Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pence on Mackinac

Automobiles are banned on the island so, what does our VP do? Takes a
motorcade of 8 cars. He ****ed off a lot of people.

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/mi...d-8-2019-09-22
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 23:29:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Automobiles are banned on the island so, what does our VP do? Takes a
motorcade of 8 cars. He ****ed off a lot of people.

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/mi...d-8-2019-09-22

I am sure the secret service made that decision. Of course Pence
didn't have to go.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/22/19 11:29 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Automobiles are banned on the island so, what does our VP do?Â* Takes a motorcade of 8 cars.Â* He ****ed off a lot of people.

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/mi...d-8-2019-09-22

Maybe the fudge-packin' Mackinac Island luddites would have preferred Air Force One landing on their 3500 foot runway?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 11:29:35 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Automobiles are banned on the island so, what does our VP do? Takes a
motorcade of 8 cars. He ****ed off a lot of people.

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/mi...d-8-2019-09-22

I think he has bigger problems than that. Pence was also involved in
pressuring the Ukranians about "corruption", so he's likely toast too
as this scandal unfolds.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/22/2019 11:29 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Automobiles are banned on the island so, what does our VP do?Â* Takes a
motorcade of 8 cars.Â* He ****ed off a lot of people.

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/mi...d-8-2019-09-22

Oh my, he should be impeached.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Automobiles are banned on the island so, what does our VP do? Takes a
motorcade of 8 cars. He ****ed off a lot of people.

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/mi...d-8-2019-09-22

Jesus probably told him it was ok.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 05:40:09 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 11:29:35 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Automobiles are banned on the island so, what does our VP do? Takes a
motorcade of 8 cars. He ****ed off a lot of people.

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/mi...d-8-2019-09-22

I think he has bigger problems than that. Pence was also involved in
pressuring the Ukranians about "corruption", so he's likely toast too
as this scandal unfolds.

Desperation abounds on the left
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/23/19 8:44 AM, Gary wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Automobiles are banned on the island so, what does our VP do? Takes a
motorcade of 8 cars. He ****ed off a lot of people.

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/mi...d-8-2019-09-22

Jesus probably told him it was ok.

With all the whacko nutjob democrats crawling around in public, it's essential that Vice President Pence have a heavily armored car for cover. Get it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 11:29:35 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Automobiles are banned on the island so, what does our VP do? Takes a
motorcade of 8 cars. He ****ed off a lot of people.

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/mi...d-8-2019-09-22

I think he has bigger problems than that. Pence was also involved in
pressuring the Ukranians about "corruption", so he's likely toast too
as this scandal unfolds.

Desperation abounds on the left

but corruption on the left is totally acceptible.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

I find it rather amusing that Ralph objects to Pence having a
motorcade on an island, but supports Trump with all his stupid acts
and disgusting behavior. Let's see, a motorcade vs saying there
were very fine people marching with Nazis and the KKK and pressuring
a foreign country to investigate the guy running against them?
Wow.

The whole Washington thing is amusing.

From what I know about that island ( almost nothing) it is my
understanding that cars and such were not allowed. What is good for one
should be good for all. If I can not have a car there, neither should
the VP or President. Someone said the place only had about 500 people.
Maybe it is not large enough for cars of any large ammount ? In that
case the VP should not have gone there.

The only reason I support Trump is that he is the best of what is
running . As I mentioned it before, there are about 500 people in
Washington that we have elected or apointed. Congress, VP, P and S.
Court. Right now there are close to 10 ( I think a few of those dropped
out) that are running for President. Most all of them seem to be nut
cases to me. To me, they all seem to be nut cases. Hard to believe out
of over 200 million people that is the best we can do.

I did not want Trump, but wanted even less any of those that ran against
him in the last election. Republicans or Democrats. In that case what
can I do but support him. Just could not see Clinton being president at
all. During one of the Bush elections I did vote for whoever the
independant was. I was positive that he would not have been elected,
but if he was, could not have been any worse in my mind.

Something really big needs to be done to shake up Washington. I just
wish there was some way to throw out the 2 (basically as those
independent parties do not seem to stand a chance ) party system and not
have any parties at all. For this up comming election it seems to
either go with Trump or some real nut case.

Posted to alt.home.repair
% % is offline

On 2019-09-23 12:04 p.m., Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I find it rather amusing that Ralph objects to Pence having a
motorcade on an island, but supports Trump with all his stupid acts
and disgusting behavior. Let's see, a motorcade vs saying there
were very fine people marching with Nazis and the KKK and pressuring
a foreign country to investigate the guy running against them?
Wow.

The whole Washington thing is amusing.

From what I know about that island ( almost nothing) it is my
[...]

you amuse easily if you find that amusing
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/23/2019 3:04 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

The whole Washington thing is amusing.

