Old December 2nd 19, 06:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Please face forward and hold the handrail

On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 08:38:00 -0500, Barb wrote:

On 12/2/2019 6:42 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 06:13:07 -0500, drain-the-swamp
wrote:

On 12/1/19 9:01 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 19:29:17 -0500, Barb wrote:

On 12/1/2019 6:53 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 12:00:35 -0700, rbowman wrote:

On 12/01/2019 08:32 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...
In courts here in Delaware if defendant is found against them blame is
apportioned. You do not sue for a dollar value but essentially for
damages. If it were determined that it was 90% her fault, as most here
would agree, she might recover 10% of the damages.

From my limited experence in NC traffic laws if even 1 percent of an
accident is your fault, then it is up to each driver to fix their own
car.
Say you are going down the road and decide to turn in a drive way,
there is a minimum distance where you are suppose to turn on the turn
signal. If someone rams you from behind, it is still partly your fault
if you did not signal atleast that far ahead of time.

Sounds like Mexican traffic law. Whoever is still at the scene when the
cops arrive is the party at fault.
One of my DC cop buddies said if they pulled up on a property damage
accident and anyone wanted them to write a report they were giving
everyone a ticket. Usually they decided they could deal with it
themselves.
And what if my insurance company requires an accident report? Are the fat ****ers too busy inhaling donuts?
You can file your own report with the police. There is no legal reason
for a cop to be there for property damage accidents. It is a civil
matter and if the cop didn't see it, he doesn't have much to add to
what you write. These guys stay pretty busy running real calls, they
don't want to be screwing with broken tail lights and bent fenders.
This not moving your car and waiting for the cop thing might work in
Mayberry but in the big city, they want you to get off the road if you
can and call a tow truck.
So if a taxpayer asks them to do the job they are paid to do, the taxpayer is threatened with a ticket?

Yah, the DC swamp needs to be drained.

It is more like the tax payer would rather have them running the 30-35
felony calls they get a day than screwing around with traffic
accidents that they really have no function in. Tell me again, what
does a cop who never saw a thing add to this civil problem between two
bad drivers?
You can bet your ass they are both blaming the other guy so why not
write them both tickets? Let the court sort it out.

Yet they always have time to hide in the bushes and wait for seat-belt scofflaws.

You were not going to see much of that in DC, at least not in the 80s
when I was there. The cops were booking 250 or 300 murders a year and
close to half went unsolved, they were working over 1000 armed
robberies a year along with the aggravated assaults, rapes and
miscellaneous "man with a gun" calls. The only traffic they worked was
fatal/serious injury accidents.

Old December 2nd 19, 08:16 PM posted to alt.home.repair

https://imgur.com/a/0OzKZz1
Old December 2nd 19, 08:53 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/2/2019 11:26 AM, fuxt wrote:

Maybe instead of the democrats wasting time and tax dollars on the Trump
witch-hunt, maybe the lazy slugs could create some better insurance laws
for the customers who pay the premiums?ツ* Or maybe the lazy elected slugs
could do something useful by policing the minor auto accidents?ツ* Or
maybe the insurance company should send an investigator out to the
accident if they want documentation?ツ* I know, wishful thinking.

So your car gets hit, now you want to wait for the insurance company to
send an investigator? Yeah, that makes sense.

Sometimes you need the police.
When I got hit the police came in minutes, three of them. No one hurt
but ambulance showed up too. Drunk lady that hit me was taken away in
handcuffs, I went to the station and gave a statement, report was
available for the insurance. Really easy.

Back in 1982 I hit a young lady on a bicycle and put her into the
windshield. Police established blame, had a witness, she was liable.
My insurance paid for my car because she had nothing to collect from but
they paid nothing for her medical bills. This was about 7:30 AM and she
was on her way home from a party when she turned right in front of me.
Old December 2nd 19, 08:59 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/2/2019 11:54 AM, Frank wrote:

One of our sons is an insurance company lawyer.ツ* I hear it from both
sides.ツ* Some people get a scratch on their car, they think they have won
the lottery.ツ* They bring in evidence of injuries for things like bad
backs which were bad before the accident.ツ* There are even shady doctors
that will lie for them.ツ* Ends up increasing cost of insurance for all of
us.

Right. I have no problem paying legitimate claims but it seems there
are huge payouts if you are willing to wear a neck brace for a few weeks.

Ever watch Judge Judy? She often asks the plaintiff where they work.
Often the answer is "I'm on disability" Seems to be a disproportionate
amount of people on disability looking for another payday.
Old December 2nd 19, 09:33 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/2/2019 2:53 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/2/2019 11:26 AM, fuxt wrote:

Maybe instead of the democrats wasting time and tax dollars on the
Trump witch-hunt, maybe the lazy slugs could create some better
insurance laws for the customers who pay the premiums?ツ* Or maybe the
lazy elected slugs could do something useful by policing the minor
auto accidents?ツ* Or maybe the insurance company should send an
investigator out to the accident if they want documentation?ツ* I know,
wishful thinking.

So your car gets hit, now you want to wait for the insurance company to
send an investigator?ツ* Yeah, that makes sense.

