Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central heating query

Hi

Since my son recently picked up and 'fiddled' with my remote Honeywell
sensor for my central heating system, I been experiencing erratic
behaviour of my heating system.

The receiver unit in my airing cupboard had a red light instead of
green. I've changed the batteries in the sender unit and have myself
'fiddled' with the controls until everything appears to work properly.

This morning, though, there was once again a red light on the receiver
unit and the bathroom radiator was cold. Although the pipes around the
tank were hot, there was was once again a red light on the receiver
unit. I've pressed the reset button and the central heating pump is
running again and the bathroom radiator is getting hot.

Has anyone any suggestion about possible cause and how to rectify?

--
David B.
Devon, UK
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, November 11, 2019 at 5:10:29 AM UTC-5, ~BD~ wrote:
[...]

It's possible it has nothing to do with your son playing with the remote.
If you take the batteries out of it, push the buttons a few times, then
leave it without batteries for an hour or so, that should reset it.
Have you looked online or in any manuals you have for what the red light
means? Also on such a sophisticated system, if it shuts down I would
expect there would be an error msg, flashing lights, at the unit itself
to indicate the problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/11/2019 14:34, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your thoughts, 'Trader_4'.

I'll see how things are in the morning tomorrow before I explore matters
in more depth.

D.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 22:23:45 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

[...]

My thermostat is not remote controlled - but -
the fixed wall-mounted control unit does have batteries -
I found out the hard way when the original unit failed
due to dead & corroded batteries .. . which reminds me
to check them in the new unit ..
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UPDATE! (was - Central heating query)

On 11/11/2019 10:10, ~BD~ wrote:

Hi

Since my son recently picked up and 'fiddled' with my remote Honeywell
sensor for my central heating system, I been experiencing erratic
behaviour of my heating system.

The receiver unit in my airing cupboard had a red light instead of
green. I've changed the batteries in the sender unit and have myself
'fiddled' with the controls until everything appears to work properly.

This morning, though, there was once again a red light on the receiver
unit and the bathroom radiator was cold. Although the pipes around the
tank were hot, there was was once again a red light on the receiver
unit. I've pressed the reset button and the central heating pump is
running again and the bathroom radiator is getting hot.

Has anyone any suggestion about possible cause and how to rectify?

Just thought I'd let you know that everything is back to normal.

It's amazing how often unplugging electrical items from a power source
magically fixes things! ;-)

Thanks, guys.

Central Heating query. barry Home Repair 1 September 18th 05 05:34 PM
Central heating query MP UK diy 24 August 4th 05 12:31 AM
Gas central heating query [email protected] UK diy 10 July 5th 05 10:37 AM
Central Heating Pumps Query/Fault ! ? steve UK diy 5 February 1st 04 10:21 AM
Central Heating : Wiring Query John Pearson UK diy 6 January 13th 04 10:30 AM