The only reason I support Trump is that he is the best of what is
running . As I mentioned it before, there are about 500 people in
Washington that we have elected or apointed. Congress, VP, P and S.
Court. Right now there are close to 10 ( I think a few of those dropped
out) that are running for President. Most all of them seem to be nut
cases to me. To me, they all seem to be nut cases. Hard to believe out
of over 200 million people that is the best we can do.

Have to agree, there is no one that I can vote for. I'm hoping that
someone, no matter the party, jumps into the race next year. I had a
little hope for Biden but I think he is heading to la la land.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 11:29:35 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Automobiles are banned on the island so, what does our VP do? Takes a
motorcade of 8 cars. He ****ed off a lot of people.

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/mi...d-8-2019-09-22

I think he has bigger problems than that. Pence was also involved in
pressuring the Ukranians about "corruption", so he's likely toast too
as this scandal unfolds.

Desperation abounds on the left

but corruption on the left is totally acceptible.

Of course I never said or implied that. On the other hand, you're one
of the trumptards that will excuse all of Trump's atrocious, disgusting
behavior and I don't see you objecting to him using his office to pressure
Ukraine to try to get them to investigate his political opponent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, September 23, 2019 at 3:04:43 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I find it rather amusing that Ralph objects to Pence having a
motorcade on an island, but supports Trump with all his stupid acts
and disgusting behavior. Let's see, a motorcade vs saying there
were very fine people marching with Nazis and the KKK and pressuring
a foreign country to investigate the guy running against them?
Wow.

The whole Washington thing is amusing.

From what I know about that island ( almost nothing) it is my
[...]

Well, then you have yourself to blame, because we had 15 decent, sane
Republicans, any one of which would have been infinitely better than
the orange clown. And what you can do is object to what he does
that's wrong, speak out and refuse to support and enable him.
It really is that simple. Trump sees that 85% of Republican support
him, so he keeps doing what he's doing and keeps getting worse.

Just could not see Clinton being president at
all. During one of the Bush elections I did vote for whoever the
independant was. I was positive that he would not have been elected,
but if he was, could not have been any worse in my mind.

Something really big needs to be done to shake up Washington.

Yeah, you assured us the answer to that was Trump and
look how that's turned out. Trump has one crap show after another,
of his own doing, and then he plays victim, divides the country,
pits one American against another. That's why I left the Republican
Party. And if ten percent of you did the same, what do you think
would happen? The GOP would panic and do something to get rid of
Trump, find someone decent candidate and regain their moral compass.

I just
wish there was some way to throw out the 2 (basically as those
independent parties do not seem to stand a chance ) party system and not
have any parties at all. For this up comming election it seems to
either go with Trump or some real nut case.

We'll see. Biden was the sane, more moderate alternative. If he goes
down with the Ukraine fiasco, maybe another moderate Democrat will
jump in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/23/2019 3:21 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/23/2019 3:04 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

The whole Washington thing is amusing.

The only reason I support Trump is that he is the best of what is
running .Â* As I mentioned it before, there are about 500 people in
Washington that we have elected or apointed.Â* Congress, VP, P and S.
Court.Â* Right now there are close to 10 ( I think a few of those dropped
out)Â* that are running for President.Â* Most all of them seem to be nut
cases to me.Â* To me, they all seem to be nut cases.Â* Hard to believe out
of over 200 million people that is the best we can do.

Have to agree, there is no one that I can vote for.Â* I'm hoping that
someone, no matter the party, jumps into the race next year.Â*Â* I had a
little hope for Biden but I think he is heading to la la land.

Heading? He's been in La La land prior to and since being VP. I'd vote
for the neighborhood dope dealer before voting for Biden or AOC.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 13:04:19 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, September 23, 2019 at 3:04:43 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I find it rather amusing that Ralph objects to Pence having a
motorcade on an island, but supports Trump with all his stupid acts
and disgusting behavior. Let's see, a motorcade vs saying there
were very fine people marching with Nazis and the KKK and pressuring
a foreign country to investigate the guy running against them?
Wow.

The whole Washington thing is amusing.

From what I know about that island ( almost nothing) it is my
[...]

15 "sane" candidates?

Really?
Santorum, Rubio, Carson, Cruz, Perry, Graham?

Just pick your disorder and you have it there somewhere.

Then you have the woman who ran HP into the ground, The guy who ran
New York into the ground, a whacky injun cajun and some other lack
luster governors.

When Gary Johnson was the pick of the litter, there really were no
decent candidates from either major party even at the primary stage.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 13:05:27 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, September 23, 2019 at 2:14:45 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 13:41:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/23/2019 10:34 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

With all the whacko nutjob democrats crawling around in public, it's essential that Vice President Pence have a heavily armored car for cover. Get it?

He should take a heavy armored bicycle.

While I am a Republican and support Trump, I still think if there is a
no cars rule for the public, then the VP or anyone else should either
observe that rule or not go. Presidents and VP's are easy to replace.
Look at all those standing in line.

