Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Felt Pads on Chair Legs

I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen
chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in
all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and
they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

--
Ive been trying to grow my own food but I cant find bacon seeds.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/12/2019 10:23 AM, Wade Gattett wrote:
I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen
chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in
all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and
they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

I have same problem but have not sought for a solution. Let me/us know
what you end up doing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 12 Oct 2019 10:23:59 -0400, Wade Gattett
wrote:

I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen
chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in
all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and
they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

Self-stick isn't very good** for anything under stress.

What are the legs made of? For wood, they have nail in things with
nylon or carpet bottoms.

What shape is their cross-section? Lot of products for round legs.
Less for other shapes, but still many things for sale.

**One exception: My Chrysler convertible came with 2" hard plastic
rectanagles with velcro sticking out of it to hold up the inner ceiling
of the car. They were pop-riveted to metal side-rails and front of the
roof. That velcro had worn out on that half but not on the hook half
sewn to the inner ceiling, so the ceiling drooped like a bed skirt. I
looked all over the web for the same thing. Could only find it if I
bought a couple hundred, and I wanted 6 or 8. Finally used stickum
velcro, and it worked really well. Lasted several years until the car
wore out. I had thought in hot weather the stickum would be no good at
all, and maybe one or two pieces moved and maybe I replaced them, but
all in all they worked well. Still, I only put any stress on them when
I lowered the top, once a day or less. OT3H, maybe there is not much
stress when you slide an empty chair around. OT4H, a lot more stress
when you're sitting in one and sliding it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Wade Gattett wrote:

I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen
chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in
all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and
they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

My dining room chairs had that problem. I solved it by first applying a
rubber "foot" from Ace Hardware. Then I applied a stick-on felt pad
that fits into the recessed center of the foot.

Its is ugly, but works.

Fred
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/12/2019 7:26 AM, Frank wrote:
On 10/12/2019 10:23 AM, Wade Gattett wrote:
I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

I have same problem but have not sought for a solution.Â* Let me/us know what you end up doing.

Frank and his little dingy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/12/2019 12:04 PM, Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article ,
Wade Gattett wrote:

I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen
chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in
all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and
they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

My dining room chairs had that problem. I solved it by first applying a
rubber "foot" from Ace Hardware. Then I applied a stick-on felt pad
that fits into the recessed center of the foot.

Its is ugly, but works.

Fred

Googling I see Amazon sells feet with built in pads. Unfortunately I do
not see them at Lowes or Home Depot since I do not have prime and they
do not cost enough to ship free.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/12/2019 10:23 AM, Wade Gattett wrote:
I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen
chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in
all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and
they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G6X9TD1..._t3_B000PB0ZTA

https://www.amazon.com/Nail-Heavy-Fu.../dp/B000PB0ZTA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/12/19 12:04 PM, Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article ,
Wade Gattett wrote:

I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen
chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in
all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and
they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

My dining room chairs had that problem. I solved it by first applying a
rubber "foot" from Ace Hardware. Then I applied a stick-on felt pad
that fits into the recessed center of the foot.

Its is ugly, but works.

Fred

Obviously you don't live with a woman ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dean Hoffman"
wrote in message On 10/12/19 9:23 AM, Wade Gattett wrote:
I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on
wooden kitchen chair legs to protect the laminated floor
covering. The pads aren't in all that bad a shape- but
the self-stickum didn't last real well and they keep
coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

Chair leg caps?

Tennis balls? hee hee ... ;)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/13/19 12:21 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:

"Dean Hoffman"
wrote in message On 10/12/19 9:23 AM, Wade Gattett wrote:
I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden
kitchen chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads
aren't in all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real
well and they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

Â*Â*Â* Chair leg caps?

Tennis balls? hee hee ... ;)

How about foam footballs given the time of year?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Felt Pads on Chair Legs- RESOLVED

On 10/12/19 10:23 AM, Wade Gattett wrote:
I need to replace the stick-on felt pads I installed on wooden kitchen
chair legs to protect the laminated floor covering. The pads aren't in
all that bad a shape- but the self-stickum didn't last real well and
they keep coming loose.

Ideas for replacement?

OP here.

Decided to just replace the old glue-on pads with new ones. Found some
really thick and stiff felt with a super-stick backing.

Hardest parts of the job were tracing/making cardboard template to match
the shape of the square wooden chair legs, cutting new pads with razor
knife to the exact size and getting the residual sticky goo of the
bottom of the legs.

Hope these last a while!

--
Say what you will about The South but no one retires and moves up north...