DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   laundry faucets - water coming out from drainage pipe (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/64119-laundry-faucets-water-coming-out-drainage-pipe.html)

YesBalala August 6th 04 10:36 PM

laundry faucets - water coming out from drainage pipe

My laundary faucets has a valve at the back which got a small plastic
pipe leading into the drainage pine in the basement. Recently,
whenever I turn on the water tap of the faucet, water coming out
normally (from the tap) as well as from that small pipe. Any idea why
and how can I fix it?

Speedy Jim August 6th 04 10:43 PM

YesBalala wrote:

My laundary faucets has a valve at the back which got a small plastic
pipe leading into the drainage pine in the basement. Recently,
whenever I turn on the water tap of the faucet, water coming out
normally (from the tap) as well as from that small pipe. Any idea why
and how can I fix it?

It is called a "trap primer". The hose is supposed to feed a
small amount of water to the drain in order to keep the trap filled
with water.

More info he
http://www.plumbingwarehouse.com/trapsealprimers.html

Or
GOOGLE
for: "trap primer"

Jim

Eric Tonks August 6th 04 11:08 PM

laundry faucets - water coming out from drainage pipe

You don't ---- that is the way it is supposed to work to keep your basement
drain trap filled with water to keep stinking sewer gas from coming into
your house.