Gerry Ford used a horse drawn carriage.

That was before Reagan was shot and before Ford himself was shot at.
The SS doesn't like presidents being shot at or shot.

What happened to JFK just a decade earlier? Bow and arrow?

That was where we got the basis for every gun control law since 1934.
GCA 68 is the basic legislation they amend to pass any gun law in
congress. Isn't that enough reaction for you? Granted the democrats
were in charge so they went after the guns and not the nuts who shoot
at presidents or the security protocols, hence the attempts after JFK.
The SS put a few new protocols in place after Dallas but nothing like
what was put into place after the DC Marriott shooting (Reagan). The
Pres and VP don't really spend a lot of time out in the open unless
the venue and everyone there is carefully screened. Even then they are
usually behind bullet proof glass if they stop moving.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Monday, September 23, 2019 at 3:04:43 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I find it rather amusing that Ralph objects to Pence having a
motorcade on an island, but supports Trump with all his stupid acts
and disgusting behavior. Let's see, a motorcade vs saying there
were very fine people marching with Nazis and the KKK and pressuring
a foreign country to investigate the guy running against them?
Wow.

The whole Washington thing is amusing.

From what I know about that island ( almost nothing) it is my
[...]

Yes, they were clearly sane and decent men, not men who would disgrace
the office, disgrace the country, with insults, outrageous lies while
tweeting like a sick adolescent. And none of them were stupid enough
to do one impeachable thing after the other, while dividing the country
and claiming it's not what they just did that's wrong, it's always
someone else's fault. I see polls now show that 70% of Americans
disapprove of Trump either for his actions or dislike him personally,
or both, a level even Nixon didn't reach.

And if you can't see that Trump is a narcissist, that he has what's
called extreme present hedonism disorder, that he constantly exercises
very poor judgment, then it's because you're so partisan you just
refuse to see it. Like Micky, who can't ever see
anything a Democrat has done is wrong.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Monday, September 23, 2019 at 3:04:43 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I find it rather amusing that Ralph objects to Pence having a
motorcade on an island, but supports Trump with all his stupid acts
and disgusting behavior. Let's see, a motorcade vs saying there
were very fine people marching with Nazis and the KKK and pressuring
a foreign country to investigate the guy running against them?
Wow.

The whole Washington thing is amusing.

From what I know about that island ( almost nothing) it is my
[...]

I voted for Gary, don't blame me for trump.
I also guarantee if one of the others had been elected the same
democrats would be telling us he was the worst president ever ... just
like they did when Bush jr was there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Monday, September 23, 2019 at 3:04:43 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I find it rather amusing that Ralph objects to Pence having a
motorcade on an island, but supports Trump with all his stupid acts
and disgusting behavior. Let's see, a motorcade vs saying there
were very fine people marching with Nazis and the KKK and pressuring
a foreign country to investigate the guy running against them?
Wow.

The whole Washington thing is amusing.

From what I know about that island ( almost nothing) it is my
[...]

Oh, no doubt they would be telling us that. But they wouldn't have the tape
and Trump's own words to prove it and be able to prove an impeachable offense.
But no worries, Trump said he's thinking about another visit with his BFF,
KJU. That's sure to take the heat off....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 19:00:52 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 09/23/2019 12:14 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 13:41:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/23/2019 10:34 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

With all the whacko nutjob democrats crawling around in public, it's essential that Vice President Pence have a heavily armored car for cover. Get it?

He should take a heavy armored bicycle.

While I am a Republican and support Trump, I still think if there is a
no cars rule for the public, then the VP or anyone else should either
observe that rule or not go. Presidents and VP's are easy to replace.
Look at all those standing in line.

Gerry Ford used a horse drawn carriage.

That was before Reagan was shot and before Ford himself was shot at.
The SS doesn't like presidents being shot at or shot.

Yeah but it was well after Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, and Kennedy were
shot. Besides, if someone shot Ford we'd win Rockefeller. Ford and
Rumsfield kept Rocky away from anything besides tree planting ceremonies.

They really didn't get that serious until Ford and Reagan. Like wars,
they always wanted to stop the last one not guess what was going to
happen in the next one. Ford (twice) and Reagan both involved the
president moving outdoors in public and since then you don't really
see them outside a lot unless it is a very well controlled
environment. My BIL worked in the White House from LBJ to Reagan
traveling on the plane with the SS (the OTHER identical 747 that goes
everywhere AF1 goes) and he saw their protocols change over the years.
It really tightened up after Reagan.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 09/23/2019 12:14 PM, wrote:
[...]

The second af1 is only used on international trips.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 09/23/2019 12:14 PM, wrote:
[...]

True but that was the only trips my BIL went on. He was the presidents
"telephone man" and in those days the president traveled with a
complete #5 Crossbar telephone exchange that they set up for
communications. That was in addition to the secure links run by the
Air Force. (a neighbor of mine)