Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Homeadvisor and Angies list

Contacted both for simple repairs, new fence, new bathroom. Was contacted and agreed on plan and price. 10 contacts, not one show.
What a waste. Did it all myself and saved hundreds in labor.
I am disabled so was hoping for easy. Total let down every time.
Do you have any experience with either?

Need a 50 ft retaining wall. Quote was 15,000. I said no ****ing way. Revised to "How about 5?"
Still need a wall that is leaning.
Block, 3 ft high holding my yard from driveway. I am good with 5.might be 30 or 40 feet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 14:19:30 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

Contacted both for simple repairs, new fence, new bathroom.
Was contacted and agreed on plan and price. 10 contacts, not one show.
What a waste. Did it all myself and saved hundreds in labor.
I am disabled so was hoping for easy. Total let down every time.
Do you have any experience with either?
Need a 50 ft retaining wall. Quote was 15,000. I said no ****ing way. Revised to "How about 5?"
Still need a wall that is leaning.
Block, 3 ft high holding my yard from driveway. I am good with 5.might be 30 or 40 feet.

Quick & cheap by an unknown contractor -
... it's how I want my critical retaining walls done.
.. duh.
How does someone agree on plan & price ..
without showing up ? !
.. double duh.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/2019 5:19 PM, Thomas wrote:
Contacted both for simple repairs, new fence, new bathroom. Was contacted and agreed on plan and price. 10 contacts, not one show.
What a waste. Did it all myself and saved hundreds in labor.
I am disabled so was hoping for easy. Total let down every time.
Do you have any experience with either?

Need a 50 ft retaining wall. Quote was 15,000. I said no ****ing way. Revised to "How about 5?"
Still need a wall that is leaning.
Block, 3 ft high holding my yard from driveway. I am good with 5.might be 30 or 40 feet.

I think both of these sites make their money from paid contractor
sponsors. Big jobs I had done in last couple of years, deck and roof,
had neither of the contractors I used on these lists. Maybe not bad
sites to look at to get an idea of cost, etc. of a job but not good to
find the people to do it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/2019 5:19 PM, Thomas wrote:
Contacted both for simple repairs, new fence, new bathroom. Was contacted and agreed on plan and price. 10 contacts, not one show.
What a waste. Did it all myself and saved hundreds in labor.
I am disabled so was hoping for easy. Total let down every time.
Do you have any experience with either?

Need a 50 ft retaining wall. Quote was 15,000. I said no ****ing way. Revised to "How about 5?"
Still need a wall that is leaning.
Block, 3 ft high holding my yard from driveway. I am good with 5.might be 30 or 40 feet.

I trust friends, neighbors, co-workers for ideas. It worked for me in
the past.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/2019 2:19 PM, Thomas wrote:
Contacted both for simple repairs, new fence, new bathroom. Was contacted and agreed on plan and price. 10 contacts, not one show.
What a waste. Did it all myself and saved hundreds in labor.
I am disabled so was hoping for easy. Total let down every time.
Do you have any experience with either?

Need a 50 ft retaining wall. Quote was 15,000. I said no ****ing way. Revised to "How about 5?"
Still need a wall that is leaning.
Block, 3 ft high holding my yard from driveway. I am good with 5.might be 30 or 40 feet.

Sounds like you been smoking some of that MaryJane, Tom.
You did it all and you're disabled? You mean mentally or what?

JASPER TOWING SERVICE "AT YOUR SERVICE"
7/24 619.371.3851

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/2019 5:19 PM, Thomas wrote:
Contacted both for simple repairs, new fence, new bathroom. Was contacted and agreed on plan and price. 10 contacts, not one show.
What a waste. Did it all myself and saved hundreds in labor.
I am disabled so was hoping for easy. Total let down every time.
Do you have any experience with either?

Need a 50 ft retaining wall. Quote was 15,000. I said no ****ing way. Revised to "How about 5?"
Still need a wall that is leaning.
Block, 3 ft high holding my yard from driveway. I am good with 5.might be 30 or 40 feet.

You made it farther than I. I contacted 4 different contractors for
estimates and none ever showed. Worthless site.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/2019 9:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/17/2019 5:19 PM, Thomas wrote:
Contacted both for simple repairs, new fence, new bathroom. Was
contacted and agreed on plan and price. 10 contacts, not one show.
What a waste. Did it all myself and saved hundreds in labor.
I am disabled so was hoping for easy. Total let down every time.
Do you have any experience with either?

Need a 50 ft retaining wall. Quote was 15,000. I said no ****ing way.
Revised to "How about 5?"
Still need a wall that is leaning.
Block, 3 ft high holding my yard from driveway. I am good with 5.might
be 30 or 40 feet.

I trust friends, neighbors, co-workers for ideas.Â* It worked for me in
the past.

That is what I do. I even include our adult sons. The last plumber I
used was recommended by one.

My deck recommendations came from friends and relatives. Of the 4
estimates the highest was from the one that advertises heavily. Full
page ad in the paper might cost a thousand dollars. He must recoup it
in the price for the deck. Would be interesting to know what these
online sites charge.