DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bicycle Powered Sump Pump (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/64005-bicycle-powered-sump-pump.html)

barry martin August 6th 04 12:39 AM

Bicycle Powered Sump Pump

Ron:

RH Is there a bicycle powered water pump available? A simple way to keep
RH the basement dry when the power goes off, if so.
RH
RH I can't find any. It ought to be simple though.

Another possibility would be to have the bicycle connected to a
generator/alternator to charge a battery. There are battery-operated
sump pumps available.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* You made my day.
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *

Pop Rivet August 6th 04 08:17 AM

Bicycle Powered Sump Pump

Do you KNOW how much pedaling, and how hard it would be to
pedal,would be required to run a sump pump? You need to do
more research.

Pop

news:1341890004.8787.23.1457548.1359093474.RIMEGat ...

chuck yerkes August 6th 04 09:49 AM

Bicycle Powered Sump Pump

Pop Rivet wrote:

Do you KNOW how much pedaling, and how hard it would be to
pedal,would be required to run a sump pump? You need to do
more research.

Pop

"barry martin" wrote in message
news:1341890004.8787.23.1457548.1359093474.RIMEGat ...

Ron:

RH Is there a bicycle powered water pump available? A

simple way to keep

RH the basement dry when the power goes off, if so.
RH
RH I can't find any. It ought to be simple though.

Another possibility would be to have the bicycle connected to a
generator/alternator to charge a battery. There are battery-operated
sump pumps available.

And you'd be in the dark with, perhaps, more important
things to worry about (or at least OTHER things to worry
about).

Get a solar panel or 4, a golf cart battery and an inverter/charger.