DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   H P envy 5660 printer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/642921-h-p-envy-5660-printer.html)

[email protected] December 22nd 19 11:31 AM

H P envy 5660 printer

The printer works fine for most things except p' rinting pictures from an SDI card. all copies come out pink. I put in new ink-clean the print heads but they still are pink. Is it worth it to have it repaired or just get a new one?

Bob[_96_] December 22nd 19 11:59 AM

H P envy 5660 printer

On 12/22/19 6:31 AM, wrote:
The printer works fine for most things except p' rinting pictures from an SDI card. all copies come out pink. I put in new ink-clean the print heads but they still are pink. Is it worth it to have it repaired or just get a new one?

How much would it cost to repair a $99 printer?

trader_4 December 22nd 19 01:46 PM

H P envy 5660 printer

On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 6:59:11 AM UTC-5, Bob wrote:
On 12/22/19 6:31 AM, wrote:
The printer works fine for most things except p' rinting pictures from an SDI card. all copies come out pink. I put in new ink-clean the print heads but they still are pink. Is it worth it to have it repaired or just get a new one?

How much would it cost to repair a $99 printer?

+1

Also, what does the poster mean by it works fine for most things?
The same color pics sent from a PC to the printer come out OK, but from
an SD card, inserted into the printer they come out all pink?
That would be very strange. Assume they mean SD card, never heard of
an SDI card.

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] December 22nd 19 04:31 PM

H P envy 5660 printer

On 12/22/2019 6:31 AM, wrote:
The printer works fine for most things except p' rinting pictures from an SDI card. all copies come out pink. I put in new ink-clean the print heads but they still are pink. Is it worth it to have it repaired or just get a new one?

Cost more to fix than replace. I'd transfer the files from the card to
the computer and print from there. I assume you tried a different card
to to be sure it is the printer and not the card.

Ralph Mowery December 22nd 19 04:54 PM

H P envy 5660 printer

In article , says...
The printer works fine for most things except p' rinting pictures from an SDI card. all copies come out pink. I put in new ink-clean the print heads but they still are pink. Is it worth it to have it repaired or just get a new one?

Cost more to fix than replace. I'd transfer the files from the card to
the computer and print from there. I assume you tried a different card
to to be sure it is the printer and not the card.

Unless you can repair things yourself, most anything under $ 500 is not
worth having it repaired. Most places would not even look at things for
under $ 100 to start with. Then if the item is very old, it may have
other issues that will shortly show up.

I don't know anything about that printer, but does it have a way to set
up for color correction. Are you sure it is the SD card or could it be
whatever is used to get the pictures on the card.

Bod F[_4_] December 22nd 19 06:18 PM

H P envy 5660 printer

On 12/22/2019 6:31 AM, wrote:
The printer works fine for most things except p' rinting pictures from an SDI card. all copies come out pink. I put in new ink-clean the print heads but they still are pink. Is it worth it to have it repaired or just get a new one?

If you have an ultrasonic cleaner, drop the print heads into the tank with a 50/50 mixture of iso alcohol and water.

trader_4 December 22nd 19 06:53 PM

H P envy 5660 printer

On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 1:18:54 PM UTC-5, Bod F wrote:
On 12/22/2019 6:31 AM, wrote:
The printer works fine for most things except p' rinting pictures from an SDI card. all copies come out pink. I put in new ink-clean the print heads but they still are pink. Is it worth it to have it repaired or just get a new one?

If you have an ultrasonic cleaner, drop the print heads into the tank with a 50/50 mixture of iso alcohol and water.

He is saying that it prints OK, except from an SD card. At least that's
what I think he's saying. In which case, it's not the print heads.
But who knows, not a lot of info. Like can he print the same pic from
a PC that's on the SD card? If so, very odd.

Short of a new printer, typically things get on an SD card from
something like a smartphone. If so, he could use one of the automated
drives in the sky, sync the phone to it and then print from the PC.
Standalone cameras, I would think recent ones would have wifi and similar
capability too.

Jeff Hickling December 22nd 19 07:14 PM

H P envy 5660 printer

On 12/22/2019 8:31 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/22/2019 6:31 AM, wrote:
The printer works fine for most things exceptÂ* p' rinting pictures
from an SDI card. all copies come out pink. I put in new ink-clean the
print heads but they still are pink. Is it worth it to have it
repaired or just get a new one?

Cost more to fix than replace.Â* I'd transfer the files from the card to
the computer and print from there.Â* I assume you tried a different card
to to be sure it is the printer and not the card.

Are you talking about a postcard, dumbass?

devnull[_5_] December 22nd 19 08:07 PM

H P envy 5660 printer

On 12/22/2019 6:31 AM, wrote:
[...]

Hey herb, you wanna clarify the problem for us?

\[email protected] December 22nd 19 08:27 PM

H P envy 5660 printer

On 12/22/19 6:31 AM, wrote:
The printer works fine for most things except p' rinting pictures from an SDI card. all copies come out pink. I put in new ink-clean the print heads but they still are pink. Is it worth it to have it repaired or just get a new one?

Were the pics on the SD card created by a scanner ?

I had a desktop scanner that went bad when all scans started to come out
with a green tint to them.

% December 22nd 19 08:35 PM

H P envy 5660 printer

On 2019-12-22 1:27 p.m., wrote:
On 12/22/19 6:31 AM, wrote:
The printer works fine for most things exceptÂ* p' rinting pictures
from an SDI card. all copies come out pink. I put in new ink-clean the
print heads but they still are pink. Is it worth it to have it
repaired or just get a new one?

Were the pics on the SD card created by a scanner ?

I had a desktop scanner that went bad when all scans started to come out
with a green tint to them.

get a 3D printer they're great

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] December 22nd 19 09:10 PM

H P envy 5660 printer

On 12/22/2019 6:31 AM, wrote:
The printer works fine for most things exceptÂ* p' rinting pictures
from an SDI card. all copies come out pink. I put in new ink-clean
the print heads but they still are pink. Is it worth it to have it
repaired or just get a new one?

Cost more to fix than replace.Â* I'd transfer the files from the card
to the computer and print from there.Â* I assume you tried a different
card to to be sure it is the printer and not the card.

Are you talking about a postcard, dumbass?

Does your mommy know you are playing on her computer again?

micky December 22nd 19 10:42 PM

H P envy 5660 printer

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 22 Dec 2019 03:31:39 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

The printer works fine for most things except p' rinting pictures from an SDI card. all copies come out pink.

I put in new ink-clean the print heads but they still are pink. Is it
worth it to have it repaired or just get a new one?

Can't you just copy from the SD to an HDD and print from there?

micky December 22nd 19 10:45 PM

H P envy 5660 printer

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 22 Dec 2019 13:35:05 -0700, %

On 2019-12-22 1:27 p.m., wrote:
On 12/22/19 6:31 AM, wrote:
The printer works fine for most things except* p' rinting pictures
from an SDI card. all copies come out pink. I put in new ink-clean the
print heads but they still are pink. Is it worth it to have it
repaired or just get a new one?

Were the pics on the SD card created by a scanner ?

I had a desktop scanner that went bad when all scans started to come out
with a green tint to them.

get a 3D printer they're great

Get a big one and you can print houses with it.