Sometimes you need the police.
When I got hit the police came in minutes, three of them.ツ* No one hurt
but ambulance showed up too.ツ* Drunk lady that hit me was taken away in
handcuffs, I went to the station and gave a statement, report was
available for the insurance.ツ* Really easy.

Back in 1982 I hit a young lady on a bicycle and put her into the
windshield.ツ* Police established blame, had a witness, she was liable. My
insurance paid for my car because she had nothing to collect from but
they paid nothing for her medical bills. This was about 7:30 AM and she
was on her way home from a party when she turned right in front of me.

I had an accident last year and found insurance company gets hosed by
others. We had to fight to get my car out of impound which was charging
them a high daily fee. Hospital was also double billing them. Whenever
there is a pile of money available the vultures start circling.

Old December 2nd 19, 09:33 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 12/2/2019 11:54 AM, Frank wrote:

One of our sons is an insurance company lawyer.ツ* I hear it from both
sides.ツ* Some people get a scratch on their car, they think they have won
the lottery.ツ* They bring in evidence of injuries for things like bad
backs which were bad before the accident.ツ* There are even shady doctors
that will lie for them.ツ* Ends up increasing cost of insurance for all of
us.

Right. I have no problem paying legitimate claims but it seems there
are huge payouts if you are willing to wear a neck brace for a few weeks.

Ever watch Judge Judy?

JJ is entertainment, nothing more. If you think the real world is anything
like JJ, then you're not thinking clearly. Even if, and it's a longshot,
anything they say on the program represents reality, it's a corner case,
not the normal.

It's sad that anyone would draw conclusions about their fellow americans
based on a really stupid TV show.
Old December 2nd 19, 10:27 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/2/2019 11:54 AM, Frank wrote:
On 12/2/2019 11:26 AM, fuxt wrote:
On 12/2/19 10:11 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
does a cop who never saw a thing add to this civil problem between two
bad drivers?
You can bet your ass they are both blaming the other guy so why not
write them both tickets? Let the court sort it out.

Yet they always have time to hide in the bushes and wait for seat-belt scofflaws.

Maybe insead of the city police just having general officers, they
should have a lower paid traffic devision where they just go around
handling traffic calls, and maybe spending the time where they are not
checking traffic patrolling shopping center parking lots looking for
other law breakers.

Due to insurance fraud, some insurance companies now demand documentation for even minor auto accidents.ツ* If you don't comply with their heavy-handed rules...no soup for you!

Maybe instead of the democrats wasting time and tax dollars on the Trump witch-hunt, maybe the lazy slugs could create some better insurance laws for the customers who pay the premiums? Or maybe the lazy elected slugs could do something useful by
policing the minor auto accidents?ツ* Or maybe the insurance company should send an investigator out to the accident if they want documentation?ツ* I know, wishful thinking.

One of our sons is an insurance company lawyer.ツ* I hear it from both sides.ツ* Some people get a scratch on their car, they think they have won the lottery.ツ* They bring in evidence of injuries for things like bad backs which were bad before the
accident.ツ* There are even shady doctors that will lie for them.ツ* Ends up increasing cost of insurance for all of us.

Yah, the US has a lot of welfare democrats so I imagine the insurance companies are the victims of a lot of fraud.

--
Get off my lawn!

Old December 2nd 19, 10:59 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/2/2019 3:33 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 12/2/2019 11:54 AM, Frank wrote:

One of our sons is an insurance company lawyer.テつ* I hear it from both
sides.テつ* Some people get a scratch on their car, they think they have won
the lottery.テつ* They bring in evidence of injuries for things like bad
backs which were bad before the accident.テつ* There are even shady doctors
that will lie for them.テつ* Ends up increasing cost of insurance for all of
us.

Right. I have no problem paying legitimate claims but it seems there
are huge payouts if you are willing to wear a neck brace for a few weeks.

Ever watch Judge Judy?

JJ is entertainment, nothing more. If you think the real world is anything
like JJ, then you're not thinking clearly. Even if, and it's a longshot,
anything they say on the program represents reality, it's a corner case,
not the normal.

It's sad that anyone would draw conclusions about their fellow americans
based on a really stupid TV show.

It may be entertainment but it still shows a trend. They were real
court cases before the show. Ehat is stupis is the number of people
that get away with crap like that.
Old December 2nd 19, 11:31 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski writes:
[...]

Actually, it doesn't show anything like a trend. Do you think
they would ever pick a boring case with no drama such as is the
reality of 99.9999% of court cases in the legal system? No, they
pick sensationalist cases that attract eyeballs; they're no different
than the National Inquirer or the Daily Mail; pure sensationalism.

You're taking selection bias to the extreme by applying anything
from that show to reality.
Old December 3rd 19, 12:16 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 12/2/2019 11:54 AM, Frank wrote:

One of our sons is an insurance company lawyer.テ窶堙つ* I hear it from both
sides.テ窶堙つ* Some people get a scratch on their car, they think they have won
the lottery.テ窶堙つ* They bring in evidence of injuries for things like bad
backs which were bad before the accident.テ窶堙つ* There are even shady doctors
that will lie for them.テ窶堙つ* Ends up increasing cost of insurance for all of
[...]

Sounds like MSNBC and CNN. They are just looking for ratings too,
trying to beat Fox. It is all "Entertainment TV" these days.