DaddyMonkey

Default CLAWFOOT CAST IRON TUB- FLOOR REINFORCEMENT

I'm not really "into" this subject as a project in my home... I just
want to know how this is accomplished.

Here (USA) antique claw-foot bathtubs are becoming popular,and I am
wondering how the flooring is reinforced below these tubs... I mean
those darn things must weight about a half-ton... and then filled with
water !

Even if the "contact" foot pattern is
6 sq inches per "claw foot" that's only
24 square inches total , to support the weight !

I know I'm gonna get the "contact you're local building inspector, and
then a carpenter" post.....
....but I'm just curious how this works.

Best wishes,
Dave

DaddyMonkey wrote:

I'm not really "into" this subject as a project in my home... I just
want to know how this is accomplished.

Here (USA) antique claw-foot bathtubs are becoming popular,and I am
wondering how the flooring is reinforced below these tubs... I mean
those darn things must weight about a half-ton... and then filled with
water !

Even if the "contact" foot pattern is
6 sq inches per "claw foot" that's only
24 square inches total , to support the weight !

I know I'm gonna get the "contact you're local building inspector, and
then a carpenter" post.....
...but I'm just curious how this works.

Best wishes,
Dave

when i was a kid we had an old claw foot tub.. but then the floor was
also old in this house. the flooring material was like 2 in. thick wood
over the floor joist......