Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Granite Countertop Negatives

How do you keep water from pooling around the faucet? A normal
sink routes such water into the sink. These "under mounted" sinks
obviously can't do that. The drippage from wet hands just sits
there. Also there is a caulk line under the lip that can get
grungy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 9:04:07 AM UTC-4, Davej wrote:
How do you keep water from pooling around the faucet? A normal
sink routes such water into the sink. These "under mounted" sinks
obviously can't do that. The drippage from wet hands just sits
there. Also there is a caulk line under the lip that can get
grungy.

Simple solution. You don't have to use an under-mount sink with
granite, it just makes it possible and many, probably most people
prefer that. On the plus side, you can easily sweep any water,
food crumbs, etc from the counter into the sink. I just saw some
new sinks on TV that fit flush to the counter top too, not sure
how the faucets are positioned on those.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/14/2019 9:04 AM, Davej wrote:
How do you keep water from pooling around the faucet? A normal
sink routes such water into the sink. These "under mounted" sinks
obviously can't do that. The drippage from wet hands just sits
there. Also there is a caulk line under the lip that can get
grungy.

I never had water pooling around the faucet unless a washer was worn.
Fix the faucet. On my sink the faucet handle is over the sink, plus I
shake the excess off my hands. Even that bathroom I never get water
around the faucets.

I have three undermount sinks and you don't see the caulk or whatever
was used to seal them. Nothing at that line that does not wipe off with
regular cleaning or wipe with a sponge.

They stay cleaner than the old sinks.