DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Labels on my breaker box (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/642686-labels-my-breaker-box.html)

Jack December 12th 19 04:14 PM

Labels on my breaker box

I have a 15 breaker labeled CP and another 15 labeled TC. I can't figure out
what they go to all I know is it's downstairs. I'm a new homeowner.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...x-1204870-.htm

Scott Lurndal December 12th 19 04:29 PM

Labels on my breaker box

Jack m writes:
I have a 15 breaker labeled CP and another 15 labeled TC. I can't figure out
what they go to all I know is it's downstairs. I'm a new homeowner.

Do you have a trash compactor?

[email protected] December 12th 19 04:43 PM

Labels on my breaker box

On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 16:29:52 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Jack m writes:
I have a 15 breaker labeled CP and another 15 labeled TC. I can't figure out
what they go to all I know is it's downstairs. I'm a new homeowner.

Do you have a trash compactor?

Look for the hidden room
where the Cannabis Plants were grown .. :-)
John T.

Sam E December 12th 19 05:09 PM

Labels on my breaker box

On 12/12/19 10:14 AM, Jack wrote:
I have a 15 breaker labeled CP and another 15 labeled TC. I can't figure
out
what they go to all I know is it's downstairs.Â* I'm a new homeowner.

You could try turning them off (one at a time) and see what doesn't
work. If everything still works, you could leave them off.

--
13 days until the winter celebration (Wed, Dec 25, 2019 12:00:00 AM for
1 day).

"I almost feel like throwing Jimmy into the stove, as the priest in
Kulenberg did." [Martin Luther]

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] December 12th 19 07:54 PM

Labels on my breaker box

On 12/12/2019 11:14 AM, Jack wrote:
I have a 15 breaker labeled CP and another 15 labeled TC. I can't figure
out
what they go to all I know is it's downstairs.Â* I'm a new homeowner.

CP could be Control Panel? for an alarm system.

Or you may have the main breaker for the Canadian Pacific railroad.
Turn it off and see if trains stop.

TC could be trash compactor. Do you have one?

On a rainy Saturday when you have nothing to do, check out what braker
does what if the labels look at all confusing.

micky December 13th 19 05:16 AM

Labels on my breaker box

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 12 Dec 2019 14:54:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 12/12/2019 11:14 AM, Jack wrote:
I have a 15 breaker labeled CP and another 15 labeled TC. I can't figure
out
what they go to all I know is it's downstairs.* I'm a new homeowner.

CP could be Control Panel? for an alarm system.

Or you may have the main breaker for the Canadian Pacific railroad.
Turn it off and see if trains stop.

TC could be trash compactor. Do you have one?

On a rainy Saturday when you have nothing to do, check out what braker
does what if the labels look at all confusing.

Good advice, and mine are pretty well labeled by the original
electrician, I think, but in all these years, only one or two have ever
tripped, plus one or two I turned off to work on the circuit. I don't
really know what the others do.