Johnson

Default OT Who reads this forum?

Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

Brad Bruce

Johnson wrote:
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

I'm a DIY homeowner. With 3 daughters it's sometimes nice to do
something to get away.....

Brad
Ray K

Retired aeronautical engineer.

Johnson wrote:

Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

chuck yerkes

Johnson wrote:

Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

hit men.

but we can't say which ones of us are.
sorry.
Edwin Pawlowski

"Johnson" wrote in message
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

I'm in manufacturing management (including the maintenance department) and
have been in various plants and many different aspects of making stuff.
When I worked for a company that made commercial heating and
air-conditioning products, I supervised a department that did metal
stamping, welding, brazing, fabrication, leak testing, etc. Moved to a
company that does plastics molding of packaging. There are a couple or
maintenance people and engineers in the family.

I've always done the DIY thing. My father was in maintenance and did
everything at home. Later in life, my step father was a builder. I had a
sideline business for storm windows, doors, siding etc. I've had a lot of
exposure to a lot of different aspects of home repair and fixing things in
general.

Some things do change though. As I am older (58) now, I'll pay $25 for an
oil change rather than crawl under the car. Last one I did was in 1991 and
it was a real PITA due to the filter location.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Stormin Mormon

41year old bachelor. 18 years in the locksmith field. 5 years refrigeration
and AC. 3 years as a HVAC installer.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Johnson" wrote in message
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

R.Smyth

I'm a retired Canadian journalist who likes to putter around on home
projects and to fix things. I find this is a good group with very little
flaming. I always get good advice and, on projects where I have had
experience, I'm happy to offer advice.

"Johnson" wrote in message
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

Paul Franklin

Electrical Engineering Manager.

Have always been a DIY'er; electrical, plumbing, carpentry, you name
it. Also an avid woodworker. Closer to the big five-oh than I like to
think about... I've noticed over the years that a lot of engineers are
DIY'ers and woodworkers.

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 00:49:35 GMT, "Johnson" wrote:

Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

Jarkat2002

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

I'm a stay at home mom w/ 2 kids and a husband who is incredibly intelligent,
but not necessarily handy w/ house projects. We bought our first home last
year and have a lot of work to do! Due to my currently being a stay at home
mom, we work within a strict budget. So we do as much work on the house as we
can.
I come here to learn and appreciate all the information that I have gathered
here.
Thanks!

~Kat

"help is on the way"
~John Kerry
Suzie-Q

In article ,
"Johnson" wrote:

- Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
- Construction? Etc.
-
- Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

Female. Retired U.S. Army in 1993. Divorced. No boyfriend(s) to help!
Unemployed with a mortgage. Retirement pay isn't enough to pay all the
bills, so I'm looking for a job. Meanwhile things need fixed so I'm
doing all I can myself. I'm pretty handy, and love power tools! It's
nice to be able to come here and get honest answers and good advice and
help.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://home.earthlink.net/~sme617
ICQ: 349878998

rck

Retired printer, TV repairman, salesman, electrical design engineer,
programmer, born DIY, now living my other life as a musician and owner of a
music store. Many years ago was service manager at a Monkey Warts store and
had to repair every item in their catalog from sewing machines to
lawnmowers, water softeners, blenders, toasters, disposals, and they paid
for all the schooling, a DIY dream.

Bob

Eric Tonks

A retired business forms designer and printer. Built 2 houses, one expanded
and rebuilt. Still rebuilding. Love creating stuff, did it in the printing
business now I do it out of wood and other things. Love tools and machinery.
When I have time I am also Vice-President and Business Manager for an
internet web site company. Not enough days in a week to do everything. Other
retired people I know can't do anything and are bored out of their mind.

"Johnson" wrote in message
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

m Ransley

Bozo The Clown BA BS DDD CPA , CPO, RCR, RTA and all Bozos to come
so who cares

Robert Allison

Johnson wrote:

Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

General contractor specializing in remodeling, restoration and new
construction in both residential and light commercial. Have been in
the construction business for 30+ years now. Started as a
carpenters helper in 1970 and worked my way up (after having helped
my Dad on numerous projects before that). My strengths lie in
general carpentry and cabinet work, but I have done almost
everything. And I really have.

Just here to see what problems are out there and to help if
possible.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
jeffc

"Johnson" wrote in message
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

Secret Agent, Super Genius, Underwear Model.

Mike Fritz

I'm Mike. I'm in my mid 20s and just bought my first house, a
fixer-upper. I've always liked to work on things, and find owning my own
house refreshing after living in one apartment or another over the last
few years. I find it fun to prioritized what needs to be done first, how
much money it'll take over how much I have. Same goes for time.

I work in manufacturing, just moved up into the safety/training
department, so I got a bit of a raise to help find repairs/upgrades to
my house.

