Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default A/C Return Air Transfer Grills between rooms?

replying to DougD, Carmine wrote:
I just installed a transfer grille I bought from Tamarack. Same scenario I
live in S Fla and I am not sure what they were thinking when they built these
condo's. Very easy install. And they come with a sound buffer. My bedroom
wall is next to main living room . So the furthest distance I could go away
from A/C duct , I traced the shape of the grill and cut the drywall , checked
for stud with stud finder first , After one side of the wall opened I traced
the open cut with a pencil for the living room wall and cut the opening. I had
the bedroom door closed and could feel air flow through opening immediately.
The transfer grill is high up by the ceiling to suck out the warm air . Plus
it is near my flat screen hanging on that wall which does give off heat. The
transfer grill comes in 2 halves and is flexible as it is aluminum similiar to
duct work. Drop one in one side then go on the other wall behind and drop the
other in. Presto ! The grill vent covers require drilling a small hole in
the alum for the screws. Presto ! Instant return ducts.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...oms-33366-.htm