.m., Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 1/11/2020 12:44 PM, BURNER1 wrote:
WE ARE REMODELING THE KITCHEN AND THE EXISTING WIRE IS NM-B 4/2 . IT
IS 2 FT
TOO SHORT FOR THE NEW DOUBLE OVENSÂ* THE KW RATING IS 240V 8.9kWÂ* OR
208 6.7 kW 40 AMP BREAKER WHAT SIZE WIRE SHOULD i HAVE ?

Sometimes I like to shock my balls with high voltage.
I know, it's weird.

i like to leave a drop of **** on my dick after ****ing ,
and then touching the tip with the battery charger for the car ,
intermittent bliss
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, January 11, 2020 at 4:18:37 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 1/11/20 3:07 PM, dpb wrote:
On 1/11/2020 2:44 PM, BURNER1 wrote:
WE ARE REMODELING THE KITCHEN AND THE EXISTING WIRE IS NM-B 4/2 . IT
IS 2 FT
TOO SHORT FOR THE NEW DOUBLE OVENSÂ* THhaTE KW RATING IS 240V 8.9kWÂ* OR
208 6.7 kW 40 AMP BREAKER WHAT SIZE WIRE SHOULD i HAVE ?

40A breaker is #8, 50A #6.Â* If rewiring the circuit, I'd suggest going
the larger (#6) for the possible decision down the road to have a 50A
appliance.

Is that only 3 conductor? No equipment ground?

And/or neutral? You can generally install new ovens to an existing
circuit that has a shared neutral and ground, but the poster said 4/2
which implies just two conductors?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/11/20 3:07 PM, dpb wrote:
On 1/11/2020 2:44 PM, BURNER1 wrote:
WE ARE REMODELING THE KITCHEN AND THE EXISTING WIRE IS NM-B 4/2 . IT
IS 2 FT
TOO SHORT FOR THE NEW DOUBLE OVENSÂ* THhaTE KW RATING IS 240V 8.9kWÂ* OR
208 6.7 kW 40 AMP BREAKER WHAT SIZE WIRE SHOULD i HAVE ?

40A breaker is #8, 50A #6.Â* If rewiring the circuit, I'd suggest going
the larger (#6) for the possible decision down the road to have a 50A
appliance.

Is that only 3 conductor? No equipment ground?

And/or neutral? You can generally install new ovens to an existing
circuit that has a shared neutral and ground, but the poster said 4/2
which implies just two conductors?

It was never legal to have an un insulated neutral unless it was type
SE, a loophole I never understood. NM-b is not legal unless there is
no neutral load at all (no light, no clock/timer). Just the fact that
he says #4 makes me wonder if this is aluminum and if so, there is a
fair chance it is actually type SE. That was pretty common up until
1996 code cycle when the 3 wire thing was tossed on new construction.
Adoption lagged that in most places by up to a decade.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/11/20 3:07 PM, dpb wrote:
[...]

What do you think about the breaker size? An online calculator
put the
load at 37 amps.

46.25 minimum circuit ampacity. (37 * 1.25)
He can still use the 40a breaker but the wire needs to be rated at
125% of nameplate load.
That is 6ga copper in the 60c column. That is why I suggested it might
be aluminum since it is #4.