DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wooden water/sewer pipes. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/639703-wooden-water-sewer-pipes.html)

Dean Hoffman[_12_] September 9th 19 04:21 PM

Wooden water/sewer pipes.

I was watching a show called Modern Marvels. It showed wooden pipes
from long ago. It also showed wooden pilings being driven for New Orleans.
Wooden pilings have been holding Venice, Italy up for hundreds of years.

Anyhow, a couple links if anyone is interested.
http://www.sewerhistory.org/photosgraphics/pipes-wood/
https://newyorkhistoryblog.org/2016/09/histroy-underground-old-wooden-water-pipes/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ahistoryoftheworld/objects/lg-zKE0ETBSw4I8O_RHz5A

Bob F September 9th 19 06:14 PM

Wooden water/sewer pipes.

On 9/9/2019 8:21 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* I was watching a show called Modern Marvels.Â*Â* It showed wooden
pipes
from long ago.Â* It also showed wooden pilings being driven for New Orleans.
Wooden pilings have been holding Venice, Italy up for hundreds of years.
Â*Â* Anyhow,Â* a couple links if anyone is interested.
http://www.sewerhistory.org/photosgraphics/pipes-wood/
https://newyorkhistoryblog.org/2016/09/histroy-underground-old-wooden-water-pipes/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ahistoryoftheworld/objects/lg-zKE0ETBSw4I8O_RHz5A

When I moved to my neighborhood, there was still the remains of an old
steel rod wrapped wood pipe visible along one of my jogging paths. I was
probably 1 ft. ID, wrapped with 1/4" steel at about 4" of pipe per wrap.

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] September 9th 19 08:29 PM

Wooden water/sewer pipes.

On 9/9/2019 11:21 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* I was watching a show called Modern Marvels.Â*Â* It showed wooden
pipes
from long ago.Â* It also showed wooden pilings being driven for New Orleans.
Wooden pilings have been holding Venice, Italy up for hundreds of years.
Â*Â* Anyhow,Â* a couple links if anyone is interested.
http://www.sewerhistory.org/photosgraphics/pipes-wood/
https://newyorkhistoryblog.org/2016/09/histroy-underground-old-wooden-water-pipes/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ahistoryoftheworld/objects/lg-zKE0ETBSw4I8O_RHz5A

I love Modern Marvels. Missed this episode though. Thanks for the
interesting links.

Vic Smith September 9th 19 09:38 PM

Wooden water/sewer pipes.

On Mon, 9 Sep 2019 15:29:39 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/9/2019 11:21 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* I was watching a show called Modern Marvels.Â*Â* It showed wooden
pipes
from long ago.Â* It also showed wooden pilings being driven for New Orleans.
Wooden pilings have been holding Venice, Italy up for hundreds of years.
Â*Â* Anyhow,Â* a couple links if anyone is interested.
http://www.sewerhistory.org/photosgraphics/pipes-wood/
https://newyorkhistoryblog.org/2016/09/histroy-underground-old-wooden-water-pipes/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ahistoryoftheworld/objects/lg-zKE0ETBSw4I8O_RHz5A

I love Modern Marvels. Missed this episode though. Thanks for the
interesting links.

Looks like Ancient Aliens replaced Modern Marvels.