I live in the great outdoor furnace of the Southwest.
--Mike
Roger

Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

Retired exploration geophysicist and venture manager for Mobil and Texaco.
64 y.o., two sons, married 40 yrs, traveled the world for 31 years, then
got tired of it!. Always loved tools, DIY projects, and have an endless list
of planned improvements, small and large, on our house. This group rocks, as
for an unmoderated group, it is relatively troll free, behaves itself, and
has some really good advice, which I both provide on occasion, and ask
for...

TURTLE

"Johnson" wrote in message
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

This is Turtle.

I was riding my bicycle by here and had a flate and come in here to see about
getting some air for my tire and been here ever since. Oh Yea, I work on those
Air cooling things.

TURTLE

---

indago

040807 2108 - chuck yerkes posted:

Johnson wrote:

Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

hit men.

but we can't say which ones of us are.
sorry.

Yes, we all know, but nobody's telling...

~KJPRO~

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
41year old bachelor. 18 years in the locksmith field. 5 years

refrigeration
and AC. 3 years as a HVAC installer.

And a Hack at all aspects!

~kjpro~

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
www.mormons.com

"Johnson" wrote in message
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

~KJPRO~

"Johnson" wrote in message
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

HVAC Owner/Tech
Background Experiance....Construction, Electronics, Mechanical, Appliances,
Audio/Video, Communications, Etc, Etc....

BTW, I might suggest there are a couple here that say they are in the buz,
but I wouldn't have them in my enemies house!

~kjpro~

~KJPRO~

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"Johnson" wrote in message
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

This is Turtle.

I was riding my bicycle by here and had a flate and come in here to see

about
getting some air for my tire and been here ever since. Oh Yea, I work on

those
Air cooling things.

TURTLE

You forgot to mention the 'Air heating things'. :-)

~kjpro~

PrecisionMachinisT

"Johnson" wrote in message
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

Machine shop owner.......

I use computer controlled machine tools and cad cam modeling to fabricate
precision machined parts for end users ranging from aerospace and marine
biology research to tools for modelmakers and parts for computer and laser
controlled cut-to-length saw accessories for the wood products and
cabinetmaking arena.

In my spare time I deferr maintenance on our 50 year old 7435 sf home that
sits on an 8 acre tract along the Columbia River in SW Washington State.

--

SVL

Red Neckerson

"Jarkat2002" wrote

I'm a stay at home mom w/ 2 kids and a husband who is incredibly

intelligent,
but not necessarily handy w/ house projects. We bought our first home

last
year and have a lot of work to do! Due to my currently being a stay at

home
mom, we work within a strict budget. So we do as much work on the house

as we
can.
I come here to learn and appreciate all the information that I have

gathered
here.
Thanks!

~Kat

"help is on the way"
~John Kerry

I admire your attempt of being a stay at home mom, but if you are waiting
for John Kerry to help you, may God help you........

PAH610

40 year old bachelor from Michigan, industrial mechanic/mechanic millright with
a farm background.

John Grabowski

I am a licensed electrical contractor with a bachelor of fine arts degree in
filmmaking. I have seen many wiring mistakes by professionals and
do-it-yourselfers. I have found that there are not many books available
that cover all permutations of an electrical installation, particularly in
an existing structure. I am currently developing a series of instructional
videos for electrical installations that provide detailed information and
images on safe and code compliant wiring. Not all houses and buildings are
the same and were built during different time periods using different
materials in different geographical zones. It is my intention to include
solutions to many variables that an installer may come across in the course
of wiring.

This forum provides me with ideas for my scripts and it also gives me an
opportunity to offer suggestions based on my experiences to those who
sincerely need assistance.

John Grabowski
http://www.mrelectrician.tv

"Johnson" wrote in message
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

DanG

Over 40 years in commercial construction most years spent as a
construction superintendent. I currently am in charge of the
construction work for a school district with well over a million
square feet under roof. I stay very current on ADA compliance,
code compliance, structural integrity, and methods and materials.

We have an eclectic assortment of building styles, ages, and
equipment.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Johnson" wrote in message
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory

Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

dadiOH

Roger wrote:
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory
Worker? Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

Retired exploration geophysicist and venture manager for Mobil and
Texaco. 64 y.o., two sons, married 40 yrs, traveled the world for
31 years, then got tired of it!. Always loved tools, DIY projects,
and have an endless list of planned improvements, small and large,
on our house. This group rocks, as for an unmoderated group, it is
relatively troll free, behaves itself, and has some really good
advice, which I both provide on occasion, and ask for...

That's gneiss

--
dadiOH
_____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
____________________________

Harvey Van Sickle

On 08 Aug 2004, Johnson wrote

Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

Building historian; worked with architects and developers for just
under 30 years, and fiddled about with the 5 homes I've owned during
that period.

--
Cheers,
Harvey
cm

Home repairman, Vintage travel trailer restorer, Woodworker.

AZCRAIG

www.azcraig.us

"Johnson" wrote in message
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

Pat

Karen in MN

Single homeowner happy for all the helpful hints she can find to fix and
maintain a home, or at least be able to know what the repair people are
talking about when I have to call them in.

