Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No hot water on main and 2nd floor - NEED HELP!

Hi everyone,

Approx 3 days ago while taking my early morning shower with water temp hot as
normal (also stayed hot with prolonged use) the water went cold then got warm
and fluctuated + - couple degrees never getting hot again. I checked all water
faucets on 2nd and main floor and none of them get hot only warm. In my fully
finished basement the water gets very hot as normal. Here are some details
about my home:
-built 2002
-private well water
-Main and upstairs living quarters approx 3775 sqft.
-4 bedroom 2 full bath upstairs
-5 rooms + powder room on main floor
-finished basement is approm 1750 sqaure feet with 1 bedroom with full bath, 3
additional room + half bath.
-Maintenance room is unfinished with oil tank, air handler for main floor of
house, and boiler/furnace (dont know difference) I will be posting pictures
unit.
-I was told by a friend to check the units temp guage with no water running
then with water running. Read slightly under 170 then had my wife turn on
upstairs bathtub on full hot. Watched the guage drop relatively quick. Unit
kicked on at 159 degrees and took approx 6 min to reach 180 degrees and shut
off. The temp difference is set at 170 high and 150 low w/ 10 degree variance.
I have a Beckett AFG model# EM-135 which is original from 2002.
I hope I provided enough details (not like original lost post) for you
professionals to give me some ideas on where to start looking. I am pretty
handy so let's get into this! Pictures are attached.
I appreciate any and all input and suggestions!! Thank you for your time and
knowledge because this is one area I dont know anything about. If anyone needs
particular pics please let me know and i will post.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/j3
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/j4
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/j5
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/j6
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/j7
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/j8
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/j9
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/ja
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/jb
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/jc
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/jd
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/je

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/2/2019 12:44 PM, CTguy84 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Approx 3 days ago while taking my early morning shower with water temp
hot as
normal (also stayed hot with prolonged use) the water went cold then got
warm
and fluctuated + - couple degrees never getting hot again. I checked all
water
faucets on 2nd and main floor and none of them get hot only warm. In my
fully
finished basement the water gets very hot as normal.

Could be a bad mixing/tempering valve at the boiler. If your water is
coming directly off the boiler is is a crappy inefficient system that
has been used for years.

Also possible the water is getting hot, but the internal coils are
plugging with crud and minerals preventing proper circulation. It gets
hot but cannot be moved out in sufficient volume. That is expensive.

Today, indirect hot water is much more efficient, especially in the
non-heating months. Put in something like www.energykinetics.com System
2000 and save money and get lots of hot water.