Posted to alt.home.repair

Default We need to ban police cars

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 9:28:16 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 8/30/19 3:20 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Everybody's different. My husband enjoys target shooting and eating
venison.

1+ on the target shooting

1- on the venison. YUK YUK YUK YUK !!!! I hate venison.
And that included EVERY WAY other tell me they prepare it.

I don't like venison very much, nor the smell of it cooking.

But weird, I adore Elk and Moose.

Not readily available here. I had a bear summer sausage once that was
very good.

Did the bear enjoy it too ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 20:37:53 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I don't like venison very much, nor the smell of it cooking.

But weird, I adore Elk and Moose.

Not readily available here. I had a bear summer sausage once that was
very good.

Did the bear enjoy it too ?

PLEASE, spare everyone your lame senile attempts at "humour", you senil pest
from Oz!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/19 3:15 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 9:28:16 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 8/30/19 3:20 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Everybody's different. My husband enjoys target shooting and eating
venison.

1+ on the target shooting

1- on the venison. YUK YUK YUK YUK !!!! I hate venison.
And that included EVERY WAY other tell me they prepare it.

I don't like venison very much, nor the smell of it cooking.

But weird, I adore Elk and Moose.

Not readily available here. I had a bear summer sausage once that was
very good.

Cindy Hamilton

Customer of mine bough a smoker. Oh my goodness the wild
game he cooks is delicious. I wonder if venison (YUK YUK
YUK) would taste good in a smoker? Father's day and your
anniversary is coming up!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 31, 2019 at 6:30:49 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Doh! if you're gonna do a parachute jump, then yes, wear one.

Or are you saying that you wear a parachute whenever you go up in a
plane? Do airlines allow that now then !?

When you meet the ones on those 2 737MAX planes in the after life (if
you believe in such) ask themn if they would have liked to have a
parachute on.

A parachute would have been totally useless, no way to even safely exit the plane, nor was there time. Only guy who tried was DB Cooper, he went out the back stairs that 727s had, and most likely perished.

I bet some of those on the planes in 9-11 wish they had a
gun. The passanger planes never wanted parachoutes because of the space
they took up and the weight

A lot more wrong than that, like even if you had them, even if you had some safe way of exiting, of getting 200+ people out, I can't think of a single commercial airliner crash where they could have been used, except 911. Crashes happen on takeoff, landing, or rarely through some loss of control and its over in just a few minutes. That first Max crash, which was not typical, they had maybe 9 minutes from something first going wrong to the crash. And it's probably not a good idea to have people jumping out at the first sign of trouble. The vast majority, the problem doesn't cause a crash, the plane lands. And where do all these people come down safely?

Not withstanding you probably should know
how to use them. Do pleasure boats still have life preservers for the
passangers ? I don't know as have never been on one.

Yes, one for each person and kids under 13 need to be wearing them.

---
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/31/19 3:23 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I don't know about his god, but my God (Jesus) told his deciples to get
a sword (as guns had not yet been invented) and if they had to, sell
their coat to get one.

Hi Ralph,

If you were responding to a troll making fun of my religoun, it is the
same as yours: Jesus Christ Pantocrator (God Almighty). I specifically
believe in the The Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed:
https://orthodoxwiki.org/Nicene-Cons...opolitan_Creed

If not responding to a troll's comment about me, then never mind.

Oh and from whence we came, "under the Torah, using force to protect
innocents was not only a right, but a positive moral duty." [1]

-T

1. The Torah and Self-Defense
http://www.davekopel.com/2A/LawRev/T...lf-defense.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/31/2019 04:23 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Why would you need to carry a gun, Mr T? Surely your god will protect

you.

I don't know about his god, but my God (Jesus) told his deciples to get
a sword (as guns had not yet been invented) and if they had to, sell
their coat toget one.

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.

https://pitt.edu/~dash/havamal.html

There is a 9th century poem called the Heliand. It's based on Tatian's
Diatessaron, an attempt to harmonize the gospels, but is modified in an
attempt to make the sale to the Saxons. Jesus is the leader of a band of
warriors. Even in the Nativity scene the shepherds are replace with the
men tending the horses. Real men don't play with sheep.

In 'The Germanization of Early Medieval Christianity' Russell makes the
argument that Christianity was transformed when it met the Europeans.
unfortunately is appears to have been transformed again into some sort
of politically correct mishmash. Too bad. I'll stick with the Old Gods.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 31/08/2019 23:23, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Why would you need to carry a gun, Mr T? Surely your god will protect

you.

I don't know about his god, but my God (Jesus) told his deciples to get
a sword (as guns had not yet been invented) and if they had to, sell
their coat toget one.

---

But he also told you to sell all of your posessions/ to not wear

clothes of mixed fabrics and not to eat shellfish.

--
Bod

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/09/2019 03:40, Bod wrote:
On 31/08/2019 23:23, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Â* Why would you need to carry a gun, Mr T? Surely your god will
protect
you.

I don't know about his god, but my God (Jesus) told his deciples to get
a sword (as guns had not yet been invented) and if they had to, sell
their coat toget one.

---

But he also told you to sell all of your posessions/ to not wear

clothes of mixed fabrics and not to eat shellfish.

Also:

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 KJV - If a man have a stubborn and rebellious ...

https://www.biblegateway.com ۼ passage
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the
voice of his ... 21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with
stones, that he die: so shalt ...

Nice!

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 31, 2019 at 5:42:18 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 8/31/19 3:15 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 9:28:16 PM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 8/30/19 3:20 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Everybody's different. My husband enjoys target shooting and eating
venison.

1+ on the target shooting

1- on the venison. YUK YUK YUK YUK !!!! I hate venison.
And that included EVERY WAY other tell me they prepare it.

I don't like venison very much, nor the smell of it cooking.

But weird, I adore Elk and Moose.

Not readily available here. I had a bear summer sausage once that was
very good.

Cindy Hamilton

Customer of mine bough a smoker. Oh my goodness the wild
game he cooks is delicious. I wonder if venison (YUK YUK
YUK) would taste good in a smoker? Father's day and your
anniversary is coming up!

We already have a smoker. He's got every toy that he wants, except
the truly outrageous stuff like his own helicopter.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/1/2019 7:00 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]

The ultimate tree-stand shouldn't be a problem for double income professionals.

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search...-type=aircraft

--
Get off my lawn!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 9:06:31 AM UTC-4, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
[...]

Nice. But it would eat up a large chunk of our retirement savings.
Double-income professionals doesn't always mean "makes a ****pot of
money".

Cindy Hamilton