"Johnson" wrote in message
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

rck

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Bozo The Clown BA BS DDD CPA , CPO, RCR, RTA and all Bozos to come
so who cares

I've gotten lots of good advice from this NG and now I can see why.
There truly is an amazing amount of knowledge here. One can draw on the life
experiences of so many people with varied backgrounds. An occasional person
with a negative attitude will look down on poor people or scoff at DIY but
most of the people here are helpful.

Bob

Gary Dyrkacz

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 00:49:35 GMT, "Johnson" wrote:

Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

58. PhD research chemist, currently now safety officer/administrator.
I have been following and sometimes contributing to this group since
mid 90's. Here because primarily I am cheap ( according to my wife).
My father was very handy, and I picked some of my knowledge from him.
I have a fairly extensive workshop and find many jobs I can do myself.
Usually the problem is just getting all the options and methods
straight. This group usually supplies that role well.

Gary Dyrkacz

Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+
http://home.attbi.com/~dyrgcmn/
ameijers

"Johnson" wrote in message
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

48 year old federal employee who spent the first 23 years of life growing up
in the construction business, but decided the irregular paychecks and
prospect of hard outdoor manual labor as I aged weren't as nice as a regular
(and higher) paycheck and air conditioned work environment. Made the mistake
of letting current employers see me with a screwdriver in my hand, so they
promptly labeled me a Technical Wizard (which I'm not), and moved me into
the computer shop, where I currently work in computer security. In the land
of the blind, etc. I do occasionally get to crawl through the bowels of the
100 year old office building I work in to spec out cable runs and other
remodelings. (It was a hell of a building until the feds got hold of it-
some of the buried spaces still hold hints of the former grandeur.)
As the years passed I found myself missing the feeling of actually
repairing/creating or finishing some tangible physical item, so I am
currently looking to buy a house with room to set up a very basic woodshop,
so I can at least build my own crude shelves and other furniture. Bought a
house down south for my father (a house designer) to live in, and got to
work with him designing an addition to it, but (sadly) didn't have time to
go down and swing a hammer with him again. Hoping to go down this fall after
weather cools, and work with him on some finishing touches like a porch
roof.

WTMI, huh?

aem sends....

Jim Wynne

bitzah wrote:

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

Training Industry Professional
Partner of Energy Provider Professional
Co-parent of:
1 X Defence Force Aerospace Technician
1 X Industrial Relations Professional

the Pathway starts @ SugarCane Farmer Electrical
Fitter/Mechanic HVAC&R Industry Professional (Mining &
Shipping) Info-tech (Networks) Consultant ..and goes on.

...to continue in that non-pretentious vein,,You did ask..! :-¿

I use the non de plume bitzah as it is a variation on Bitzer®,
a machine that 'ate' some four digits of my RH leaving me with a
poor efficiency at the RET key :-)
That, and the witnessing of two fatal electrocutions (plus
subsequent Court appearances) leaves me somewhat of a Safety
Nutter.

I am possibly only 'passing through' , yet again, as it is our
Winter. With things being a tad slow I have the time to
dabble :-)
I lurk more than not, finding the exposure to those things
'international' ..refreshing.
Yes, I am Australian :-)

BTZ

http://tinyurl.com/6pjmw

Is there sucha thing as a non-fatal electrocution in Australia?
indago

040808 1231 - ameijers posted:

"Johnson" wrote in message
[...]

Well good; now I can't wait for the second chapter...

Skirmishd

Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

This is Turtle.

I was riding my bicycle by here and had a flate and come in here to see

about
getting some air for my tire and been here ever since. Oh Yea, I work on

those
Air cooling things.

TURTLE

You forgot to mention the 'Air heating things'. :-)

~kjpro~

I mostly lurk here and sometimes have questions. I'm a RHIA (Registered Health
Information Administrator) married to a harp builder (rharps.com - yes, that's
us in the pictures).

My husband used to be great at fixing things around the house but not anymore.
I am trying to learn a few things but I'm not very mechanically-inclined.

The big project here now is putting up a garage which will be used as a wood
shop.
They had to tear down our carport which had been a hazard since a bad snowstorm
in March last year. I looks like they will be able to pour the concrete
tomorrow.

There are some very helpful people in this group.
Bill Schnakenberg

Johnson wrote:

Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

DIY home owner. Retired from a non-manual labor career.
Was a metalsmith in the Navy (sheetmetal, welding, forging)
Model builder (wood, plastic, resin).
Worked part-time as a carpenter for a general contractor for a couple of
years.
Have done my own carpentry, cabinet making, basic plumbing, and basic
wiring.
Lorence M

Johnson wrote:
Curious as to who reads this forum. Retired? Doctor? Factory Worker?
Construction? Etc.

Anyone want to volunteer from which walk of life you are?

Communication tech.

Started reading this newsgroups a few years ago when I
purchased a lot at the lake. A little help here and a
lot of help from friends.

http://www.mts.net/~lmlod/Cabinfront6.jpg

Outside done, inside almost ready for drywall.

Lorence