Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repairing a plastic/polyethylene boat (HDPE)

replying to Doug Miller, Fishingman48 wrote:
This is somewhat old but i'll add my two cents as has helped me save $$$$ in
long run // rhino liner or any "good" liquid truck bed liner which has to be
sprayed// also a high quality liquid Rubber .lasted heck a few yrs before i
had to throw another coat on .

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...pe-473687-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2019 9:14 AM, Fishingman48 wrote:
replying to Doug Miller, Fishingman48 wrote:
This is somewhat old but i'll add my two cents as has helped me save
$$$$ in
long run // rhino liner or any "good" liquid truck bed liner which has
to be
sprayed// also a high quality liquid Rubber .lasted heck a few yrs before i
had to throw another coat on .

Polyethylene does not weather well as it is degraded by sunlight.
Polymer chains get oxidized and strength is lost.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2019 8:51 AM, Frank wrote:

Polyethylene does not weather well as it is degraded by sunlight. Polymer chains get oxidized and strength is lost.

Frank's got a little dingy.