Posted to alt.home.repair

Default industrial strength entry door?

Hi all,

I repair a number of low income rental properties. In recent years we've
experienced an uptick in tenant violence towards the rental units. We
are getting interior door "holed" and mangled and main entry doors are
getting kicked in and the hinges occasionally get bent (maybe swinging on
the door?).

We've been replacing the kicked-in entry doors with the "steel" doors at
Lowes and Home Depot. Unfortunately, these light duty doors simply
aren't strong enough.

Anyone know of an industrial strength steel door for reasonable dollars?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/19 10:59 AM, G.B. Cricket wrote:
Hi all,

I repair a number of low income rental properties. In recent years we've
experienced an uptick in tenant violence towards the rental units. We
are getting interior door "holed" and mangled and main entry doors are
getting kicked in and the hinges occasionally get bent (maybe swinging on
the door?).

We've been replacing the kicked-in entry doors with the "steel" doors at
Lowes and Home Depot. Unfortunately, these light duty doors simply
aren't strong enough.

Anyone know of an industrial strength steel door for reasonable dollars?

Or you could stop renting to welfare democrats.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 13:49:00 -0500, Jimmy Gottrocks wrote:

On 11/20/19 10:59 AM, G.B. Cricket wrote:

Anyone know of an industrial strength steel door for reasonable
dollars?

Or you could stop renting to welfare democrats.

I'm not the owner.

I'm a repairman and really don't like throwing money away on junk
materials. I do agree with your view on demonrats tho :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2019 1:49 PM, Jimmy Gottrocks wrote:
On 11/20/19 10:59 AM, G.B. Cricket wrote:
Hi all,

I repair a number of low income rental properties.Â* In recent years we've
experienced an uptick in tenant violence towards the rental units.Â* We
are getting interior door "holed" and mangled and main entry doors are
getting kicked in and the hinges occasionally get bent (maybe swinging on
the door?).

We've been replacing the kicked-in entry doors with the "steel" doors at
Lowes and Home Depot.Â* Unfortunately, these light duty doors simply
aren't strong enough.

Anyone know of an industrial strength steel door for reasonable dollars?

Or you could stop renting to welfare democrats.

Some slumlords like the Section 8 money though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

G.B. Cricket wrote:
Hi all,

I repair a number of low income rental properties. In recent years we've
experienced an uptick in tenant violence towards the rental units. We
are getting interior door "holed" and mangled and main entry doors are
getting kicked in and the hinges occasionally get bent (maybe swinging on
the door?).

We've been replacing the kicked-in entry doors with the "steel" doors at
Lowes and Home Depot. Unfortunately, these light duty doors simply
aren't strong enough.

Anyone know of an industrial strength steel door for reasonable dollars?

Impact rated, perhaps?

https://www.thermatru.com/explore-do...ss&DoorLine=ss
Posted to alt.home.repair

ȯm wrote:

On 11/20/19 10:59 AM, G.B. Cricket wrote:
Hi all,

I repair a number of low income rental properties. In recent years we've
experienced an uptick in tenant violence towards the rental units. We
are getting interior door "holed" and mangled and main entry doors are
getting kicked in and the hinges occasionally get bent (maybe swinging on
the door?).

We've been replacing the kicked-in entry doors with the "steel" doors at
Lowes and Home Depot. Unfortunately, these light duty doors simply
aren't strong enough.

Anyone know of an industrial strength steel door for reasonable dollars?

Or you could stop renting to welfare democrats.

Sounds more like repubnicans -" rules don't apply to us"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/19 9:59 AM, G.B. Cricket wrote:
Hi all,

I repair a number of low income rental properties. In recent years we've
experienced an uptick in tenant violence towards the rental units. We
are getting interior door "holed" and mangled and main entry doors are
getting kicked in and the hinges occasionally get bent (maybe swinging on
the door?).

We've been replacing the kicked-in entry doors with the "steel" doors at
Lowes and Home Depot. Unfortunately, these light duty doors simply
aren't strong enough.

Anyone know of an industrial strength steel door for reasonable dollars?

https://www.grainger.com/category/security/door-and-door-frames/access-doors?brandName=TOUGH+GUY&filters=brandName&cm_mmc =PPC:+MSN+PPC&s_kwcid=AL!2966!10!79371085132147!da t-2331170809527284:loc-4111&ef_id=XdXrSAAABbRzoNpN:20191121014407:s

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/20/2019 08:59 AM, G.B. Cricket wrote:
Hi all,

I repair a number of low income rental properties. In recent years we've
experienced an uptick in tenant violence towards the rental units. We
are getting interior door "holed" and mangled and main entry doors are
getting kicked in and the hinges occasionally get bent (maybe swinging on
the door?).

We've been replacing the kicked-in entry doors with the "steel" doors at
Lowes and Home Depot. Unfortunately, these light duty doors simply
aren't strong enough.

Anyone know of an industrial strength steel door for reasonable dollars?

Industrial strength and reasonable don't work well together. Then there
is the problem that if the door is really strong it will probably tear
the framing out when the cops his it with the ram.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 21:25:09 -0700, rbowman wrote:

On 11/20/2019 08:59 AM, G.B. Cricket wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone know of an industrial strength steel door for reasonable
dollars?

Industrial strength and reasonable don't work well together. Then there
is the problem that if the door is really strong it will probably tear
the framing out when the cops his it with the ram.

The police are not kicking the doors. It appears to be a problem with
family members locking each other out. Same with the interior doors.

No police reports are ever filed as far as I can tell.