Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen Sink Water Pressure

Got a contemporary goose-neck kitchen sink faucet where the water exits
the spout about 18 inches above the sink bottom.

When rinsing crud from dishes, I want maximum water pressure to dislodge it.

So is the pressure greater right at the spout- or down at the sink
bottom where gravity worked on it for a foot and a half?

--
€œYou cannot push anyone up the ladder unless he is willing to climb.€
- Andrew Carnegie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 12:31:03 -0500, Wade Garrett
wrote:

Got a contemporary goose-neck kitchen sink faucet where the water exits
the spout about 18 inches above the sink bottom.
When rinsing crud from dishes, I want maximum water pressure to dislodge it.
So is the pressure greater right at the spout- or down at the sink
bottom where gravity worked on it for a foot and a half?

What's the matter with your dog -
- or your cooking ... ?
... if the dog won't lick those plates clean ! :-)
John T.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2019 12:31 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Got a contemporary goose-neck kitchen sink faucet where the water exits
the spout about 18 inches above the sink bottom.

When rinsing crud from dishes, I want maximum water pressure to dislodge
it.

So is the pressure greater right at the spout- or down at the sink
bottom where gravity worked on it for a foot and a half?

Never thought much about it in the kitchen but have used a pressure
washer. Pressure drops considerably with distance,

My faucet is similar and you can have the aerator or spray and the spray
is much better. It has a pull-down tip so you can get close and not
splatter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 13:47:25 -0500, Hawk wrote:

On 11/25/2019 12:31 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Got a contemporary goose-neck kitchen sink faucet where the water exits
the spout about 18 inches above the sink bottom.

When rinsing crud from dishes, I want maximum water pressure to dislodge
it.

So is the pressure greater right at the spout- or down at the sink
bottom where gravity worked on it for a foot and a half?

Sink bottom.

But marginally. The faucet outlet may have a restrictor in it to "save
water" by reducing the flow. Mine does.

-dan z-

--
Protect your civil rights!
Let the politicians know how you feel.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/19 12:31 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Got a contemporary goose-neck kitchen sink faucet where the water exits the spout about 18 inches above the sink bottom.

When rinsing crud from dishes, I want maximum water pressure to dislodge it.

So is the pressure greater right at the spout- or down at the sink bottom where gravity worked on it for a foot and a half?

The libtard democrats legislated mandatory flow restrictors in faucets.Â* You'll need to remove them to get decent flow/pressure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/26/2019 7:56 AM, Al Goar wrote:
On 11/25/19 12:31 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Got a contemporary goose-neck kitchen sink faucet where the water
exits the spout about 18 inches above the sink bottom.

When rinsing crud from dishes, I want maximum water pressure to
dislodge it.

So is the pressure greater right at the spout- or down at the sink
bottom where gravity worked on it for a foot and a half?

The libtard democrats legislated mandatory flow restrictors in
faucets.Â* You'll need to remove them to get decent flow/pressure.

Â* So it takes a few seconds more to fill a pan with water . I have no
problem with restricted flow most of the time . Our sink has a sprayer
on a hose that is NOT restricted , does a fine job of removing debris .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at 9:30:00 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
[...]

The problem with the sprayers is that water blowing back winds up all
over the place. I'd rather have a wider, gentler spray that can rinse
things off, without water flying everywhere.